Just another day in paradise.

sputnik

• Moderators

Great looking part of the country.

Not even close, we have hot summers and less hot winters, hadn't seen snow here in 15 years.

For fall color we have to travel north, pine trees don't change color unless you burn them, also have to drive 10 hours to see a mountain.

Still haven't figured why we live here ?

My long lost brother.......sure looks nice out there......Hey, I don't think I can change plans for Thanksgiving.....wanted to travel out to see you bro. but can't change dinner plans here. Maybe after Christmas and New Years we could meet......Along lost brother, wow, that's great........Gosh I'm beside myself with joy.......and a sheep herder too......is there a greater joy.........Nice Fall beginning here, colors will be off abit, but beautful none the less, we'll make plans for a reunion later..............

Just a hint of change starting here in North Georgia. Foothills of the Smokies. I love it here.

While visiting my mom in Wisc. one October, I stopped to visit friends over by Lacrosse. Beautiful small town with a lake in the middle, sits between three ridges and the Fall color was super. I kept thinking we could move back up here, it's beautiful. Then I remembered the 25-35 below zero parts of the year. Nah...

Nice country Mark

Hey Rick, it's nice to hear from you. It sounds like you're happy with the move to Florida.

I took a Ducati out for a test ride up to the ski area today. No pictures though (both hands on the bars [:o]).

Let's see some pictures of those eastern hardwoods. I meant trees OB [:)].

here's the Ride

R60? Nice. Was the video shot from the sidecar?

Hey sputs, what kinda scooter ya got?

Well, that one's practically a scooter. It's my old high school sweetheart - a '72 Honda cb350 that I drug out and restored about two years ago. I've had it up to 85 mph or so since the rebuild and that's about as far as I'd want to take those 35 year old parts. It's a great bike around town and I've pushed Harleys on twisty roads with it.

I tested out a Ducati 620 Monster this morning and it wasn't even breathing hard at 90. The 620 is the baby Ducati and has a reputation for being underpowered but I loved it. It's only about 40 pounds heavier than my Honda and way lighter and faster than my old Kawasaki Concours. I think I got bit.

A friend had one when I was in high school. It was gold if I'm not mistaken. He got it in '72 and rode the crap out of it, never washed it or turned a tap on it, just put gas in it. Ahhh, the good 'ol days before I could afford a Harley...yes, I rode a Honda too....up untill I got creamed by a big nasty Plymouth Fury III.

Buy the Duke and you'll never regret it. I rode a friends '82 a few times when I lived in Scotland and was very impressed. I can imagine what the new ones are like.