Two Ants - WAY OT

cluless

This has been driving me totally batshit-or shall we say ANTSHIT all summer.

I have 2 renegade sugar ants that I kill every week that come back.. 2 ants Not 2000

I don't end up with the ant trail, Just the same ants every week. Digitally enhanced photos will prove the that the same ants are the offenders. DNA testing pending

Not a flaming herd...

Not a Flock

Not a Pride.

Not a bevy, a covey, a quorum or a majority. Just a small fleet of eintsy antsy things.

Boric acid, Cluless. Sprinkle it along their suspected entry trail. Just make sure your puddycat doesn't mess with the stuff, and those ants will stop sticking their probiscuces where you don't want them.

For the bigger antzes, hopeless cads do the trick. Bounders, smelly flatuent overweight scientists with no socially redeeming features.

My So.Cal. condo had to have been built on ancient ant tribal lands. You could turn your back for 10 seconds on a sandwich sitting on the counter and it would be walking away when you returned. Not 2 but BILLIONS. To make matters worse I stupidly installed Baltic Brown granite kitchen counters. You couldn't see the ants on the stuff. The buggers afflicted all who lived in the complex. One gal kept her garbage in her freezer. Oh, the trash bin area was seriously overrun. Stand still too long and you'd get attacked like those African ant movies.

I found the way to end their reign. They would enter a dirty dishwasher by the millions and feast on the foodly remains. Of course running the dishwasher did rid them one load at a time but that did not dent this population. I started seeding my dirty dishwasher with antbait traps. I forget which brand. I'd leave the dishwasher sit and replenish the ant traps (yeah they loved em and ate em and would finish off about 2 per day) until the ants went slow. They would all start becoming really, really sluggish and stop moving in their dizzying frantic pace. Then I knew they were done for. Not just the ones in the dishwasher but the whole colony. I would then wash the load (sans traps). Eventually I was ant free and I went through several different breeds (y'no black ones, inky ones, red ones) of ants so one colony would take over after the previous one was eradicated. I was quite smug.[Y]

Dr Bill may be the only that understands.

I am talking 2 ants! Two and olnly 2!. I have tons of ants outside, but never more than 2 inside. I am a horrible housekeeper, and so I should have an entire antopolis.

I've got two cats, and these little ants are really far beneath their notice.

LOL,

Do anteaters and moles get along? I think I went through the reverse eco-system here-I think my front lawn garter snake got ran off by the the mole. Also, I have my doubts on the local statutes dealing with pet anteaters.

I know that blackie and stripe are totally "ig-nor_ant", spiders might get their attention, but these ants are eintsyweintsy, and I don't think the kitties would notice unless they were doing the kitty-nostril-boogie.

Anyhow, I smooshed the latest incarnation of the ants prior to my original post...Pictures will be forthcoming after the next go round