ebay question - how is this possible?

Guest " "

• Klipsch Employees

Just tonight I bought and sold for the first time on Ebay.

I will be listing more "ventage" gear there and clean some of this "great" product out of my way. I guess I could offer it up here, but this place is for chating not selling.

None of you guys would want this old junk anyway....[:D]

I guess I will have to buy all his low ticket items and leave him negative feed back using one of my "your-a-chump" ID's.

I'm hoping that you're joking here.

I'd say that putting no reserve and a low starting bid on an item and then withdrawing the item at the last moment is a bit unethical, but buying 'low ticket' items specifically to leave negative feedback in retribution for a cancelled auction is REALLY UNETHICAL. In the first case, the seller is operating within ebay rules, but buying small items to leave revenge negative feedback should be grounds for dismissal from ebay.

OTOH, the seller refusing to complete the sale of the horn parts because he didn't like the winning bid amount is certainly solid ground for a negative feedback, keeping in mind that you will certainly receive one in retribution from an unethical seller.

My comments are intended for the rip-offs who lurk on E-bay, and all you snipers, who in the end ruin it for everyone else.

Come on, ob, lighten up! What's the difference between putting in a snipe bid with 5 seconds left, and sitting by your computer doing the same thing? I've done it both ways, and prefer the snipe bid. Especially when the auction is ending at 2 AM and I don't want to be sitting at my computer at that hour.

Mike

My comments are intended for the rip-offs who lurk on E-bay, and all you snipers, who in the end ruin it for everyone else.

Come on, ob, lighten up! What's the difference between putting in a snipe bid with 5 seconds left, and sitting by your computer doing the same thing? I've done it both ways, and prefer the snipe bid. Especially when the auction is ending at 2 AM and I don't want to be sitting at my computer at that hour.

Mike

That is why you can't say it's an auction, I don't get a chance to bid again............it is about the highest bid right? NO the clock ran out no more bids..............that is my complaint..........I hope I worded that right............You don't get a chance to out bid the last bid.....................Hey, E-bay works for some, for some it does not, that's never going to change, if you like E-bay please use it , most people like buying and selling on E-bay, I just don't enjoy it....................

Mike

That is why you can't say it's an auction, I don't get a chance to bid again............it is about the highest bid right? NO the clock ran out no more bids..............that is my complaint..........I hope I worded that right............You don't get a chance to out bid the last bid.....................Hey, E-bay works for some, for some it does not, that's never going to change, if you like E-bay please use it , most people like buying and selling on E-bay, I just don't enjoy it....................

In a traditional auction at an auction house, the bidders are all present or on a phone live, right there where they can be seen by the auctioneer so the auctioneer knows if the bidding has reached the max. On eBay, it's obviousely not the same situation so it's not the same as a traditional auction, but how else can you end an auction where the bidders are not physically in front of the auctioneer, unless you have an expiration time? Should it go on and on and on assuming there might be a bidder somewhere in the world who would like to place a bid at some time or another to beat the last bid placed, or should there be a time limit? Ebay is a new type of auction, designed to be played with different rules than traditional auctions. It works well for the majority of the players, the majority of the time.

Mike

In a traditional auction at an auction house, the bidders are all present or on a phone live, right there where they can be seen by the auctioneer so the auctioneer knows if the bidding has reached the max. On eBay, it's obviousely not the same situation so it's not the same as a traditional auction, but how else can you end an auction where the bidders are not physically in front of the auctioneer, unless you have an expiration time? Should it go on and on and on assuming there might be a bidder somewhere in the world who would like to place a bid at some time or another to beat the last bid placed, or should there be a time limit? Ebay is a new type of auction, designed to be played with different rules than traditional auctions. It works well for the majority of the players, the majority of the time.

What's the difference Being on the phone, or Being on line, the deadline comes the last bid is $100., I'm sitting right there online and want to bid $110. I can't................So now call it a new type auction....whatever..................May all your E-bay purchases be good, and all your E-bay sales bring in top dollar, I wish no one a bad transaction, enjoy the game called E-bay.................I'll Pass...................

OB, In truth, Ebay is really an auction, it is just that all the bidding takes place at the end. To ease your troubles with the system, go to Auctionsniper.com, sign up and place your bid there. bid the MAX you are willing to pay and your offer is placed at the last second. If it sells for more than your max bid then you wouldn't have bought it anyway but there is a good chance you will get the item if you place a reasonable bid. I have bought many items that way. Yes it takes the emotion out of it but that is a GOOD thing! You take a reasoned view of what something is worth, bid that much and if you value the item the most, you will win.

OB, In truth, Ebay is really an auction, it is just that all the bidding takes place at the end. To ease your troubles with the system, go to Auctionsniper.com, sign up and place your bid there. bid the MAX you are willing to pay and your offer is placed at the last second. If it sells for more than your max bid then you wouldn't have bought it anyway but there is a good chance you will get the item if you place a reasonable bid. I have bought many items that way. Yes it takes the emotion out of it but that is a GOOD thing! You take a reasoned view of what something is worth, bid that much and if you value the item the most, you will win.

I am not going to use autosniper, I don't think that is the way to go, if I bid $200. and the last bid is $205. what if I decide to pay $210. for it ,I can't. Cal, the E-bay system just doesn't work for me, I am not telling anyone NOT to use it, all I'm saying is I won't use it. To use Autosniper would be hypocritical in my case, as that is a complaint I have about the system. I don't start these threads, I just comment about them, the forum is open to all views, and these are my views, they are not right, nor are they wrong, each person must and will do what's best for them. If you enjoy E-bay fine, by all means use it, buy and sell to your hearts content, ................I just don't enjoy the experience.........................

Thats cool with me. The hardest thing for most people to get used to on Ebay is that in reality it is a one bid auction. Whoever places the highest bid over the reserve price, wins.

If you want a more to live auction experence online, go to WWW.govliquditation.com. This is a Government auction site. All items are where is as is. NO SHIPPING. YOU make all the arangements. However, to avoid the snipe bid, the auction is automaticly extended 1/2 hour if a bid is made in the last half hour. Here you truly can bid piece by piece until you reach your limit. Just be aware that the lots are much larger and you may need to buy some stuff you don't want to get what you do want. 1.5 million pounds of scrap anyone???[:P]