Why doesn't Consumer Reports rate Klipsch products

mark1101

I have a membership to Consumer Reports.org so that I can read all their ratings of everything from lawn mowers and cars to tooth brushes and everything in between.

In the "Ipod speaker" category, and "speaker" category all the competitive products and names we all know are there. It shocked me that Klipsch is nowhere to be found. Not even mentioned in the articles they wrote about the categories and brands within in general.

I'm surprised and am wondering if anyone knows why?

By the way, for $26.00 / year it's well worth it to find out all that great product comparison info before you buy things.

Well you guys are right because Bose 901s were rated #1 floor standing, Sony ss-mb350h best book shelf, and JBL scs300.7 best HT.

A quote from CR website.....

"There are hundreds of speaker brands. Some of the better-known names include Acoustic Research, Bose, Boston Acoustics, Infinity, JBL, KLH, and Polk Audio. Major consumer electronics manufacturers, such as Pioneer, Panasonic, and Sony, also make separate speaker lines. Smaller companies, such as NHT, Paradigm, PSB, and Thiel, are best known for expensive audiophile models, but they offer lower-priced speakers as well."

I use CR and Consumer Search extensively for car reports and to compare their notes on products I am searching for. I bought longer lasting digital batteries recently based on what they said compared to others. I shopped for a Canon home printer recently because of their high marks for print quality for the price. I am shopping for digital cameras with their reports in mind. I compare their top choices with other brands usually their top choices sell themselves and are rarely on sale. I often find lesser known and generic brands at lower prices and almost the same quality- but at least I have a bench mark with which to compare.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

The CR web site shows they reviewed the Klipsch Synergy SB-3 Monitor. I heard similar Sony models. They have a high end extension that makes them sound pretty good for the price. Most of the models in that price range are pretty poor and very close in quality. The JBLs do have good bass extension. I think even modest price, high efficiency horns like Klipsch shine with low power amplifiers like tubes and digital amplifiers.

...Because consumer reports sucks. I'll look at it if there is nothing else to read, but that's about it. I would never make a buying decision, or even be influenced on what to buy based on what they say in that magazine.

...I do like to look at the last page, though, Selling It. Some pretty funny stuff there.