Tired Of Those Annoying Telemarketing Phone Calls.... Try This

Gilbert

JUST A REMINDER....26 days from today, all cell phone numbers are being released to telemarketing companies and you will start to receive sale calls. .YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR THESE CALLS...

To prevent this, call the following number

from your cell phone:

888-382-1222.

It is the National DO NOT CALL list. It will only take a minute of your time. It blocks your number for five (5) years.

HELP OTHERS BY PASSING THIS ON TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS OR GO TO:

www.donotcall.gov

• Like 1

had a call once from the New York Times for a subscription just after the fake article scam by the guy who was promoted until found out. told the guy why should i take a paper full of lies and he said "ITS THE MOST RESPECTED PAPER INTHE COUNTRY." I laughed at him and told him how full of it that was, and never to call this number again. So far so good.

This works as well.

When a telemarketer calls, (and yes, a few have since the new law went into place) I just say "sure, he/she is here hold on I'll get them for you", set the phone down on the counter and walk away. In about 5~10 minutes when I hear the "beep beep beep beep", I hang the phone up. Works like a charm 10 outta 10 times! [:)]

Telemarketing is not so bad in Canada yet. Most of our illegal immigrants are secretly plotting to blow up something in the US, they don't have time with telemarketing jobs. I guess once they cross the boarder your great Homeland Security people thwart their plans and all they can do is telemarketing...:-)

Has anyone tried the number to stop receiving pre approved credit cards coming to the house?

I just read about this and didnt know if it was bogus or not.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

The number is 888.5OPTOUT (888.567.8688). I just tried it from work and it didnt recognize my home number and wanted my name and address. I will try it in the morning when I get home.

Danny