Cornwall lll's and Hope

dtel

• Moderators

I had my name drawn by Trey's daughter in Hope this year.[:o]

They said the Cornwalls should be built in July or Aug, very excited !

Going to Hope i had it in my head i would later look for a pair of Khorns for 2 channel.

I now have an all Forte 6.1 Ht and wanted something for just 2 ch.

After hearing the Cornwall lll's in Hope I was not so sure about the Khorns.

I will always have the Cornwalls but do you think I will still want some Khorns later down the road ?

Hope is the only place i have ever heard them and from what I recall the Cornwall lll sounded much more forward and full in the mid and highs compared to the Khorn. It was probably the music being played because that did not make sense .

The Khorn sounded more laid back but it did seem to fill the room more, like the room was the speaker. I expected the Khorn to blow away the rest, but it just had a different sound, better?

My wife says we will still look for some Khorns later because no matter how good the Cornwall lll's sound you will always wonder .

I guess i could switch back and forth, for different types of music.

Can't stop thinking about this waiting to hear the new speakers after coming back from Hope

Nothing like new Speakers from your favorite company.[:D]

For those that have them, or heard them in Hope what ya think ?

• Moderators

No thanks.

I would " never " get rid of them. After the weekend at Hope, the people we met, having my name picked to win them, factory tour, I will always keep them.

Not even counting the fact Cornwall lll,s sound great.

That don't mean we can't have more, just look at Michael,s collection and he is not alone, well some are close.

dtel,

I'm somewhat like you with the Khorns. I love the Cornwall and I am not 100% sure a Khorn will do it for me. I think it is fair for me to say that I would have to audition them some more to get the best opinion I possibly can. It could be that I like bass a little sloppy...I don't know.

While you were there, didn't you get to hear the jubilee's? I would bet you have a different opinion on the bass coming from those.

jc

• Moderators

Yes we did hear the Jubilee, two would sound much better.

I don't want to think about them , after i have a good long time with the Cornwall lll,s there should be some better idea how the Jubilee will sound in a home. From hearing one i think I already Know, Don't think about it, Don't think about it ,Don't think about it

Will be looking forward to some reviews on how the work out from the first 2 forum members to order. Even then that would be a big step,used Khorns about $2000 to $2500 not including luck, Jubilee's ? no idea.

Makes perfect sense.

The highs and mids on my corns are much more forward than on my khorns. That's just the way the speakers were designed. Everything seems a bit more forward on the corns.

I love them both for different reasons as I'm sure you eventually will.

Congrats on the Corns and I'm sure someday you'll also own a pair of the big ole horns.[:D]

Your going to be very happy with the cornwalls. My best advice? Just live with them a while and ENJOY them too. And BTW congrats to a great couple too. I was happy you won, to be honest!!

...and after you enjoy them for a while, keep them and sell me your (extra) Fortes. [:P]

Chris

The bass on the Corns seems to even out with the mids when placed in corners. By design? That said, to paraphrase, "I know Mr Klipschorn, and Mr Cornwall, you are no Klipschorn." The Klipschorn sound is bigger and just fills the room like it is a part of it. They seem to dissappear into hidden recesses in the edges of the soundfield.

Rick

Dtel

The funny thing about Khorns is that they really need to be in the right room to really shine. I have been in some places where Khorns sound dreadful. Most times when you hear someone complain about Khorns, it is not the speaker but the room it is in.

Cornwalls work in any room and sound great in any room. You can toe them in, play with location and distances from the walls to get the best responce. None of which you can do with a khorn short of building a false wall for it.

Yes you will always wonder.... Just like none of our systems are ever complete.

Enjoy your CW3's

JM

To be fair, the khorns in Hope weren't sounding thier best, but certainly not their worst either...even then, I would have to vote cornwalls over khorns. They're simply more compatible with more music and listening environments.

ya, probably...good thing it's just my opinion [;)]

But I do agree...there's nothing like having heard all of them. And in the Dtel's case everyone knows they'll end up with a pair of khorns if nothing else for curiosity sake. I was just trying to help him feel a bit more comfortable about his impressions.

And for what it's worth, them cornwalls weren't their best sounding either...not that I've ever heard C3's before...just that they needed better tunes flowing through them [;)][:o]

• Moderators

Hey they are a set , never thought about it like that.

Michael now i see what you are trying to do , you are right it's not a set till you have a pair of each.[:)]

Probably what will happen is I will need is a different amp for the c3's for 2 ch. So that will probably be what i will need next.

I like this Yamaha "RS-X730" for HT, what I have now but may need something better just for Music.

Maby an old 2 ch reciever or , I hate to even say it tubes. I had a Sansui [sp] 8080 a few years ago and gave it away because the lights on the dial went out, stupid move, but it did sound better than the newer ht recievers for music from what i recall.

I did like that Cayin intergrated they had in the showroom at Klipsch. Steve phillips and i talked about it in hope, checked it out after I got home and it's very nice but not cheap, for a cheap person like me. You never know though.

• Moderators

No Daddy Dee haven't anything, they said july or aug so we still have some time left.

We plan on riding back to Hope to pick them up. We will probably ride up there and stay one night and pick them up the next day and drive home. Don't want to drive that far round trip or leave them in the car at a hotel.

Really looking forward to picking them up ,well geting back home to listen to them. It will be the best speakers i have ever had ! I have had a few different speakers, most not good enough to recall their names or model #.

And to to think i ran across the Klipsch brand by chance when looking to replace an old prologic ht a few years ago. Bought some Synergys, a small price to pay for finding the type of speaker company i was looking for .

I always did like horns I built some speakers from a book about 26 years ago that had horn mids and highs . The speakers i had built were oddly enough almost exactly the same size as Cornwalls but not ported. I just got rid of the boxes a few years ago after most of the horns went out and didn't know where to get something to replace them with. They did sound very good, real close to my Forte's but bigger sounding.

Funny how things tend to go around in a big circle sometimes.

dtel, may I suggest the Harmon Kardon 3480??? two channel reciever with no hop ha or super duper dolby surround sound.... Its all the sound without the royalties...... around 300 dollars and they are 120 high current watts. BTW its new.

Now let me take some heat.... flame on!