Cornwall Vault and Wanted empty BEATER enclosures

DizRotus

Don't forget that the vault is available to forum members to safely ship pristine Cornwalls. If interested, contact me by PM or email for the details. Then I'll direct you to Gilbert who will fill in the details (if he's not watching an F1 parade . . . I mean race). :)<?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O />

• 2 weeks later...

I saw this when it was first posted and thought this was a joke. Did not realize you were serious.

The vaults? Are you offering up these vaults for folks to ship speakers in? I have found that shipping empty boxes runs almost the same cost of shipping them with speakers. Most carriers such as fedex and UPS charge by size. So one would have to compute the cost of getting the vaults from you to where the speakers are at, then the cost of getting the vaults back to you from where ever the speakers destination will be.

A disposable wooden crate lined with foam sheets on all sides built on site would be much cheaper.

You can use the UPS calculator at their web site to go thru this and get estimates of shipping empty shipping containers and they do it again adding the 124 lbs per speaker.

I did a search, and see the same reaction.

Am I missing something, is there an offer of free shipping hidden in all this?

Still think it is cheaper to crate the speakers yourself with a disposalble shipping container than to pay to have this vault shipped to you, then pay to have the vault shipped to it's destination, then pay to have the vault shipped back to where it came from.

What am I missing?

This vault is an excellent way to ship a pair of pristine risered Cornwalls.

It is correct to understand that use of this vault requires sending it to the seller/shipper's location for use. Might not be worth it for a dinged up pair, but if you have a pristine/rare finish/otherwise holds high value to you pair of Cornwalls, there is no better device to get them there safely and reliably. You can do "station to station" with Forward Air for about $300 or so (two legs) depending on distance.

It HAS taken a shot from a forklift already - with my 1968 vertical Cornwalls inside. The speakers arrived as they were sent. No damage to the speaker - and little damage to the crate. Mostly cosmetic (small crease near one corner) - speakers still fit inside and are protected as they should be.

This is less feasible with the increased costs of shipping in recent years, but is still ideal when highly valued Cornwalls are involved - or in cases where they were obtained cheap enough that the added expense of the crate shipping makes it still worth it.

And assuming that the Cornwall III is the same size as the earlier risered versions (ARE THEY????), this would ABSOLUTELY be worth it....something else to consider if any forum member is dealing with moving those.

Hey ho!, Yes the cornwall vault is the best way yet to ship your prized cornwalls. I've used it 3 times now, and Forward Air is the cheapest shipping service to use.

A few months ago, shipping cost from the West Coast to Tulsa, OK was nearly $200. Not cheap, but at least you'll know they arrived safe and sound.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Neil,

I just purchased two CW-BR bins from Jay at Klipsch. Not exactly beaters, but have been modified to take the tweeters CWII style and have some chips and ding.

I have $100 in the pair. Thought maybe interested forum members might use them to make custom vertical's for HT setups. But if you want them they are yours for my cost.

Michael

Michael,

I've seen pictures of those on the Forum. That's a more than fair price. I'm interested, but not enough (no time) at this point for you to alter any plans you might have for them. I'd be more interested in La Scala or Khorn (including Speakerlab) bass bins.

If my situation changes I'll contact you to see if they're still available but don't hold them for me.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

The <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Cornwall vault is still collecting dust and waiting to protect pristine, or nearly pristine, Cornwalls while being shipped. If you think you could use it, contact me for more information regarding Forward Air. Ill put you in touch with Gilbert and others for the full story. Im merely the storage custodian.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Please recall that I remain interested in beater Las Scala cabinets and/or Khorns (or Speakerlab) bass bins only.

I was reminded to bump this thread because today I'll deliver a pair of Heresy speakers to Madison Heights, MI so that forum member "profsg" can transport them to West Lafayette, IN so that Michael Colter can then collect him.

Ill load the Heresies, a hand-truck and some furniture pads in a van to meet profsg at the sellers house where hes collecting his new to him Khorns. Profsg is going over and above the usual forum member helping forum member, as he was second in line for the Heresies.

• 1 month later...

Neil,

I just purchased two CW-BR bins from Jay at Klipsch. Not exactly beaters, but have been modified to take the tweeters CWII style and have some chips and ding.

I have $100 in the pair. Thought maybe interested forum members might use them to make custom vertical's for HT setups. But if you want them they are yours for my cost.

Michael

Colt,

$100?