Pilgrimage question

Who - Thanks. It's a bit of a hike, but I think we need to go. I'm anxious to see what the schedule will include, who's going and who's bringing what. We've only heard heritage speakers in my home so I desperately need to hear other's systems to compare.

Chitown to Indy- 'bit of hike'? huh???

And it takes 4 hours with a top speed of 85mph... [:(][6] I would plan about 5 hours if you plan on taking 94 East to 65 South. I much prefer taking 57 South to Champaign and then it's a straight shot east on 74. Even though it's more miles, the lack of traffic makes it a little over 4 hour drive. The other option is to leave at around 3am to completely dodge all the stupid traffic. And then it's about a 3 hour drive to Indy from Aurora.

OK OK :) Now - I want to see a thread about who's going and who's bringing what. So people rent hotel rooms for various gear listening/tests? That would be cool.

And - Oh I have so many questions. I'm "Pilgrimage Stupid". Klipsch doesn't make speakers in Indy - right? It's just offices? If true, there likely won't be a jubilee, 60th Anniv., etc. there - right?

There will be sign-up soon enough (the 'who's going' dept). Suffice to say that you'll know most of them by their avatar if not face, and we'll all be close friends at the end of the weekend.

The hotels usually give us a conference room for the Friday night 'mixer'/ listening tests. Klipsch sponsors the tour/listening tests/ get together on Saturday. There are several of us here in Indy who will open our homes for more listening and such on Saturday night/Sunday- so it's a fun filled weekend. Plan on staying for the entire time if you can.

There is no production in Indy, the Industrial/Cinema, HERITAGE, and top of Reference line is manufactured in Hope, the rest overseas. All offices and most of the engineering is in Indy, but there are several listening rooms with great assortments of Klipsch products old and new! I have no idea what will be used for listening evaluations that particular day, but it's always been a pleasant surprise, I'll leave it at that.

There will be sign-up soon enough (the 'who's going' dept). Suffice to say that you'll know most of them by their avatar if not face, and we'll all be close friends at the end of the weekend.

The hotels usually give us a conference room for the Friday night 'mixer'/ listening tests. Klipsch sponsors the tour/listening tests/ get together on Saturday. There are several of us here in Indy who will open our homes for more listening and such on Saturday night/Sunday- so it's a fun filled weekend. Plan on staying for the entire time if you can.

There is no production in Indy, the Industrial/Cinema and top of Reference line is manufactured in Hope, the rest overseas. Did you forget something in Hope Colter? All offices and most of the engineering is in Indy, but there are several listening rooms with great assortments of Klipsch products old and new! I have no idea what will be used for listening evaluations that particular day, but it's always been a pleasant surprise, I'll leave it at that.

Do they have a single Jubilee in Indy? how about a pair?

I'll admit to having had (very fleeting) thoughts about somehow dragging them up there. I figure, if MelovesKhorns can drag his Khorns from Texas to Hope and JC can drag his dbb's from Atlanta to Hope...

I don't have anything large enough to carry them though. Besides, if they have a pair in Indy, it'd be a dumb thing to do...what would I do with them? Leave them at Colters house??? IndyKlipsh's house???

I'm sure they wouldn't want them in the way.

[:^)]

hey it was early, post edited for completeness.. geesh it's gonna be tough going from Forum good-guy to Employee.

You still owe me a good one for not attending the last HOPE pilgrimage.

BS

I owe you a good WHAT? I had the date set aside that I was given, it got changed late in the game. Amy said she was sorry, I'm over it. I'll just have to have twice as good of time THIS year! Oh yeah, I'll probably be working the show then! [:P]

hey it was early, post edited for completeness.. geesh it's gonna be tough going from Forum good-guy to Employee.

You still owe me a good one for not attending the last HOPE pilgrimage.

BS

I owe you a good WHAT? I had the date set aside that I was given, it got changed late in the game. Amy said she was sorry, I'm over it. I'll just have to have twice as good of time THIS year! Oh yeah, I'll probably be working the show then! [:P]

No, you owe me a good jab or two..

BS