Concert DVD's .....I wish

oldbuckster

Well, this forum seems alittle quiet to me,So let me throw this out: Alot of Concert DVD talk here.......Here's one for everyone...........Go through your Vinyl or CD's, look at your LIVE one's............Which 3 would you like to see releashed on DVD.....something that is not at this time available; Here's mine;

ROCK OF AGES; the BAND...........If that show would come out on DVD, I would go to my grave a HAPPY man..................this is my number one choice......what I would give to see that New Years Eve show.................

GET YOUR YA-YA's OUT ; the Rollings Stones at Madison Square Garden with Mick Taylor, his first tour with the band............"Sympathy for the Devil" Keith and Mick with in your face Guitar Solo's..........this is what dual leads is all about......1969.........

LIVE AT THE FILLIMORE EAST; the Allman Brothers Band......You know deep down there is footage of this show............Oh to see Duane and Dickey swapping off leads would be heaven............Greg's voice young, full of power........twin drummer's.......

Those are my choices, although I could list a bunch more, I be happy with these, Now it's your turn.............Name your poison................Doesn't have to be ROCK..........alot of Jazz is live.............Bluegrass has alot of live...........Reggae has live, too..........

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree with the Allman Brothers choice! Have never heard the other 2 concerts so can't comment.

I would love to see REO Speedwagon's "You Get What You Play For" from 1976. This is a great double live album and showcased some real nice guitar from Gary Rickrath. I saw them on this tour and they are an excellent band live. Bear in mind this came out before they started spewing out top 10 hits.

Bob Seger's "Live Bullet" from 1975 in Detroit is another one of my favorites. This too came out before Bob got popular with the masses.

Mike

Agree with the Allman Brothers choice! Have never heard the other 2 concerts so can't comment.

I would love to see REO Speedwagon's "You Get What You Play For" from 1976. This is a great double live album and showcased some real nice guitar from Gary Rickrath. I saw them on this tour and they are an excellent band live. Bear in mind this came out before they started spewing out top 10 hits.

Bob Seger's "Live Bullet" from 1975 in Detroit is another one of my favorites. This too came out before Bob got popular with the masses.

Mike

Both REO and Bob Seger were much better before they had their big albums............Always loved the original Silver Bullet Band with Drew Abbet on Guitar

157 Hillside Avenue......isn't that REO?

GET YOUR YA-YA's OUT ; the Rollings Stones at Madison Square Garden with Mick Taylor, his first tour with the band............"Sympathy for the Devil" Keith and Mick with in your face Guitar Solo's..........this is what dual leads is all about......1969.........

LIVE AT THE FILLIMORE EAST; the Allman Brothers Band......You know deep down there is footage of this show............Oh to see Duane and Dickey swapping off leads would be heaven............Greg's voice young, full of power........twin drummer's.......

Those are my choices, although I could list a bunch more, I be happy with these, Now it's your turn.............Name your poison................Doesn't have to be ROCK..........alot of Jazz is live.............Bluegrass has alot of live...........Reggae has live, too..........

Get Your Ya-Ya's Out has long been one of my favorite Stones recordings. If they could somehow get this on DVD I would be in heaven!!!!! Live at the Fillmore East is right up there as well. Great Choices!!!!!!

[:D]

Get Your Ya-Ya's Out has long been one of my favorite Stones recordings. If they could somehow get this on DVD I would be in heaven!!!!! Live at the Fillmore East is right up there as well. Great Choices!!!!!!

Well oldbuckster and texxas guy, consider this your stairway!

http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=MVD019302

Posted Image

DVD Description

blank.gifReturning to the American concert scene after a three-year layoff, the Rolling Stones recorded their superlative live triumphant two-date stand at Madison Square Garden in late November 1969. This program offers a critical review of the band's landmark opus through rare archival material, previously unreleased concert clips, and interviews with rock critics, journalists, and musicologists.

YOU'RE WELCOME

Thin Lizzy , Live and Dangerous

IMO one of the best live rock recordings ever !

Hey Wuzzer , can you find this one for me ?

Sure can! [H]

http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi?PAGE=PRODUCT&PROD_ID=1911482&cid=64699&fp=F

Posted Image

Rock Milestones - Thin Lizzy: Live and Dangerous (DVD)

List Price:

$19.98

Today's Price:

$14.70

You Save:

$5.28 (26%)

Catalog #:

var osPrice = 14.7;

Two concerts I would love to have...

Stevie Nicks' Bella Donna Tour - Only saw this on Laser Disc a bunch of years ago (mid-80's) but would definitely get it if it were DVD.

Grover Washignton Jr.'s - Of the 2 or 3 DVD's of him I have, on one of them he did a song he then called" Number 5" or "On the Dark Side". On the DVD he played it at the perfect tempo. On the album he trashed it by playing it toooooo fast. The sound on the DVD is garbage while the CD is a slight bit better.

Good thread Oldb,I like the ones mentioned so far,Bob and REO would be sweet.I'd like to throw in The Guess Who-Live at the Paramount,Rory Gallagher Live in Europe('72),The Outlaws-Bring it Back Alive,The Greg Allman Tour,Aerosmith- Live Bootleg,I could think of many.

Thanks Wuzzer

It's on the way !

Let us know what the disc is.....................I think they are like "Behind the Music" on VH-1, and not the Full Concert...............Please post your findings.............Very Curious now, just too cheap to buy, unless it's what I am looking for...............

Now I can sneak in a couple more.........

Delbert Mc Clinton Live.......2003......What I wouldn't give to see this beauty on DVD, I should be so lucky..........."Sometimes all it takes is a Leap of Faith".....Delbert.......

Mountain........the Road goes on Forever...........Leslie West and Felix Pappalardi......300 pound Leslie West playing as only Leslie can...............not the greatest guitarist, but NO ONE sounds like him.........it's all tone and sound........"Long Red" flowing through my mind................Turn it UP............

One More and I'll go.........

Full House........J. Giels Band............Mr. Magic Dick on the lickin' stick.........This is really too much to ask.............the Boston Bad Boys........Boston's best......great live shows...a great live performance by a young band on the move.........kinda miss Peter Wolf......

I do have a couple of Heep dvds,The Magicians Birthday Party and something else,decent sound.I also have a BOC from 76 and it's a killer show(much like "On Your Feet or On Your Knees").The BOC sound quality of 76 sucks,the new BOC "Long Days Night" sounds really good and they do lots of the old tunes.