Why klipsch?

"Cause everything else is a sissy imitation.

Seriously, the slam, dynamics, live feeling =Klipsch

Is it live or is it memorex? No its Klipsch!

Maybe i've just always liked the front row."

I agree that it has to do with enjoying the dynamics and "live feeling" that Klipsch speakers bring.

I would not say everything else is a sissy imitation though. I also own (and love) vintage Altecs. So, my question might be, "Why (quality) horns?"

Carl.

Well, at first, when I got into Klipsch, it was because powerful solid-state amps were so expensive and the big ole horns were so efficient and cheap, the Cornwalls came with 15 woofers which came them a good upper-bass bounce<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Then I learned to love their extremely low distortion like their efficiency, much better than the average cone speaker, makes their sound so clean

Also their wide sound stage and excellent imaging

Now, I love their dynamics; the ability to effortlessly reproduce the fast attacks and energy of music

Nothing I have heard, except the super expensive systems, so easily recreates the 3D sonic holograph of a singer, acoustic and percussive instruments inside my living room!

THEY SOUND REAL

[:D]

I would not say everything else is a sissy imitation though. I also own (and love) vintage Altecs.

I agree Carl. I was basically joking with that initial comment. There are some other nice horn speakers out there but pretty much out of my price reach.

Klipsch is another "best bang for the buck" IMHO.

Randy

Klipsch (especially the Heritage) remind me of an old Listerine advertisement:

"It says what it does and it does what it says."

It is RARE, especially today, that you can buy a product that not only is sufficient to do a good job, but it FAR EXCEEDS the required capabilities to do that job. It does it for years and years without much preening or maintenance, and does it for a cost that is much less than otherwise similar competitors (like the old Altec or JBL). You might find better, but it will cost greatly. Almost anyone reading this page - even the working class types - can save up and afford a pair of used Heritage and have speakers for LIFE. And new, they are STILL very much worth it.

My quad of Heritage pairs, all at least 30 years old, say it all. It's one of the few times I've ever bought something and didn't wish I had something better. I HAVE something better. Even on a "workingmans budget", your invested $$$ will be returned in spades. It's nice to not even WANT an upgrade. And that's when I know I have made a good choice.

I knew it 25 years ago, and I sure know it now - that Heritage Klipsch are the speakers I have always wanted to own. At least one goal in life has been achieved[:D]

Oh, and as to "Why Klipsch"?

Woodwinds and the human voice. Nothing does 'em better.

Your so right about the Human Voice, an instrument in it's own right, do sound so natural, especially the 3 way speakers...........................Horns also come to life.........."Why Klipsch"?..............I don't know, Why Not?..............

simple...BAD ***...show me a speaker that produces live recordings better, and the horns...oh the horns, strings, vocals, defintely percussion...etc, all in 1 package....

I've owned Klipsch Heritage for 16 yrs and there is no finer, oh yes...[;)]

PS. Tom Cochrane with Red Rider....and The Edmonton Symphony Orchestra....LIVE...track 10 proves my point...Boy inside the Man..

oh yes....[;)]

I brought the lowest model range Promedia Ultra and liked it so much I brought the ifi and a few months later craved the flagship reference model.

Also I prefer real or atleast simulated wood grain (lower model) then the trendy silver paint they use soo much now.

So for all you klipsch lovers, and I am one of them, however I no longer own any klipsch but plan to again one day soon. Why klipsch, why do you like the brand, the sonics, everything. Thought this would be an intresting topic that has been on my mind for a little while now.

James

I'm in about the same boat. Sold my Klipsch a while ago in search of sweeter midrange. Turns out I probably would have been better off keeping klipsch and adding SET.

I may be slow but I think I'm starting to understand. Klipsch makes systems simple. Klipsch will reflect what you feed them. You want boom, add some high power SS. You want midrange bloom, lower your power. I don't regret it yet but, I didn't have to trade speakers for better midrange a different amp probably would have made me just as happy.

So for all you klipsch lovers, and I am one of them, however I no longer own any klipsch but plan to again one day soon. Why klipsch, why do you like the brand, the sonics, everything. Thought this would be an intresting topic that has been on my mind for a little while now.

James

I'm in about the same boat. Sold my Klipsch a while ago in search of sweeter midrange. Turns out I probably would have been better off keeping klipsch and adding SET.

I may be slow but I think I'm starting to understand. Klipsch makes systems simple. Klipsch will reflect what you feed them. You want boom, add some high power SS. You want midrange bloom, lower your power. I don't regret it yet but, I didn't have to trade speakers for better midrange a different amp probably would have made me just as happy.

Either SET - or tube Mac for the sweetest midrange. 300B is nice too. So is a Marantz 8B.

And yes, you DO understand. You can make Klipsch "Any Colour You Like". Want rock 'em, sock 'em HT type impact? Go SS. Want bloom? Go tubes. And then many differing flavors amongst those to choose from - they are as individual as your rig combo (and components within) are.

NEVER SELL YOUR (especially Heritage) KLIPSCH (unless it's for big Altec and/or JBL, of course).