I am the new one here in this nice Klipsch Forum..................

Werner Enge

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timmi sez: "We could hook up for a herring"

Why is this sounding so funny to me?

Michael[:D]

Sounded fishy to me too, Michael. [:)]

I used to keep pickled herring in the fridge at work, since on one else would touch it. It was my evening snack as I edited the film for the 10:00 pm news.

[:D] Ha actually I did mean the fish! And to hook up for a herring I wrote without realising the ehh... "catch". A herring and a heineken, two Dutch specialities. What a herring is in German I don't know. Werner, you are welcome anyway, with or without fish. [:)] Good call, michael! Tim.

Timmi sez: "We could hook up for a herring"

Why is this sounding so funny to me?

Michael[:D]

Hey Michael,

FYI, The Dutch eat herring at sandwich shops like we eat hamburgers (which must have sounded funny the first time a German heard what our delicacy was[;)]). I love going to Holland but unfortunately this American's pallet can't eat raw fish. [:S] BTW, you should witness how the French eat hamburgers. [:o]

RAW fish? in a sandwich? disgusting. lol

Actually it's delicious. The fish is frozen during the journey home and that has some kind of effect like baking or cooking and makes the fish very soft and smooth. As the Dutch say: "Like an angel pissing on your tongue". Great on white bread with fresh chopped onions.

Ok, now I'm curious. Wonder if I could get that in Indiana? We're not so close to the ocean you sea. (little play on words there)

ugh, perhaps not, just found this while Googling 'Herring Sandwich'

Amy arrived in Amsterdam on Thursday and quickly acclimatized to our

ritual of drinking beer and watching football. She went on a

mini-shopping spree on Friday, buying two bags, one lap-top sleeve, two

bottles of scotch, a bottle of cognac, and a flask for me. We also

bought cheese, salami, and bread for dinner. That's my kind of spree. I

demonstrated to Amy how to eat a raw herring sandwich but she wasn't

interested in trying one herself. Mmm, all bony and slimy, little bits

of guts hanging around, accompanied by a great big pickle slice and

onion she doesn't know what she's missing.

We're not so close to the ocean you "sea." LOL

Michael, come on.... we have outstanding sushi, Indian, thai, japaneese, korean, philippines, french, italian, mexican, greek, even UK fish n chips fare as well as american cuisine here. Get off of this forum and try some alternatives sometimes. Man can't live on white castle for ever? Especially before 1-2 am/// hahahahahahaha

I bet you can get a herring sandwich at Shapiros downtown... But then again, they have arguably the best corned beef sandwich on this planet too! mmmmmmmmmm

Ok, now I'm curious. Wonder if I could get that in Indiana? We're not so close to the ocean you sea. (little play on words there)

ugh, perhaps not, just found this while Googling 'Herring Sandwich'

Amy arrived in Amsterdam on Thursday and quickly acclimatized to our ritual of drinking beer and watching football. She went on a mini-shopping spree on Friday, buying two bags, one lap-top sleeve, two bottles of scotch, a bottle of cognac, and a flask for me. We also bought cheese, salami, and bread for dinner. That's my kind of spree. I demonstrated to Amy how to eat a raw herring sandwich but she wasn't interested in trying one herself. Mmm, all bony and slimy, little bits of guts hanging around, accompanied by a great big pickle slice and onion she doesn't know what she's missing.

That's not how it's supposed to be. Herrings can be had in many qualities. To clean a herring is a crafty job and must be done after you order one, immediately before consumption. Definitely not supposed to be slimy, bony. There is a herring competition/test among many places in Holland. If you serve a herring like that in Holland, you will not sell a single other the whole year! Michael, the taste is undescribable, but words like smooth, creamy, fresh and a just a tad salty come to mind (sounds like audiophile language! [:D]). The only way to eat a proper herring is to come to Holland and buy one fresh at a reknowned stand/shop. It's a nice experience. Everybody's welcome!! Tim.

...The only way to eat a proper herring is to come to Holland and buy one fresh at a reknowned stand/shop. It's a nice experience. Everybody's welcome!! Tim.

I hear you Tim. [;)] I have been to Holland numerous times, but I have yet to let one of those bad boys down the old gullet.[:o]

My favorite delicacy to enjoy on the streets of Amsterdam are the Belgium Frites along with that special sauce. My absolute FAVORITE Restaurant is Toscana's Pizzeria, off of Nieuwendijk. It has the best food, and the best looking waitresses with an attitude that I have ever experienced. I am in love with that place and it brings a tear to my eye thinking about it. [A]

{edit: I'm sorry Werner for participating in the highjacking of your thread}

RAW fish? in a sandwich? disgusting. lol

Actually it's delicious. The fish is frozen during the journey home and that has some kind of effect like baking or cooking and makes the fish very soft and smooth. As the Dutch say: "Like an angel pissing on your tongue". Great on white bread with fresh chopped onions.

Hmmm, I'm not sure "Like an Angel pissing on your tongue" makes it any more appitizing. I was in, until then!

The speakers' treble range was tight yet smooth, creamy and fresh, but the lower mids to my taste, I found a tad salty, but I liked it..... Oh and her her bottom end.. mmmm was like an onion, not smelly at all but added to the experience of everything else in balance and solid thumps yet musical to my interaction with her.... but it made me cry when she went away.....

Speakers... can be a she right? If you had to describe selling your system?

Oh yes.... were talking speakers.... I think... [:D]