Another feather in DeanG's already full cap!

fgarib

Dear Mr. Wescott,

Your crossover networks for my KHorns have been causing a rift in my marriage, and my new baby girl refuses to recognize me. I've grown and unseemly beard, my ears ring whenever I'm not listening to them, and I've developed a slight twitch in my left pinky finger. I smell, I can't find my toothbrush, my boss has been looking for me, and my customers have written me off.

So from the bottom of my heart, thank you for rectifying my life!

Regards,

Fauzi Garib

With more feathers in your cap does that mean you will fly off the handle more easily?

Thanks for getting the parts to me Dean. I still have to assemble them but work has been too busy lately.

Bruce

I wonder if Dean has been messing with my speakers, cause I smell too.

LOL!

If he hasn't, make sure he stays away... you'll turn into a (barely) breathing cesspool of slime! :0)

In all seriousness folks, I'm just really sorry that there aren't more hours in the day... it is amazing what a difference the networks have really made. I could go on and on about the crystal clear highs, and BEEEAUTIFUL mids... and on and on about how I'm hearing things in music that I just didn't hear... But you've heard alll of that before... and I don't want Dean to shoot up his prices for my next order! So I'll just say two things:

First of all, I've never really understood what people meant when they talked about separation of instruments in the soundstage until I plugged these in. It is simply uncanny how much you can "see" where the different instruments were meant to be in the presentation. Which, I guess means I'm now "seeing" things in my music that I never did before! :)

My Khorns are along a relatively small wall (just over 14'), so I can only imagine what a longer wall would do to the soundstage!

Secondly: Before these networks ended up in my speakers, I had quite the experience with them in a dark musty electrical engineering lab in Princeton University. I had sent the email order to Dean while I was still in Pakistan and planning a work trip to Toronto. Got there, (eventually!) sent in the payment, and realized that I had to be in Princeton, NJ for work, and the shipping works out much cheaper there, so I had him send them there instead. And one glorious Monday towards the end of March, FedEx delivered!

Coincidentally, my bro-in-law is a PhD student there, and I asked (read: got on my knees and pleadingly grabbed his knees till he said yes!) if we could take these networks down to his lab and put them up on the oscilloscope. He agreed (mainly, I think, because he wanted the use of his legs again!), and off we went.

Anyways, since I'm not a technical person at all, I had very little clue initially about what he was doing and how, but eventually an EE friend of his walked in and his jaw literally dropped. Turned out, this friend, an Indian was an audio enthusiast, and he had never ever EVER seen a winding job on the coil that was hooked up to the meter. He was just soooo amazed at the handiwork, and kept claiming that he had tried to do it numerous times, and to get it this good, it might take weeks, not days.

Anyway, to make a long story short, I did manage to end up spending a couple days in the lab (not at a stretch, mind you!), and it was ROCKING to see the different frequency ranges that go into the different drivers and convert that into a frequency response curve. As I said, I'm not the most technical of people, so, though mundane sounding to the likes of most on this forum, I was like a kid in a Klipsch Kandy store! All those things that I had heard about (roll offs, responses, band pass, high / low pass) were right there in front of me!

Anyways... that's enough typing for now! Music awaits!

Fauzi

Fauzi,

Dean can't take credit for the coil winding, but he sure did pick the correct parts to use and put together.

Super that you are enjoying them so much. I have parts here that I have received from Dean, but still need to assemble them. Perhaps this weekend they will get done.

Bruce