Lovely owner of Klipschorn

lech

I am a Swede and have bought my dream loudspeakars They are second hand but in a very good shape. They are built 1992/93 as told.

I am very interested in history ,tweeks and other things to make this as my finaly horn's I drive them thrue JJ-electronics 322 - 300B triod amplifier.

Thankful for all recommendations

BR

Lech

Lech,

Welcome to the forum.

I'd suggest just to do some listening and enjoying your new speakers before doing anything to tweak or mod them.

There are some things you might want to do. I'd also suggest to spend some time browsing the forum to see what folks have been doing.

Welcome Lech.

Those Ks are probably performing to Klipsch spec for now, since they are not that old.

But for most around here the first upgrade is ususally to modify the networks with some better capacitors. Those are what usually degrades first reducing tweeter output. Some prefer to rebuild to Klipsch spec, and others go with upgraded parts like metalized film or film and foil caps.

There are a few key individuals on this forum speciallizing with these mods. You can read for yourself here.

Others eventually replace drivers and horns to improve and deviate from the stock Klipsch sound. Information on those mods can also be found here.

Enjoy.

As I wrote I am a Swede 55 years old and I am writing in Swenglich,sorry for that hope you understand any how.

Hifi /High End has been my hobby , as long I can remember. I have went trough Mark Levinson ,Krell, Mcintoch + many other solid state amplifiers.

I do not want to start a war about what best ,but the the best for me personally has been Low powered Singel Ended Triods. ( Therfore Klipschorns as a consequens).

I am aware of the different sound culture in US compare to EU.

My personally favorite is SHINDO with Western Electric 300B, but unfuorntly the most expencive amplifier in the world . 43 are built, 8 are still available to bay. In my opinion this in combination with klipschorn will be the end of NIRVANA ( todays knowledge ). But what are you doing when No1 is not feasable => search for No 2. Thats what I did.

After the wall falls in Central Europe the Tjechozlovacia theTube manufacturer TESLA was bought by private intresents and started the company JJ-Electronics to produce valves/tubes but with a more western approch. Their core business is valves, but they have two employes for hand building amplifiers with 300B and 2A3 High End.

The Award for Design and Engeenering Swowcase was given them 2000/4

This amplifiers are borned for Klipchorn:s and so far away from others they ever can be ( in my tasthe.)

I am now so happy that i have both Klipchorns and JJ-332 so this will be my retire in upgrading of brand marks.

BR

Lech

Lech, welcome to the forum as well. I can see you're a man of great taste and wisdom [;)]

Your Swenglish is TONS better than my Swedish ...

I too have Klipschorns and tried a number of different amps (PP, SET) by different makers and it wasn't until I heard really good SET did I really find satisfaction.

http://users.adelphia.net/~chris.robinson3/photo_amplification.htm

These were made by Jeff Lessard of Quebec, who also lurks on this board as Painful Reality. He made both the amps and pre- and I have also lost my need to upgrade.

I am using AVVT 2A3 (meshplates) and couldn't be happier.

Include a photo or two when you have time. We'd love to see them. I also think you're our first Swedish member (native) so if you have friends who love Klipsch too, have them sign up on the board.

A lot of nice folks here.

Chris

Thanks. For your velcome words to me. I will try to live up to your expectations.

As I sad in in my topic THERE ARE DIFFERNCIES in i the US and EU / FARE EAST expectations of HIFI/HI-END.

I will NOT judge ,only give my personally opinion. And it's only valid for that.

We have the best platform in the world : Klipschorn as the base in my opinion.

This can be a fine conversation.

BR

LECH

It took my longer time Michael .As I said I am a TRIOD freak and even werser.. what that now is...

SET no feedback at all. Therefor the Klipchhorn fit in perfect in the system. Power between 2==>20 W Class A

Never ever heard this dynamic ,transparent ,clear .....

I guess I am alone in Sweden. ( may be in the World ????????)

BR

Lech

Lech,

They really must sound wonderful. I drive a pair of LaScalas with a pair of Welborne Labs 2A3 Moondogs. I find them very satisfying. Klipschhorns just wouldn't fit into my environment.

I have a pair of Hersy II speakers in my bedroom setup.

Welcome.

Bruce

Well, we've got MaxG over there in Greece and there's a dealer in

Germany who is a rabid Klipsch fan although he doesn't post here. And

Timmikid from Belgium I believe (I hope I got it right this time).

So there are a few of us in Europe. You guys should get together sometime!

And yes it is madness, see that avatar photo? Those are all mine!

Although there are some Reference and Klipschorns not in the photo!

Mad, yes.

Michael

I will try to live up to your expectations.

BR

LECH

As you well know, the only expectation that is important is YOUR opinion. You know what you like and I think your opinion is expert in its own right. I happen to agree with it too [:D]

As others have said above, just enjoy the music and tweak later. Your gear is in a league of its own. Enjoy your favorite music -- and I hope the recordings are up it. The Klipschorn is terribly revealing of compressed recordings and shortcuts in the amp chain (you need not worry there).

If you're ever in the USA, you'll have a great network of Klipsch friends to visit!

Chris