Questions about Klipschorn Anniversary

Dear friends,

im thinking hard about to buy a Klipschorn Anniversary though this will be my financial bankrupt. (after my incredible adventures with the RF 7 on my second equipment)

Has someone of you such and Anniversary horn?

The anniversary has a closed cabinet and i have heard that it is possible to stay it away from the backwalls.

I would like to stay it 30 cm from the backwalls away (sidewalls are no problem i can press ist against).

Reason for not going directly to the backwalls is a channel at the backwall for the watertubes of the heaters.

What is the list price for the Anniversary Horns in other countries and for how much money is it handled in the reality? If these informations are confidential, you can mail me private under:

headbanger777@onlinehome.de

I will handle the informations strict confidential.

In germany the list price is 14.000 Euro and there are not so much rebates possible like im used with other brands and they are limited 200 samples.

My problem is that i have exotic Tannoy Westminster horns in the moment .

PFlive.jpg

and this speaker is nearly unsellable because of his titanic sizes:) (though a very good one - was satisfied 8 years with them!)

They have a 15 inch point source driver and 3 meter folded horns, 99 db efficiency and a closed cabinet incl ST 200 around 1,45 meters high , breadth 1,03 meters and deep around 0,7 meters each!

My anxiety is the following:

Tannoy Westminster incl. ST 200 can handle 18 hertz - 70.000 hertz.

The Klipschorn only can handle 17.000 hertz.

Is the Klipschorn able to produce good highs?

I fear i will miss a lot in the highs because my ears really do hear the Supertweeters very much beginning by 18.000 hertz. Without the Supertweeters i mis the air between the instruments and room informations about the stage.

The Klipsch only goes down to 50 hertz - dont you miss some bass?

I know- technical datas are only glibberish and have not too much to say about the sound- but gives me to think.

Thanx for input friends!

Your Klipsch priest

Werner

Got enough remote controls????? Looks like my place with all the remotes........Is that room where you will use the Khorns......looks kinda small for Khorns.....14,000. Euro is a steep price...........very steep indeed....even for Klipschorns........Ever think about used, and shipping them over?????? 14,000. is alot of money anywhere in the world...........I bet you will like them though.......big time like them.........

No , it´s not a "steep" price .

You have to notice , that this price is including :

Transport cost to Europe ,

German taxes ,

earning a bit money at Klipsch USA , at Klipsch Europe , and at myself .

So , where´s the problem ?

If You compare other speakers in that level , You have to pay much more .

Otherways , on the 7000 per piece You can deal a little with Your dealer.........

greetz .

Got enough remote controls????? Looks like my place with all the remotes........Is that room where you will use the Khorns......looks kinda small for Khorns.....14,000. Euro is a steep price...........very steep indeed....even for Klipschorns........Ever think about used, and shipping them over?????? 14,000. is alot of money anywhere in the world...........I bet you will like them though.......big time like them.........

Hey Buckster,

my room has 30 qm and is only for listening music and looking movies.

Its 6,6 meters long and 4,5 meters breadth.

No furnitures, only the big Hifi Rack and a couch.

And yes - i personally also do think that 14.000 Euro is much too much money for a speaker(independent what speaker) but we are living in crazy times.

In germany most people do not earn more money on hand in 1 year of work - and we are only talking about some wood and some drivers.

You could buy 7 pairs of RF 7 in germany for that price - surely !

Nethertheless im thinking about and want to know your experiences with the Anniversary horn.

Cheers

Werner

Little Bambi (Old Buckster) is going to bash me for this...but...

Don't forget to look into the Jubilee. It was originally designed as the Khorn replacement but found to be SO much better, it warranted a classification of its own.

The Jubilee CAN be brought out from the corners with no concerns. It will step all over a Khorn (having owned both, I can say that)

[:D]

If I'm not mistaken, all Anniversary Khorns were shipped overseas. I don't think one pair was sold or distributed to an US dealer.

