O/T Yippee!!!!

dtel's wife

• Moderators

Dtel will be surprised when he reads this. [:-*] I haven't told him the news yet.

An update on those Cornwall III's we won at the Pilgramage in Hope...

Ms. Donna at the Hope facility just confirmed the new Cornwall's should be ready some time next week. I will have a definitive time on Monday.

The good things in life are worth waiting for....[ip]

• Moderators

Ok i found it, I had been outside all day and when i came in to cool off i found this thread. She told everybody in the house and left this thread for me to find.

I was told july or aug and when we went into aug I started to get excited thinking i'm half way there. Now may only be a week or two. Very excited[:)]

I hope I don't get all my news this way ![:$]

• Moderators

It would not surprise me.

Thank god I'm past the father part, I could not handle that again.

3 girls not even a year apart.

I am a grandfather, with 4 of them little suckers The last only about 4 weeks old and the oldest is 6. And the 6 year old is the only boy in the family since me, and the only one that lives with us.

Being a grandparent is much more fun than a parent , really.

I'm really excited for the both of you. It was so flattering to win and receive those Heresy IIIs last year. Klipsch is so very generous! About a week after Klipsch shipped mine, I got a call from a trucking company that the speakers were in the freight office ready to be delivered. All I had to do was name the day and a semi truck would drop them off. I didn't want to wait another day, so I drove to the freight office myself that day and picked them up there! Congratulations again, you guys! I have the drawing and your winning the speakers all captured on the video I shot that night (Daddy Dee's, too). It'll make the final cut. We'll be showing a preliminary screening of the video the day of my BBQ (August 26th). Too bad you can't be here to see it and join the party. Let us know when they arrive! -Glenn

• Moderators

This quote is taken directly from the mail Ms. Donna sent.

" Weve been following your speakers faithfully and right now it looks like some time next week. "

I received this email yesterday.

Picky I couldn't agree more, Klipsch is the most generous company I have ever done business with. It is the employees of Klipsch that make this company so great.

We will be driving to Hope to retrieve the new "family members". We may have to delay the trip a few days depending on our business. It is difficult to landscape in the rain and we were bombarded with much needed rain for almost a week straight.

Most of our current pending landscape contracts involve installation of irrigation systems. Under state law we can not trench lines for the pipes without having the utilities "marked". This "marking" required a forty eight hour notice prior to Katrina. Last month, the Louisiana State Legislature passed a new law requiring ninety six hours notice prior to trenching and that doesn't include rain days. So, in short if we trench before the "lines are marked" we are subject to a $25,000.00 fine plus repair of the broken utility. Not to mention the possibility of electrocution or gas explosions!!! Anyway, we have to "catch up" a little bit before we leave to pick the new "babies" up. Hopefully the trip will only be delayed a couple of days.

Picky I wish we could be there with you and your wife and the other forum members. I am sure it will be an event to remember. Please get lots of film for us.

I want to personally thank you for the time and effort you expended documenting our "adventures" in Hope. I can't wait to see the final results of your work. Your wife was so gracious to allow you to do this for all of us, please tell her how much we appreciate it.

Also, tell her "that is some good sh**". The K-horns that is.

You and your wife, as well as some of the "seasoned Pilgrims" made Hope such a memorable and enjoyable trip. I will say it again, winning the speakers was great, but the fun and fellowship with all of you was the most special part of the trip. It goes without saying Hope couldn't have been as special as it was without Klipsch and the employees of Klipsch.

Many heartfelt thanks to all of you.

Don't worry we will have lots of photos of our trip back to Hope.

Thanks for your kind words. Verna and I both enjoyed meeting you and spending time with you, too. You ar right; the friendships are what really makes the trips worthwile. I will tell her about the "good sh**". She remembers that! Thanks. -Glenn

It would not surprise me.

Thank god I'm past the father part, I could not handle that again.

3 girls not even a year apart.

I am a grandfather, with 4 of them little suckers The last only about 4 weeks old and the oldest is 6. And the 6 year old is the only boy in the family since me, and the only one that lives with us.

Being a grandparent is much more fun than a parent , really.

.............Being a grandparent is much more fun than a parent , really............

Brother, You got that right!

No braces, no parent-teacher conferences, no under age car insurance, no bail bond,.....[:D]

Terry