In Retrospect: Summing-Up the 2006 Klipsch Hope Pilgrimage

picky

I gotta admit almost getting a bit teary watching you tweak the system, playing all kinds of tunes, ringing it out, adjusting the lighting cans. Made me proud to know ya.

Just remember who taught ya about COMPRESSORS- soundman's best friend, right?

Naw, I'd share duties with ya. Actually I make a monster stage manager. [bellows in best English 'Peter Grant' accent] -

GET THOSE BLOODY DRUMS

OFF MY STAGE!

I have to agree with Dr. Who: That PA that Trey put together was one of the best-sounding rigs I have heard to date, and it was simple, too. Also, Dr. Who is a natural behind the board. Considering his age, he is already years ahead of many veteran soundmen (excluding Michael, of course). [;)] I watched Dr. Who EQ everything down on Friday night and he has a golden ear. Each time he chose a setting to stick with, I thought to myself, "That's it right there!" and he chose the same. Right on!

fini: Sorry, man. You have nothing to worry about: I don't recall any footage of you in the movie.

Just remember who taught ya about COMPRESSORS- soundman's best friend, right?

Darn right!

Btw, thanks for lending your processing rack...it really came in handy.

I fricken love those Symmetrix compressors - we had a rack full of them

in the tape mastering studio I used to work in. They've got this open

warm sound that most compressors don't have. [H]

Just thought I'd share a couple of photos I took of my editing setup while editing the "Worthless Dave" portion of the concert for the pilgrimage movie. Notice the center channel and control box (beneath the screens) for the Klipsch Promedia 5.1 Ultra system I use.

post-10177-13819311102046_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

I have to say something here, I have been to many many concerts in my life and I have never heard that kind of sound at any show !

From stadiums to small parties with just 30 people.

Actually I just woke up 20 min ago, went to the French Quarter last night, got home when the sun was coming up.

Probably heard at least 10 systems , from country to metal to jazz, mostly rock.

Any band would be better off with a setup like Trey setup in Hope. Nothing came close to the quality of the sound in Hope. Being outside may have helped but I could hear every word and note being played.

When they first started testing before the bands came on I was standing out the other side of the tent and past the house over 125' away and it sounded like Trey was talking right in front of me, that clear, and realistic sounding.

Of course DrWho had a lot to do with that sound , good job Doc. I have no idea what you were doing up there but you did good

We had to see what the heck we were doing....any light would do. It worked out well.

DR. Who did a fin job. The guy could make a living running sound.

I am 80% that "P7" will be in Indy.

If the number of flolks that come keep going up, moving 130-150 folks around town is tricky.

I have been working on something to do for Sat night. Indy, you know I like to play big...there is no telling who or what I will put together.

Trey,

Do you have an idea by when the date would be set?