As a side note, I just heard garymd's and Larry Clare's Khorns this weekend and they sounded magnificent! One day (when I get my finances back in order) I will own a pair. I say just do it! [:D]

Mike

Don't forget to look into the Jubilee. It was originally designed as the Khorn replacement but found to be SO much better, it warranted a classification of its own.

The Jubilee CAN be brought out from the corners with no concerns. It will step all over a Khorn (having owned both, I can say that)

I WILL NOT BASH THE JUBILEE'S........PROMISE......the owner, that's a different story, the Jubilee's would put you in another whole class......No Kidding......BIG DOG.......You could be the FIRST GERMAN OWNER OF JUBILEE'S..........sitting on top of the world with a BIG SMILE on your face..........ME, I'm just a PUP...............

Hey friends,

if i understand you correct now - it was the first plan , the Anni is only available in Europe.

They produced 200 pairs and limited them.

And now they sell them in USA?

So the limitation will be a fake?????

I do not understand?

In the first moment i understanded that they are sold in USA without limitation but for the European market with limitation 200.

However, thanx for different private mails and offers , i will handle them strictly confidential.

Cheers

Werner

Hello Coytee, i nearly overseen your commend.

From where are you - TN???

You write that you had both horn versions - are you a dealer ? Or did you sold the Jubilee because of another reason?

Its very good to hear from you too, that it was working though not standing in the room corners!

Thanx for information!

Cheers

Werner

Berra bazz.....You would still need the Tannoy super tweeter on the Klipschorns. Ive heard the Tannoy Westminsters side by side with the Khorn. Bass was about the same. I wouldnt pay a dimes worth of difference to go one note more on the bottem end. But the Klipsch Jubilee is a different animal.. With some improvement on the bass end.....BUT its low end extension is not any deeper (another note deeper) In so many words , You would be selling a Rolls Royce (Tannoy) for a Bently (Klipsch) You still would need the super tweeter to satisfy your ears on the top end.....But as you get older that top end will deminish....I will guerentee you that. I,m trying to be honest about all this enthusiasm. Remember we are talking about the free standing away from wall aninersary Khorn and Tannoy Westies.

Werner,

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

No, Im not a dealer of any kind. Im just a lowly Klipsch fan.

I have owned LaScalas since 1979. I WANTED Khorns but they did not fit my lifestyle then (moving around, in college)

I did buy some Khorns a couple years ago and finally got my dream!!

I then found out about the Jubilee. Mike helped me understand some of the pros / cons of a 2 way over a 3 way. This was PWKs last project as I understand it. I wanted to have the new & improved version.

Maron points out that on paper, the Jubilee goes but a toe step below the Khorn. Thats all fine & well. Let me tell you after having both in my living room, the Jubilee bass bin will POUNCE the Khorn note for note. Ive got things shaking in my living room using 5 watts that my Khorn NEVER shook using 75 watts.

My room is about 16 feet (call it 5 meters) by 27 feet (9 meters) but it opens up to a dining room so its only 3 walls.

There is no doubt to me after having them in the same room on the same electronics that the Jubilee is a level above the Khorn. That is exactly why they didnt make it the Klipschorn II but gave it its own designation (because it was SO much better).

As for 200 anniversary Khorns, what Ive come to understand is there were SOME U.S. dealers that were making a big cry about not getting one so Klipsch is reconsidering that.

I dont know that to be true and you shouldnt base any conclusions of that on what I might say. I also understand that the quantity of Anniversary Khorns is the same (theyre not increasing the production)

Yes, Im in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Tennessee, just outside of Knoxville

Even with the back sealed off, you still need the corner. Without the side walls protruding from either side, the horn is incomplete. Pull them out, and you have a horn that gives you -3dB at 100Hz, and it's very much downhill from there. Even with the completed horn, without some boundary reinforcement the LF drops like a rock after 45Hz. I know this because I have my Klipschorns sealed in false corners, can move them around -- and have measured what happens when I start pulling them away from the walls. I can't imagine the Jubilee would be much different in this respect.