4 Forte ll's and 2 fortes at last,Pics.

dtel

• Moderators

Yesterday i went and picked up a pair of WO Fortes for $300 . Not bad looking, a couple what looks like small water stains on the tops and a couple small scratches. After a little BLO they look much better,also removed the risers .

I put them where i had the Forte ll's hanging on the back wall/ceiling pointing down about 45 deg. This let me take one of the Forte ll's and use as a center.

Now three forte ll's across the front and original Fortes as rears.

Before i did this i put them side by side with the ll's and i must say i really diden't hear a difference although i did not listen very long because i wanted to set everything up where it will stay.

We listened to some music and later watched a movie.

I knew a matching center would sound good but i had no idea it would make this much difference. This would blow the Synergy's i had before off their stands.

Thanks for all the help and advice . More later

• Moderators

It's not pretty but it works, need to mount the rear center.

The metal brackets are bolted into the 2x12 that is bolted to the beams. I made sure the bracket is centered as not to cover any horns. Not perfect but you have to work with what you have.

Looks good. I noticed a real difference going with 3 forte II's across front even over using an academy with a K stack for center. I think you get much better base response at center going with the full sized speaker. Hope you enjoy.

... I noticed a real difference going with 3 forte II's across front even over using an academy with a K stack for center. I think you get much better base response at center going with the full sized speaker...

it is much more than just bass. Expecting a poor little K76 to do the job of a K75/K61 combo is just ... well just a wishful compromise... my opinion of course.

Thanks for the pics. Nice job. Bet it sounds great.

I just split a pair of Fortes with Popbumper--nice score by the way on the $300 pair. I will soon be able to sell my single Heresy 2 and have three Fortes across the front.

I think I would need to really buy my wife something nice if I wanted to mount Fortes in the rear and on the sides!

I assume those brackets are screwed directly into the studs?

"I knew a matching center would sound good but i had no idea it would make this much difference"

Yup, that's what we've been preaching all this time.

Congrats on the matching score- seems like you've fallen into some very good deals on Fortes in your neighborhood. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. Those brackets look simple, yet very sturdy.

I bet it sounds fantastic!

Michael

• Moderators

The room to where the rear speakers are is 24' wide and 18' deep,the room behind that beam the rears's are on is another 16'.

So the open space is 34'deep and 24' wide The Forte's have no problem filling this space with sound .

Yes i have been very lucky with finding the Forte's thanks to you Michael on one pair and Fastlane on another pair, and just dumb luck on the third pair. Thanks

Yes the brackets holding the rear speakers up is bolted to wood, made sure it was safe, a forte falling on someone from 8' would not be something i would want to see.

I wish i had a way to position them better but where the right rear would go is a wood burning heater and where the left rear would go is kind of a walkway. Also with the Forte's i will never be able to go 7.1 because no place to put two rear side speakers.

But I do have two corners on the 24' wall, just move the sub over a little, what could i use that for ? [:D] That will be next