A Maryland-DC-No. Virginia Klipsch and Music Fest!

LarryC

An update -- I received our 17 tickets (11 orders plus me) on Saturday, so we're good to go for the concert. As a gentle reminder, they were $25 each (no added charges), and I've received 4 checks of the 11. The Forum's e-mail and PM messaging seems to be back in order, so please PM me for my address if you need it to send a check.

This morning, I heard the Waltz from the Symphonie Fantastique on the radio -- an amazing cascade of complicated things going on in the orchestra. This will be a real treat for grooving into classical!

Larry

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Al, it's boiling down to this, though things may still change: Saturday will be divided between Gary's place in Columbia, MD, and my place in Bethesda. Thebes's place is part of this, probably on Sunday morning. All, or nearly all, of us are going to a concert at Strathmore Hall on Saturday evening Oct. 14, where I've arranged for seats in the first balcony over one side of the stage for excellent visibility of a symphony orchestra in full action.

The size of the group is borderline too large for my space, a smallish living room with only a 2-channel setup including a pair of pCATs that will need to be fit in. I have a non-listening "sitting" room downstairs for those who just want to chat. Gary's main listening area is in the basement, and there is a second listening space on his main floor. You've been to Marty's. See the rest of the thread for other details. PM me if interested.

Larry

• 2 weeks later...

Larry, Gary & Marty,

Unfortunately, I am not going to be able to attend the gathering in October. I'm pretty bummed, and it took a while for me to make this decision. I'm sure you guys will have a GREAT time! Gary, spin some NRBQ for Larry, for me, OK?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm bumping this because TWO TICKETS have been freed up at $25 each for the Strathmore concert! This means that two more people can share the complete adventure of --

-- Garymd's two systems, including:

- his free K-horns, BBXtreme, VRD's, and a Basis table with Vector arm and Transfiguration cart

- his Zebrawood Cornwalls in his CD and home theater system

-- My system:

- K-horns, Joule Electra preamp and OTL amps, Wadia CDP, similar phono setup to Gary's

-- Juicy Music pCAT Lynx amplifiers, to be heard at my and Gary's sessions

-- Thebes' Marantz 8B and preamp, Marantz Tjoeb CDP, and KG speaker showplace

-- A great symphony concert with special seats right over the side of the stage!!

How about you possible fence-sitters rethinking this event and "coming on down"? Tom Longo? Michael? Parrot? Others? We don't want the tickets go to waste! PM or e-mail me if interested. Right now, we have a total of 18 tickets and 16 signed up right now for the concert, and one add'l dropping by my place.

Thanks,

Larry

Guys,

I only now discovered this thread! Where is it going to be? Baltimore someplace?

AL K.

Al,

This would be a great opportunity to bring some networks to my place. I currently have Dean's ALK Jrs and my tops pop right off. They can be swapped in less than 5 minutes.

Hope you can make it.

• 4 weeks later...

Gary, sorry I had not seen this thread. My Brother in law and his wife will be here that weekend and he is a huge Klipsch fan ('76 Cornwalls). I don't think we could do the concert but we might be able to drop by and do some listening. I will check with him and see what his pulse is on it. Do I need to rsvp if we are just going to come by and listen or only if we are planning to go to the concert?

Rob

Hi, Rob --

You need to "RSVP," as we are not planning to put directions on the forum. Just let Gary or me know. See the first post in

Agenda, dinner menu, attendees, & 2 available Strathmore tickets... (pinned to the top of the 2-channel directory) for the agenda for Oct 13, 14 and 15.

If you do decide on the concert, I'm not sure at the moment if I have any tickets available in our special balcony seating -- stay tuned for that.

Larry

We have close to 20 people showing up so far if my count is correct. I wish my listening rooms were bigger! I'm happy to have everyone come but I want people to be comfortable too.

I think we need a head count pretty soon since I have to plan for food. I hope it's a nice day so we can set up the buffet outside.

I think we need a head count pretty soon since I have to plan for food.

I'm glad you mentioned that -- I'll need a head count for dinner, too. As I mentioned in the other thread, it's at a great Italian restaurant that has a very nice variety of food and prices, Mamma Lucia in Bethesda. We have a separate section for seating.

The menu with prices is here.

I'd like to get started on the count. Could everyone please give me a yes or no on whether they're coming to the dinner?

It will start at 5:15 p.m., to give plenty of time to come back from Gary's, and end at 7:00 p.m. to give plenty of time to get to Strathmore, park, and get seated.

Parking: There is a public parking garage with inexpensive meters a few doors up from Mamma Lucia's. Parking at Strathmore is FREE.

Larry

I won't be able to make an entire day out of it. Count on me solo at Gary's house for a bit. I am familiar with his set up and sound and am anxious to check out the pcats.

Carol and I will make the Strathmore...I'll have to get back to you on dinner. It will depend on if I can get a sitter for the [&] 5PM to midnight (drive back) is beyond his limit.

Gary,

If its OK, I'll slide down your way in the early afternoon just to meet with folks and say hi, maybe checkout the system and listen to a tune. Then I'll head out - no fuss, no muss and I promise, I won't up take up too much space.

Let me know if I can help, Bryan

Steve, glad to hear all of it even if you don't get to stop by my place -- luck of the draw, since Gary and I worked out the order of things in the agenda. If you do leave early and take the western side of the Capital Beltway, you might consider dropping by here for a bit and following us up to Gary's.

I look forward to seeing you and Caroline.

Larry

Gary,

Caroline and I will show up around 12:00. I guess it would be better just to head to your house, I think it would be too late to make it to Larry's.

Larry,

The two of us will also be going to dinner

Steve

Steve,

Are you coming from VA? There's a chance I'll be at BWI around noon so I'm not sure I can host before 1:00. I probably won't know until the day before (long story). Larry's place is right off the beltway so it might be easier to stop by his place and follow the caravan anyway. That would give you and Caroline at least an hour at Larry's.

Gary, If its OK, I'll slide down your way in the early afternoon just to meet with folks and say hi, maybe checkout the system and listen to a tune. Then I'll head out - no fuss, no muss and I promise, I won't up take up too much space. Let me know if I can help, Bryan

I forgot how large you are Bryan. Not sure I have room for you.[;)]

I hope you can stay for more than a song or two!