Colterphoto

dtel's wife

• Moderators

For those you that have not read the thread "Colterphoto in Nawlins" under 2 channel, please take a look at the thread, especially the last few pages.

Colter has posted a couple of photographs from the triple wedding. This man is not only a "genius" when it comes to photography, more importantly he is one of the best friends anyone could ask for.

Michael, thanks for everything and you will always be a part of the dtel family.

Just wondering if anyone has heard from any of the other DTEL clan. I know they are supposed to be off on their cruise but I was told they would email or call and check in and I haven't heard. I've checked other threads as well and don't see any comments so I'm trying to get an update. Thanks guys!

AS IF I REALLY EXPECTED THEM TO CONTACT ME WHEN THEY ARE IN...ummm...DON'T REALLY KNOW WHERE THEY ARE OR WHERE THEY WENT! How sad is that?????????

Kinda late for a birds and the beez chat! LOL

Hey mom..... were on our honeymoon.. this room is nice... any suggestions what to do now?

Just not gonna happen.. hahahahahahahahahahaha And even sadder if it does...

Now calling/ emailing to say we arrived safe.... and having a blast.... thanks for the wedding.. See you when we get home.. Love you both!! That's just being responsible and appreciative.

Actually, it's my mom that I'm trying to find! LOLLOLLOL ---ENTIRELY TOO LATE FOR THE BIRDS AND THE BEEZ

This is DTEL's middle daughter. The oldest daughter and her new husband (and her son), mom and dad, my cousin and her new husband, and dtels mom and sister all went on a cruise following the triple wedding. The problem here is that my younger sister and I are the only two of the CLAN that didn't go. SOOO, if something were to happen, do the cruiseline folks even know that we exist to be able to contact us??? It would almost appear as though every member of the family were on the cruise if you look at all the folks that went!!!!!! Although, it's extremely unlikely that something would happen to all 9 of them at once!

None of that was even the point. I talked to mom (dtels wife) Monday as they were boarding the ship. She said she would check in later with us but didn't know when (something about cellphones and international rates etcetc etc). I know that on the first day of the cruise my cousin had posted here on the forum so I was wondering if maybe one of them had posted on a thread somewhere and I just missed it.

Thanks for the humor though! I can see your point!

• Moderators

You guys are great. Just so you all know we made it home from our cruise. It was beautiful. The water was crystal clear and the prettiest color blue I have ever seen. I have to get the suitcases unpacked, but will post a thread later on our adventures.

We were going to call and check in, but what the heck, we had such a good time.

Yes, we did have to provide a "nearest living relative" just in case we hit an iceberg while "cruisin the Carribean".[;)]

Maybe calling from the ship costs a lot. I have a friend, a very
close friend, who call me from China pretty regularly. She uses and IP
card, and international phone card. You buy prepaid minutes, and the
rates aren't too bad. My own cell company (verizon) allows me to
payabout $4.50 a month extra, so the interantional rate to China is
only 29 cents a minute.Not really too bad for checking in. Most of the
time we use the phone feature on Yahoo! to talk (along with a webcam,
it is like a video phone). Skype would also work, as well as most other
computer based communications. Since we spend between one and four
hours a day talking with each other, the Yahoo! method is great, not
costing us anything.

Bruce

• Moderators

Can I be a living relative?

Please all Dtel's check in with me tonight if you're not busy unpacking or catching up on sleepies.

Glad you had a good time but missed y'all.

Michael

Back home. [:|]

Michael if you can live here for a week you " are " now a relative, sorry !

Michael did a great job of being a friend while here, then a great photographer, could not have asked for more of either.

It was the first cruise we have ever been on, but it won't be the last. It was fun, but busy. What I liked the most was snorkeling around the reef in Cozumel . I did not expect to see so many fish and coral even close to shore, that is what I want to go back and do again.

I know there must be some divers here so I have a question. Is there anything you can do about the pressure on you ears when you swim down to 20 or 30 feet ? When I would swim past say 15 feet the pressure on my ears was very painful, at say 25 feet the pressure would be so painful I could only stay just a second. I wanted to scuba dive but I could only stay close to the surface, whats the use ? We were on the surface and could see down 40 feet as clear as if there was no water between us and the divers were swimming along the bottom. The water was so clear it felt like you were flying and looking down at the ground !

Is there a trick or is it just not for everyone ? The reason I said trick was because we were told to spit on the inside of the mask to keep it from fogging up and it works very well.

Even if I have to stay close to the surface it was still unbelievable ! I have had saltwater reef tanks with live coral and invertebrates, and of course fish , but to see it for real and as far as you can see is unbelievable , were hooked !