Since when did a C7 become a $450 purchase?!

fletcherkane

Another ebay anamoly...

$460 bucks for a C7. That is insane. That's mint academy pricing.

I'd almost think about selling mine if I was sure I could get that much. I watched this whole auction. The speaker originally had a $250 BIN price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=005&item=150029810598&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

That speaker started at 200 with BIN of 400. I watched it from the moment it listed, and was one of the bidders. Once it jumped over 400 I backed out. There was one earlier last week with a dent in a corner and two scratches that went for 380 or so(was right at 450 shipped).

I don't know what the deal is, a few weeks ago, I saw them going for 275 (of course I didn't have the money then)

The market on most all Klipsch is all over the map.One day I could get a c7 for 250,a few days later its 400,a month from now who knows?I sold an rc3 for 250,a few months later I bought a perfect one for 150.It's almost always a newbie paying inflated prices,when they're passified the prices level out.

Has anyone every A-B's the c-7 to the RC-7?

Just courious. I almost did my theater in Ledgends as I really loved the sound. I had KLF-20's but the market on these dried up and it became difficult to purchases. I just went forward witht he Reference linup.

Phil

I haven't but could. I had the RC7 at first with my CW system, then on advice here (and a good bargain) got a KLF-C7 and have been using that since. It doesn't have the ports in the rear, different woofer materials, different horn for sure. SOunds much better with the CW's.

If you guys are really interested I'll bring the RC7 up from the basement (where it's mated to 4x RB5) and give it an A/B

Michael

The market on most all Klipsch is all over the map.One day I could get a c7 for 250,a few days later its 400,a month from now who knows?I sold an rc3 for 250,a few months later I bought a perfect one for 150.It's almost always a newbie paying inflated prices,when they're passified the prices level out.

So true...I went through this time and again on my Academy search.

Fair buy it now posted, yet someone bid the minimum....end of auction it was 2x the bin.

Even when I won one, 2 people contacted the guy after offering more.

It becomes a $450 sale when it's a 7 day listing and people are bidding the first day.I will never understand that, all that they are doing is driving up the price.Or they get so caught up in a bidding war with some one they start to not care about the price, just winning the auction..

"Has anyone every A-B's the c-7 to the RC-7?"

Phil, I have. I used to own both the KLF-C7 and RC-7 and eventually had the DeanG mod done on the RC-7. I listened to them side by side in the same system. To my ears, the KLF-C7 had better bass response (tighter and lower), which is sort of counterintuitive given the porting of the RC-7 and the RC-7's woofers. But, that is what I heard. The RC-7's horn was more detailed and forward to my ears, but you might expect that from the difference in driver materials (with the RC-7 having the same titanium driver as the RF-7).

They are both outstanding centers. I think the price of the KLF-C7s may have risen because it is a Klipsch center that more closely matches the vast majority of older Klipsch speakers. Since it is less forward sounding, you could get away with running it with a number of mains (e.g. Fortes, Corns, etc.) It would not be a perfect match, but better than most. On the other hand, I think Reference centers belong only in a Reference front array. When they are mated up with other non-Reference mains, a Reference center stands out like a sore thumb.

Carl.

P.S. The modded RC-7 still resides in my upstairs system. My KLF-C7 was gone years ago.

"I have a pair of KLF30s for my L and R...would the newer centers stand out? I don't mind waiting for a c7, but I've been looking for 6 weeks now and only seen a couple hit Ebay and they both went for well over 400."

Again, what Fletcherkane said. Be patient. To my ears anyway, the Reference series with its titanium drivers really stood out as being different sounding from the Legend series, which used polymer drivers. In the meantime, if you see other centers coming up such as the KV-2, KV-3, and KSP-C6 that used polymer drivers, those might be viable options to hold you over until you find your prized c7. Of course, none of the last three mentioned will perform like a C7.

Carl.