Cape Hattaras

PhilMays

I'll have to say I am dissapointed in you guys. No reply's. I will take it from that that you would rather be sitting in you warm living rooms, listening to your tube driven Khorns enjoying a nice Merlot instead of on the beach at 10PM with three very smelly guys in 30 degree weather, 20 MPH wind.....and we tell really bad jokes...

No takers?

Phil, I'd be there in a second if it wasn't 1500 miles away. Give or take. If I can get all my firewood handled saturday I hope to be out myself for the last time sunday, supposed to be highs in the 20's and windy, we already have ice out about 30 feet from shore at the public access to the lake anad not going to be melting any between now and this weekend. Won't be the first time I've had to play icebreaker to get the boat out in the fall.

Have fun with the guys and your dad, and don't hold back on the bad jokes, sometimes they're the best ones! I'll expect a report on Monday.

Phil: If I was still living in VA Beach and working on an assignment for Ford Motor Company like I was in 1995, I'd be there in a heartbeat! I love the outer banks and yellow fin, among other fishes! Thanks for the invite, anyway! FISH ON! Good fishing!

-Glenn

Allright, it's starting to get ugly. The public access is about 300 yards down shoreline from our dock and I have to go right by it on the way in or out of the driveway, was dark when I got home tonight but pulled in and pointed the headlights out to the water. Not pretty. It's been windy, I'm going to guess we have 75 feet of ice out from shore, the last 30-40 all chunky and ragged from the wind blowing in. And it's not supposed to be above freezing till Sunday.

I've got a feeling it's going to be a repeat of a couple years ago when I had to jump up and down on the empty trailer just to get it to break through the ice, going down the landing it just goes out on top of the ice like it was an extension of the road.

I can't see what shape the dock and boat are in, too dang dark when I get home, and since there's not a thing I can do to change it for now, I'll wait till mornings light to see instead of walking down to the shore with a flashlight.

Phil, Saturday when you are all out telling those bad jokes and knocking one back and catching fish off the surf, remember there's some poor slob up in Minnesota that's trying to bust his boat off the lake. Have TWO for me!! I'll be wishing I was with ya. [:(]

Phil,

6 days from today. That is one weekend and two doctor appointments and a prep day away (one for me and one for the wife) So it looks like Monday will be less than a full work day with my Doc apt in the morning, Tuesday is a short day with a Doc appointment for the wife in the early afternoon and Wed is NPO and flush out the system in prep for surgery on Thursday at 7:30 AM (pacific time). NOT much time left at all!