PROBLEM: there is a mouse in my subwoofer, help

Tostitos

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've had a mice problem in the past few weeks and what really amazes me is how they can get the bait of the traps without setting them. I would take a small piece of cheese and cram it on the actuator of the victor mouse trap. Then for good measure I put some peanut butter on too. I get up in the morning only to find the bait gone. I also placed some sticky traps down and put a small drywall screw about 8 inches above with the same bait combination and they got that as well. This all takes place under the kitchen sink. I have managed to get two of them so far. I also purchased a couple of sonic rodent repellers (snake oil?) they supposedly put out a signal around 38khz to 62khz or something like that. Anyways how do they know they're traps? Is it learned behavior? instincts? what? It would be really neat to videotape how they get the bait of of the traps. I'm sure with some perserverence I'll get them all. Mark

Keep resetting and baiting traps, it has no fear now........try bending the actuator just abit to make it more sensitve............Mark trust me on this ......Sonic repellers are SNAKE-OIL............there is no such thing as ONE mouse....Victor Mouse traps work best, use another trap if you have too, you usually have to buy two at a time anyway......................nasty little pests.....................

Great picture! I assume by now the situation has been handled in one fashion or another since you had the sub apart and the critter in sight hours ago. If not, grab the critter with some pliers (gently) and stick him/her in a closeable container, drive him 1/2 mile away and dump him/her out the door. If he/she finds his/her way back home, you've got a new pet, buy him/her a Habitrail and keep him/her.

Not if you care about the cat. Fleas, bites, various diseases.

Free free freee!

That is what YOU get if you let the mouse come back... That's why they call them VERMIN.

You've evidently been watching too many Mighty Mouse cartoons.

Your response reminds me of the people around here who protest when the city attempts to kill rats. Get real - and soon, please.

DM

I set him free because he was an especially cute outdoors deermouse, and honestly- the guy had been shaken around and then forced to listen to the lyrics to 'Fresh Prince of Bel-Air', it was fair to let him go.

Couldn't even dislodge him from the speaker cone without tearing it up, so I just left him. Apparently he climbed up the wire and was sitting in the circuitboard that was sitting on the side of the case, so I flicked him out of there, then he ran around my room for a while until I could catch him and put him..

in my neighbors garage. :)

If you live somewhere that had a healthy summer growing season then you got a load of mice. They come inside for food, warmth and nesting safety. They get brazen too. Stare you straight in the eye and dare ya to do something. I agree with the peanut butter and the snap traps. I used to set traps and simply walk out of the room and hear the silly things trigger. I'd return remove the still warm carcus and re-bait for another run. Mice are not healthy to share a living space with. Look up Hanta virus. Good luck and good hunting!

Free free freee!

That is what YOU get if you let the mouse come back... That's why they call them VERMIN.

Your response reminds me of the people around here who protest when the city attempts to kill rats. Get real - and soon, please.

DM

So you're one of those "mice are really superhumans in disguise" type people who still believe that a Mouse will find his way up a block or 2 bypassing all houses in order to get back to yours from whence it came types?

Free free freee!

DM

So you're one of those "mice are really superhumans in disguise" type people who still believe that a Mouse will find his way up a block or 2 bypassing all houses in order to get back to yours from whence it came types?

It's not exactly belief. Mice and rats have a sense of where their territory is and know where it isn't. If they can make back, they will make it back because their life depends on it. Read the chapter on rats in Lorenz' book "On Aggression" if you want an eye opener about their behavior.