OT: Michelin's revolutionary airless tires

Daddy Dee

Great news, my father could have used that a month ago when he parked and found his tire flat upon arrival with 2 inches of rain pouring that night........ He had to change it in the rain with no raingear or umbrella. Also the car was on 2 inches of rain......

I guess a set of those for Christmas would be nice I think?

How's that different from their current line?? (I have a set of Pilot MXM4 and can't stand them.....came stock with the car).

Excellent point. My inner ear condition is aggravated beyond tolerability by noisy tires, and one tire dealer won't do business with me any more because I have to have the tires put on before I can decide to keep them. Since my condition is pathological, no one with normal hearing can decide for me what is "quiet."

I've learned that the lowest-speed rated tires I can stand or they'll sell me are the quietist for me. That means an "H" rating, or "S" if I can get away with it -- "V" rated tires are beyond tolerability in my particular case.

lc

Try Yamaha or I have the Pirelli P Zero Nero and they tend to be quiet

They are nice but I need something just a tad harder than Silly Putty.[;)]

wow did i type yamaha!!! hahaha i meant yokohama.

Also the Pirelli P Zero Nero are all season and do reasonably well in light snow..... They are not winter tires but it grips fine when the temperature goes down. But they are alot quiter to my stock Bridgestone 039 I believe.....

P Zero Nero was meant for the sporty sedan and gives good wet/dry and winter temperatures. It is not like the other P Zero which are meant for ferrari's and lamborghinis

The only tire I'll spend my money on have the name Michelin on them. For me, they're hard to beat. Try the Hydroedge Tom. They should work well on that TL, was it? Free 30 day trial period, 90,000 mile warranty. Check out the Michelin site.

Keith