My Top 10 List of Speakers

edwinr

• Moderators

No need, thanks. I really don't have any interest of starting at photos half naked men. Doesn't float my boat. Personalities/sense of humor...doesn't come through in a photo. As a woman, meagain, I would assume you'd feel the same, or at least relate? It's just another difference between men and women (of course, neither generalization applies across the board, etc etc).

It would be deleted immediately.

Probably for a similar price to a brand new Klipschorn, you could buy a complete Reference series home theatre system. But for a dedicated 2 channel fan there are soooooo many speakers! Where would I put them all? Still... this sytem looks hot, and probably sounds hotter...

post-15368-1381931775275_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

I'm still pondering dwolfcoach. I really like my Martin Logan Summits, but there's a Klipschorn itch that I can't get rid of - no matter how hard I scratch. I've got the Summits sounding probably as good as they will ever sound, but I still have that nagging feeling that the new Klipschorn will end up in my living room. I know the Klipschorn isn't exactly the flavor of the month with lots of reviewers, but they offer some of the best sound you will ever hear in your home.

Apart from the 'glitches' in this thread, there's some good stuff regarding speakers. I haven't heard the new Reference series yet. The Klipsch subwoofers have just been released in Australia, so I'm very keen to audition the new stuff. BTW the Cornwall has just been released here. I can't wait to hear that. But I'm not sure whether the Cornwall (or the Heresy for that matter) should really be in the current Heritage lineup. They don't feature fully horn loaded bass..... [A]

There is no argument that the Cornwall III is a large loudspeaker. I have trouble though in understanding why so many swear by this speaker. It caused a near revolt when it was discontinued. It's big, ugly and I can't see how the bass can compare with a La Scala - the Cornwall's got this 15 inch monster driver showhorned into a coffin like box. This is NOT a recipe for the tight and fast bass that I am a fan of. But I could be wrong. Maybe others might shed some light here. Also does anyone have a pic of the new Cornwall without that awful black veneer? Maybe the nice Cherry finsih might make this speaker look more appealing...

post-15368-13819321929432_thumb.jpg