Buying used Heresey

vondy

I've been looking around for some used Heresys - ebay, craigslist, etc. - and would like to get any advice on what to look for when buying a pre-owned Klipsch. Besides the obvious of course.

I appreciate any help. Thanks!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's it...condition and age...you can upgrade crossovers from inexpensive to incredible and everywhere in between...if they sound good you are most the way there...look 'em over...Heresys open from the back and Heresy IIs go in from the front...excellent speaker (in my opinion) Enjoy and good luck.

Bill

If you can manage a local pick up, this is the way to go. Very few Ebay types have the original carton for shipping and VERY FEW know how to pack well enough to manage something as heavy and with vulnerable corners as the Heresy.

It needs to be packed well enough to be protected in a five foot drop and this will occur five or six times during shipping.

It needs to be packed well enough to be protected in a five foot drop and this will occur five or six times during shipping.

...and that's just at the local warehouse. Picture the beginning scene of Ace Ventura(Pet Detective) at the final destination.

Thanks for everyones help. I realized I spelled Heresy wrong, sorry.

So is there an age limit on these speakers? I see people buying vintage ones. If they are treated well do the parts themselves last 10, 20, 30 years?

Thanks!

Black's what I've been looking for. This guy has the oringial boxes so hopefully shipping will be easier. A pair from 1986 just sold for $355. I think $400 would be a good price for the black ones. My brother got some brand new in 96 for $800. So half price sounds like a good deal.

Thanks Y'all!

Black's what I've been looking for. This guy has the oringial boxes so hopefully shipping will be easier. A pair from 1986 just sold for $355. I think $400 would be a good price for the black ones. My brother got some brand new in 96 for $800. So half price sounds like a good deal.

Thanks Y'all!

I just bought new H2's in March 06 for $800. I think right now $400. is a generous offer, prices are down, for what ever reason........................don't be in a rush, they are plenty out there.......................

New for $800? I just called 3 dealers yesterday and the H2's were listed for $625 each. One dealer had them for $525 each. $400 a pair seemed like a pretty good deal.

Guess I really did get a good deal, traveled 3 hours one way to get them, Mahogany finish, worth the trip, have the invoice to prove it...............................take your time............

There has been a set listed in the paper for several months off and on. Listed at $525 I went and looked at them and offered $200 they are beat up bad and one of them has a different grill and badge. Too bad as they are seq numbers, with one of them having the pie slice logo on the grill. The # has a 882 prefix so dont waste your time going to look at them unless you can get the price down by 50% of the asking price. Bill

yes you did and a very cool wood finish (and somewhat rarer than the MUCH more common Walnut or Oak) in my opinion...

Bill

Funny part is I never looked at them until I got them home, because for that price the wood didn't matter,and the boxes were sealed, was I surprised,really like Mahogany, now if I could find a pair of Mahogany...................................