Colterphoto1 in Nawlins...

IndyKlipschFan

Jamie and Dtels, have a great trip. Wish I was going. But I'll be off an adventure of my own in just a few hours. Have a blast and bring back some stories and photos for us will ya?

Richard and PhotoBugs- ISO 400 for flash stuff, I usually use 1250 for low light although the D200 will hit 1600. White balance is all over the place. I use Auto generally, incadescent occasionally, but the real trick is custom white balance. The D200 can memorize 4 settings and I used three at Dtel's wedding. Most lighting situations are not purely one type of light, that is why the shade/incadescent/fluorescant modes do not work well. If there is one window letting sunlight in, the photos are warmer that any of the light types available. Check your owners manual for how to set custom. Basically you trigger a button to say 'capture this color light', FILL THE FRAME WITH SOMETHING WHITE at a good exposure setting, press shutter- the camera memorizes this as WHITE and adjusts accordingly. VERY IMPORTANT to take new white balance or switch to auto when lighting conditions change.

Sometimes I use one mode when I want a special effect. Like the pix of the little girl on the dance floor or the Electric Tree. Just like using daylight film under tungsten light- setting for outdoors and shooting indoors give you nicely warmed images.

Post processing in Photoshop is generally (in order) exposure correction, color balance, new layer, do artwork to reduce spots, blemishes, sometimes gaussian blur to soften skin. Sometimes many layers to soften or darken background. On 3 Dtel men, one layer was their suits but lighter, so the detail of the pin stripes would show up, another layer blurred the background so the guys would pop off the page. On the 3 cake photo two layers were used, one to darken the table cloths because they were too much bright white and took away from the cakes and candles. Many of the photos I posted have 5-20 minutes of Photo shop done to them.

Michael

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is Joni Dtel's sister, I am not getting my own sign on name, this house has enough Dtel groupies!!! So I will just post under him! My guess is 1250, are we there yet??? I feel sick! remember michael? [+o(] ha ha[:P]

beautiful pictures, minus mine, can we remove me pleasssssseee [;)]

Joni's guess was closest! Someone on that cruise-buy the lady a drink! [D] Jamie a close second- were you two counting or something?

Little Gracie, one of our ballerina flower girls. It's fun to twirl!

Again, created entirely in-camera.

Michael: I especially like the one you attached to this post. Nice rule-of-thirds shot! Regarding the other shots: You Sir, are a master of lighting and composition! My hat's off to you!

Little Gracie, one of our ballerina flower girls. It's fun to twirl!

Again, created entirely in-camera.

Michael: I especially like the one you attached to this post. Nice rule-of-thirds shot! Regarding the other shots: You Sir, are a master of lighting and composition! My hat's off to you!

Hadn't even thought of that to be honest with you. My brain just is on auto pilot on some of those techniques. I suppose it's like an athlete or musician and the muscle memory thing. I tend to just see things and react. Elden kept telling me to settle down and take a break-I must have looked like I was spazzing out to him (he's so mellow) but if feels like an electrical storm in my head when I'm 'in the zone'.

Other creative types like yourself will understand.

Thanks for the kind words.

M

Hey Michael - we are on the cruise. As I type we're sailing down to the mouth of the Mississippi River. Already started on drinks, and I'll treat Joni to one for you. We're all having a blast and wish you were here with us. I'll try to take some decent pics for you. And, we have wireless internet in the rooms, so I'll check in occasionally and I'm thinking dtel will too. It's all good!!!!

Yeah I think I might be hooked. LOL. We saw your avatar and that is so sweet, I'm glad you enjoy it. When we saw it we instantly said "OMG, Michael!" and it just seemed perfect. Yeah, even on the cruise we're checking for new posts and new pics btw. No, we're not just using you for your pics, so don't say that, we're just amazed by your work.

• Moderators

Michael,

Just Elden and I checking in to say hello.

We are heading towards the Gulf of Mexico and points beyond. This internet service on this cruise ship is as slow as us trying to get ready to leave the house.

