What do H2's typically sell for

• Moderators

There are a pair of H's on Ebay that are located in San Antonio, just an hour away from me. Seller claims they are mint, "new in box" possible never used before.

Here is the listing http://cgi.ebay.com/klipsch-heresy-2-speakers-new-in-box_W0QQitemZ110026829329QQihZ001QQcategoryZ61378QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Question is what have these been going for recently?

Travis

Boy, that is a tough call, no serial numbers to help, I think the average this summer has been $300. to $400 a pair, not knowing any history on these makes it tough to figure. When I was looking last fall I saw used go for $650. a pair, alittle on the high side, so somewhere around $500. would be fair, newer might bring more a tad more. I know I won't pay more than $600. for any pair used,but that's just me..........

Take a closer look. That pair is anything but new in the box - notice the scratches and sloppy stain job.

I noticed them when he posted them last night and also noticed the auction had some of the components of the scam auctions - High Bidder User ID kept private, US Postal Service Priority Mail $5.70 to Illinois, Money order/Cashiers check only Payment methods accepted, claims in original box with papers and manual but not pictured, abnormal negative feedback in last 7 days, etc.

Maybe legit and just poorly posted auction, but Proceed With Caution. Since you live so close, a telephone conversation and personal visit may tell a lot before you commit.

Lies! All Lies!

Sloppy stain job, scratches on the speakers, woofer dust caps don't even match. This idiot is so full of sh!t I can smell it from VT. A brief review of his feedback should tell you everything you need to know. Avoid like the plague!

These are the kind of people I detest, he should have his nads removed so he cannot contaminate the rest of humanity!

If it's nearby, I'd maybe go give them a listen, open backs to make

sure Klipsch components. Then offer the clown $250 cash. Take it or

leave it.

Smells fishy. I'd only do this one in person.

But the sloppy stain job 'I dont' believe ever been used', etc do smell of scam. The others have steered you right.

OldBuck is right on with the price spread. I've paid $300 for beaters

to $400 for the nicely reveered ones, all original H's though, no 2's.

Maybe $600 for nicer H2's imho.

M

• Moderators

If it's nearby, I'd maybe go give them a listen, open backs to make sure Klipsch components. Then offer the clown $250 cash. Take it or leave it.

Smells fishy. I'd only do this one in person.

But the sloppy stain job 'I dont' believe ever been used', etc do smell of scam. The others have steered you right.

OldBuck is right on with the price spread. I've paid $300 for beaters to $400 for the nicely reveered ones, all original H's though, no 2's.

Maybe $600 for nicer H2's imho.

M

Thanks guys, I appreciate the info. They are in San Antonio, no money would change hands unless in person, and I would bring Luther along as well.

Old Buckster, I did not see the cornwalls you were referring to, where they on ebay as well?

Travis

Travis,

Yep, doing the deal in person would be the only way. You are already tracking right on that. The seller's feedback is pretty spotty.

one bit of ironic humor in the listing: I only accept postal money orders or personal checks (there will be a 7 day wait on a personal check). All sales are final unless item was grossly misrepresented.

How funny is that? Presenting these heresy's as never used, with unmatched dustcaps sitting right there, is well, gross.

• Moderators

Who is Luther, pipe-hitting brute of a friend?

Luther is a maniac, yes he is a pipe-hitting dude who always carrys a blow tourch with him where ever he goes, "just in case." (Who else saw Pulp Fiction?). Actually, he is Wardsweb on here, knows a lot about everything audio, rack set up and woodworking. He lives in San Antonio, so he knows the area. He set up and runs the audiokrama website/forum, and all around great guy. He is acutally smaller them me but he has secret Ninja powers so I try to take him along on every back alley deal I get myself involved in. [:D] If they were in Indy I would bring you along Michael, but sinice they are in Luther's hood you got da bring da man.

Travis

• Moderators

Travis,

Yep, doing the deal in person would be the only way. You are already tracking right on that. The seller's feedback is pretty spotty.

one bit of ironic humor in the listing: I only accept postal money orders or personal checks (there will be a 7 day wait on a personal check). All sales are final unless item was grossly misrepresented.

How funny is that? Presenting these heresy's as never used, with unmatched dustcaps sitting right there, is well, gross.

DaddyDee,

I wonder if this thing goes through, and I am not going to bid too much on these things, you think there is going to be a 7 day wait on cash? I am kind of hoping everyone who sees this ad is thinking the same thing that was posted on here and there will not be much bidding. As long at they are not banged up it will be fine with me. Luther does not know if yet, if I end up getting them I am going to have him help me venner them at the same time he does his DIY speakers down in San Antonio.

Travis

• Moderators

I'm out, I don't really see bidding more then 250 for these. Too many problems too many warning signs. Thought it might be a good project, but if they go for over $300 I think I would be better off just getting something without all of the hassle, and potential problem seller.

Travis

COUNSELOR OF INEBRIATED OPERATION OF MOTORED AND WHEELED DEVICES: AKA DWI LAWTER.

THIS IS THE SAME EXACT DUDE THAT I BOUGHT MY SONS HERESY'S FROM LAST MONTH!!!!

I GOT THEM FOR MID 500'S IT SEEMED. WE WERE CAUGHT UP IN THE RUSH OF THE BUY ON EBAY.

INTERESTING THAT HE HAS SOME MORE H2'S FOR SALE SO SOON, THEY DON'T LOOK EXACTLY LIKE THE ONES WE GOT.

NOW, WE DID SEND HIM THE MONEY: YES, I KNOW, VERY RISKY...[;)]

HE DID SEND THE SPEAKERS, THEY ARE IN GREAT SHAPE, SOUND WONDERFUL, ETC.[:D]

BUT, THE ONLY GRIPE THAT I HAVE IS THAT HE WAS HIDEOUSLY SLOW ON THE SHIPPING, TOOK HIM ABOUT 1.5 MONTHS!!!!!! UNCOOL.....[N]

BUT, HE WAS WILLING TO HAVE ME COME DOWN TO PICK THEM UP, I JUST DID NOT HAVE THE TIME OR THE CALL COVERAGE TO DRIVE DOWN THERE.

IF YOU WERE ABLE TO GO GET THEM, AND PAY UPON RECIEPT OF THE SPEAKERS, I THINK YOU WOULD BE OK.

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU DO...

PAUL[:)]

• Moderators

I saw that too, said it was cancelled due to misinformation in ad. Wierd, very wierd. Yet MeLovesKhorns, who is a couple hours north of me bought H's from this same guy and was pleased except for the shipping. Maybe they will pop back up again, if so I will pass anyway.

Travis