FS: Merlin & other gear

Daddy Dee

I have got way too much gear and am working to simplify life. The simplifying life part is a real joy. As I'm getting things organized, I am offering some gear for sale on the forum before going out to Ebay or Audiogon.

$600 Juicy Music Merlin, mint condition low hours. original box and packing materials.

$120 pair Fostex FE206E, New in Box

I'll be listing other gear later.

PM or Email for questions or info. Sorry don't have any pics available.

buyers preference on payment is fine. Paypal o.k. just cover the 3% surcharge.

No, sold the Eico's. I think I'll be using a Fisher 500B which has been nicely rebuilt. Also have a rebuilt 800C which has been a thought, since it also has AM and I'm a geek. However, the 500B has a cool tuning eye tube which Fisher did not continue in either the 500C or 800C.

One thing that surprised me with the Fisher, and I hadn't heard much made of this on this forum, is that Fisher has it's own signature sound just like Eico and Scott. I don't think I can describe the qualities of each, but to my ears they are distinguishable and each one is sweet in it's own way. I have found the Fisher sound especially pleasant.

Likely will end up selling the 800C, unless I use it in the office. Also going are Khorns. However, that's because my house doesn't have decent corners and it doesn't seem reasonable to keep them stored indefinitely.

"One thing that surprised me with the Fisher, and I hadn't heard much made of this on this forum, is that Fisher has it's own signature sound just like Eico and Scott. I don't think I can describe the qualities of each, but to my ears they are distinguishable and each one is sweet in it's own way. I have found the Fisher sound especially pleasant."

EVERY piece of gear has a "signature". It's a matter of finding the one that your ears like. If you are fortunate to be happy with a more modest piece of gear, that's not a bad place to be!