PA gear sales

Okay gang, something has to go. Now that I've got my dream speakers (the double stacked LSI splits), some of this old PA stuff has to go.

Here's a list of everything I have right now. I'm sorting, cleaning, repairing, and photographing this next month. Got to raise some cash as I forget to sell any weddings for July and August.

This is everything I have, not all will be sold, just wanted to get you thinking about it...

I'm keeping a tri-amp PA stack with eq, xover, and processing.

Ashley EQ231 dual 31 band eq

Rane dual three-way xover

BGW75 highs

Crown DC300A mids

MicroTech 1200 lows

Here is the stuff that looks 'extra' right now.

JBL 6260 Amp (4 spaces)

QSC 1400

Biamp brand dual 10 band eq (this component matchs the one below)

Biamp brand dual tri-crossover/ 5 way mono

DOD R430 dual 15 band eq (1 rack space)

Bag End mid/high speakers with 2x EVM12L and 6x JBL 4" drivers each. no crossover in the 7ply birch cabinets, they must be biamped (like the Greatful Dead Alembic rig)

EV TL bins for 15" DRIVERS homebuild from EV plans with EVM-15L drivers- these would be great for the low/mid of pa or bottoms for small 2-3 way system or stack em and jam out with your bad bass self.

Single EV TL 18" bin with working EVM-15L driver. Good for low end for above 15" matching cabinets. Also have additional matching EVM-15L woofer so you could build a second cabinet to match.

JBL 18" cinema cabinets with JBL drivers- need to be reconed

Renkus Heinz slanted stage monitors each with 2 12" eminence and RH CD horn approx 30 long each.

EV mid horns with 1828" drivers

F100 Performance Fog machine

Misc old Par 46 Par 38 lights

Microphone stands and booms

Shure SM58 mics

AT mics

Cardoid condenser mics.

I"M NOT TAKING ANY OFFERS AT THIS TIME, so emails and pm's wont be responded to until I say GO. Just wanted to get the info typed out so I can start figuring out what to do and what to ask for these pieces.

Michael

Is that JBL a nice unit Mark?

The JBLUrie 6260 is out of a church. I think it drove VOT's for a while. She's pretty clean but no work. Rated at 150x2 into 8, 300x2 into 4. Got inputs for everything XLR/1/4/barrier strip.

I have a local electronic/PA/Recone shop, Spectrum Sound that has done all my repairs to date. For instance the Biamp electronics were gone through a few years back and cleaned etc. I'll use them to bring everything up to snuff before selling.

So now I've got some speaker cabinets to finish building up/painting, etc. And all those Cornwall Grilles to make. But at least there's a littlel room.

colterphoto1 what are your using for lows with your split lascala's?

I have 3 pairs of split lascala's, well one pair is the 63 model that had the horns lying on top just like decorater khorns but they are still split . I was thinking of find somthing vintage for lows.

colterphoto1 what are your using for lows with your split lascala's?

I have 3 pairs of split lascala's, well one pair is the 63 model that had the horns lying on top just like decorater khorns but they are still split . I was thinking of find somthing vintage for lows.

Nothing right now. I'm keeping enough gear to tri-amp in stereo, so will probably bi-amp theLSI's and either use the JBL 18" bins or the EV TL 18" bins with them. The EV's are a deeper cabinet and would stack better. The JBL's are slightly larger than a CW, more of a small Theatre sub box- couldn't stack easily.

What is of 'vintage' that really has good solid lows though? To make it worthwhile, you need to get from the LSI's 70 Hz or so down to at least a good solid 30 Hz in my estimation. ( I know Doc wants flat down to 16, ain't gonna happen on my watch.)

It's surprising how good the Heritage sound outdoors. My LSI sound just fine with moderate volume music playing through them. Just did fireworks with Pink Floyd playing over a single Heresy on the back porch. Everybody noted- DAMN that thing packs a serious punch, and it was pretty balanced. I think most speakers sound better outdoors, and that's primarily what my LSI's are for. I'm not taking them into bars doing PA for rap bands or anything like that. Just old 70's rock for the most part. THey sould fine to me.

Michael

I have a local electronic/PA/Recone shop, Spectrum Sound that has done all my repairs to date.

They are working on my second old radio I picked up cheap, and was told they really don't do "those" kinds of repairs. Apparently they do a lot of Pro audio stuff.

..........back on topic.........Good luck with your sale!

To make it worthwhile, you need to get from the LSI's 70 Hz or so down to at least a good solid 30 Hz in my estimation. ( I know Doc wants flat down to 16, ain't gonna happen on my watch.)

PA is a whole different realm from home audio - 30Hz would be more than plenty. [:P]

But I'm talking about high quality playback mostly, not live PA. Do you still think 30Hz is enough?

And speaking of power, I have two double stacks of the LSI's and will have some kind of lower bass bins for this setup. I have several amps listed above. Trying to decide what to keep. I want a balanced system of good condition components. If I tri-amp (lows, LSbass, LSmid/high), what kinds of power should I need for each section?

Here are the choices, model, watts/ohms, measuring style

Crown MT 1200 310/8 480/4 at 1 khz both channels driven

Crown DC300IIA 175/8 305/4 at DC to 20K, both driven

QSC 1400 200/8 300/4 at 20-20k ,both driven

JBL 6260 150/8 300/4 at 20-20k ,both driven

BGW 75 dont' know

I'm kinda thinking xover points at 80 and 500, perhaps bypassing some of the passive in the AL. Using the 1200 for subs at 300watts per 18", the QSC for 300 watts into a pair of LSI bass bins, and JBL for 300 watts into pair of LS mid/highs. I know this is probably not a perfect setup, but based on what I have, would work with some tweaking.

And I could save the Dc300 for use with my HT mains, thereby doubling their power and headroom for 2ch listening.

Michael

Michael,

Ever thought of doing the ported mod for your lows on one set of bass bins(you have 4 total...right?).Just a thought....

Are you going to run the mid/tweet sections using a passive to divide those signals?

I think you have plenty of power,as a rule of thumb put the most powerful amp on the lows,your cleanest amp on the mids/highs.

Greg

No, no thought of doing that particular mod. I think for outdoor playback or pro sound that dedicated subs is the correct approach.

I don't see much benefit in using the three way to separate mid and hi, so will just use the passive for those. The LSI split is setup to do this, the input goes into the mid/hi cabinet, then a separate set of 5way binding posts sends the lows to the bass bin.

When computing wattages, I have two of each cabinet on each channel, therefore a nominal 4 ohms everywhere, is this correct?

Michael

Two of these are what they used to use at Market Square Arena for concerts. It will blow an amazing amount of smoke. Has 1 gallon oil reservoir and wired remote control.

I should just keep it, it's too cool for use at Halloween parties.

Yup, we played in the garage all afternoon and got this setup (but not wired yet)

Top to bottom

DOD 2x15 band eq

Stereo gate/compressor/limiter

Art multieffects

Rane 2x3 way crossover

BGW 150

QSC 1400

JBL6260

Crown Microtech 1200

post-10755-1381930431245_thumb.jpg