For Sale: Academy with a saga

Ki Choi

Being ignorant of what a nice Academy would be going for these days, I listed the Academy on Audiogon Auction first with $400 (what I had paid used) at the starting price with no reserve and received no bids.... I figured Audiogo is too high nosed for the old home theater stuff, so I cancelled the auction with no bids and I moved it to Ebay at a lower starting price of $350 with NR for wider audience. Having received only two bids from the same person on its first few days, I foolishly posted a FS message on this forum to remind people of the speaker... a bad mistake. I should have offered it to you guys (and girls) first...and then go to Ebay. I'd learned my lesson and know better now.

In the meantime, the benevelant Ebay police had pull my listing on the last day (I am still trying to figure out what had gone wrong). I tried to contact the sole bidder via Ebay email to explain that it's not my doing to cheat him from the opporutinity to buy the speaker but Ebay email link is also removed.

So, please tell me what this thing is worth and send me a reasonable offer via email.

What can I say about the speaker other than to say that to my eyes, it's as good as new. There are few hard to see marks in the rear of the speaker where it might have been touched up but functionally it's perfect. However, it is a used speaker. I will stand by DOA though. It will be packed professionally and shipped from Seattle via FedEx ground with insurance and buyer should pay the actual cost. Also, if you are Paypal user, please add 3% for their fee to the final cost.

Thanks, Ki

Ki,

I am shocked that more people didn't jump on you offer of 400.00. They have sold in the Past for 400-to 700 !

Everyone looking at Ebay still think things are cheap, and won't bid unless they can get a "Steal"........

EDIT: Hopefully you will find someone Local to you that can Pick this Up. (Shipping this rare product scares me !)...........Good Luck.

Bill:

Thanks for your comment. I'll wait few days and may relist on Ebay if there's no interests from the group. A local sale would be excellent where I can demo the speaker and the buyer can check out the condition in person.

I can not see the photos I listed in my original post so I'll try it again. Maybe I tried to post 3 in one message may be the problem.

Ki

What you did wrong was attempt to charge the potential buyer (winning bidder) a surcharge of 3% based on payment type which is illegal and against eBay policy. Best to suck it up and absorb the 3% fees, or just add it into the price or handling fees to keep it legal.