BTW, we are listening to a real live jazz band while posting. Sure wish you were here with us, you would love it.

Have a great first day of work tomorrow. Tell all the good folks at Klipsch we said hello.

Dang Michael,

I warned you that Southern girls can steal your heart. Weren't you listenin' at all? [:^)]

What a time y'all must have had. Memories for a lifetime for sure.

Bruce

Yeah, don't I know it. But I didn't expect to fall for the ones who already had fiancees! [:'(][:$]

Haven't been on here in A LONG TIME...actually my last post was to send CONGRATS to my dad on the CIII's. So as a refresher for those that don't remember me: I am DTEL's middle daughter. My more recent title as awarded by Michael is "The coordinator" (thanks Michael).

The wedding was awesome...as yall have already figured out. The brides were beautiful, AGAIN yall have figured this out...AND THE PHOTOGRAPHER ROCKED...for those of you that haven't figured this out!

No seriously, Michael u r awesome! Thank you for making their dreams come true. I SERIOUSLY could not have "coordinated" without you! And I really couldn't imagine the chaos without you! From manicures and pedicures, to seafood buffets at home, through laughter and tears, you have been amazing!

Mom, Dad, Jamie, Johnny, Alicia, and Joey: Hope you guys are having a blast...it's well deserved after that last year and a half of "katrina bliss" that you have all been through. I wish yall the absolute best in everything! (...and Maw Maw and Joni too!) Love, Hugs and Kisses, FROM THE LAND BASED FOLKS IN THE SOUTH

Thanks to all of the members of this forum for being so supportive (and humerous when needed) of my folks.

If you are referring to My man...he'll never see the likes of this place ABSOLUTEY NO OFFENSE TO YOU GUYS..but he's rather computer stupid. He just recently ( as in the last two months ) has figured out how to check his own email at HOTMAIL!!!!!!! As for Synergy no, not us...he wouldn't know what to do with those either! If I'm not mistaken...that was Brandon's dad (the young usher at the wedding). By the way...AS IF YOU DONT HAVE TWO THOUSAND PICTURES TO PHOTOSHOP...Brandon's mom would like a pic of him in his tux IF THERE IS ONE! She doesn't care about photoshop or details...she just wants to see him since she couldn't make the wedding. If you can get it to me, I'll see to it that she gets it or I can provide you with her email address if you wish.

You are more than welcome Mom. Gracie is still talking about the wedding! I asked her what she liked the best about the wedding and she said dancing. Something about music and this family!!! Guess its all about the speakers huh?? A BIG thanks to Michael for everything he did with such Grace and to this Forum for letting all of this be posted. All I ever hear from my parents is how awesome everyone on the Forum and everyone who works for Klipsch that they have met are. I don't personally own any Klipsch products but I am sure in time I will....MAYBE...I don't know if my Mom and Dad would actually ever part with them. I think they like the speakers more than they like us or maybe it is that the speakers can drown us out either way .......Thanks to everyone on here for all the support you have shown to my family!!!

Jessica, we won't let ya stick around here for long without having
at least some Klipsch into your home and your lives. What are you using
currently? When it comes time to upgrade, email me or post here and
we'll get ya set up. Whether its the big boxes like your Dad has, or
something smaller that still kicks- we've got something for everyone!

M

Whether its the big boxes like your Dad has, or something smaller that still kicks- we've got something for everyone!

M

I like the WE bit.. hehehehehe Yep technically he is at home with Klipsch starting today.. (first day of work..)

Congrats Michael..

That's right. Break a leg there Michael!

When do you get your:

SystemAdministrator?

Rick

We currently have Pioneer floor speakers. They are okay. They are really old!! But they are sufficient for now. My car system sounds better than my house system. When we do decide to get more speakers that is if my Dad doesn't pass down, I will be certain to let you know MIchael. I heard from Alicia yesterday they had just left new orleans and she was already drunk. I am sure they are having a good time. I know I would be!!!