what is your opion on monster power supply units?

iwillwalk

"well its sure better than a 20.00 power strip"

How?

It's better than a $20 Power strip for if no other reason, Monster Warrents like $400,000 in connected electronics If a power surge frys anything..

That in it self makes it better.

But the Monster "Clean Power" Does make a difference. That is not to say that many other companies with their own "Clean Power" Are any less good. But a $20 power Strip really offers nothing more than multiple Plug-ins. It doesn't filter power, they really don't even much in surge protection. Monster among other brands, Do.

-TheChad

While it is true that monster boasts a 400,000 equipment (on the HTS 3600) guarantee panamax offers a 5,000,000 dollar equipment protection guarantee on a power conditioner that costs half of the monster unit.

$5,000,000? Why not $10,000,000, or how about $100,000,000?

Is that realistic? Who that is using one of these HOME theater conditioners has even $400,000 in electronics?

At that point it is just a pissing contest. The real question come if/when something does happen and your electronics get fried... Who can, and who will stand behind their guarentee?

I don't know if Panamax can, or will, because I've personally never heard of them, But I know Monster Can, and Will.

The Problem that gives monster a bad name is the Retailers, that rip off customers. It's not monsters fault the retailers are marking up their product between 100-300% PROFIT! You can buy almost any monster product online for a FAIR price with only little effort in searching.

-TheChad

While it is true that monster boasts a 400,000 equipment (on the HTS 3600) guarantee panamax offers a 5,000,000 dollar equipment protection guarantee on a power conditioner that costs half of the monster unit.

Is that realistic? Who that is using one of these HOME theater conditioners has even $400,000 in electronics?

At that point it is just a pissing contest. The real question come if/when something does happen and your electronics get fried... Who can, and who will stand behind their guarentee?

I don't know if Panamax can, or will, because I've personally never heard of them, But I know Monster Can, and Will.

The Problem that gives monster a bad name is the Retailers, that rip off customers. It's not monsters fault the retailers are marking up their product between 100-300% PROFIT! You can buy almost any monster product online for a FAIR price with only little effort in searching.

-TheChad

Exactly the overboosted fat number is there to make sales. Sure there is even ONE person on the entire planet Earth who has even $100000 connected to the Panamax. LOL Lets get serious,they know most Panamax usesr have medium to low priced High-End at max connacted and in most cases 15-20K of gear is all most will ever have. People with ubber gear will use ExactPower,Chang,PS Audio and ThePowerCompany regulation/filtering...not a Panamax deluxe power bar.

The Panamax is a good solid product,the exorbitant "warrant" if a bluff. I dare anyone try to connect even one million in gear on this Panamax. [:$]

-TheChad

Exactly the overboosted fat number is there to make sales. Sure there is even ONE person on the entire planet Earth who has even $100000 connected to the Panamax. LOL Lets get serious,they know most Panamax usesr have medium to low priced High-End at max connacted and in most cases 15-20K of gear is all most will ever have. People with ubber gear will use ExactPower,Chang,PS Audio and ThePowerCompany regulation/filtering...not a Panamax deluxe power bar.

The Panamax is a good solid product,the exorbitant "warrant" if a bluff. I dare anyone try to connect even one million in gear on this Panamax. [:$]

My $50K McIntosh home theatre system has been connected to a Panamax for the last 10 years. Not a single hitch! [:P]

It's true that Panamax sell those cheap power strips, which are unable to regenerate AC power, filtration of power, isolation of components, balancing power, etc.

However Panamax does build some excellent AC Regenerators. I personally use the 5510 ACRegenerator, and it works fine in protecting my equipment and noise filtration. www.panamax.com/products.cfm?group=1&sec=detail&id=260&ly=h

I also use Panamax UPS 1500 for protecting the lamp in my projector from power outages, so it can complete the cooling process when there is a power failure. www.panamax.com/products.cfm?group=1&sec=detail&id=259&ly=h

I have always loved APC gear.. We early adopted it to protect our computers in the office in the 1990's. Being in the investment business, I knew corporate pretty well at that time, and BEGGED them to get into the HT arena.. It was a huge winner for us.. And continues to do well. Looks like they are making good waves now in the HT market too. About time.

http://apc.com/products/category.cfm?id=15

click here for great info....And Education too..LOL

http://apcmedia.apcc.com/pdf_downloads/litpdfs/996-2874C.pdf

APC is not cheap gear, but I at least believe their "hype" more than others..

IMO, Monster, much like Bose, is a marketing machine. Very successful companies too. Good products, just IMO not so sure fantastic ones? Monster suffered a lot on the Internet with competitors claiming they wanted to trademark everything with Monster in it.. not true later revealed.. They also got into the HT market with their own speakers and Home theater uuber amps too.. I think that has been a failure as well. But hey rule in power supply units and cable... go figure!

For the record I use the Monster HTS 3600 I think it did improve my DLP TV picture and it seems clean and sounds good through my system. I sleep better at night with the warranty, I just hope I never have to make a claim.

I have to agree with MAS; Monster makes a pretty good product, but is better at marketing.  I attended CES in 2003-2005 and always noticed that Monster typically had about $1 million worth of exotic cars, Lamborghini, Ferrarri, Maserai, etc., in their booth to attract traffic.  The last year I was there, I was near the booth at the end of the show, and as soon as the clock struck on the hour, some very paranoid guys were very busy getting the cars out of the venue amid the chaotic tear down that had begun, so that they could return them to the rental company. That about summed up the situation for me.  I also found out at CES that there are a few PAC-RIM build houses from which a majority of all the product comes from.  In many cases cosmetics are the only distinction, which can be customized easily for a client.  Most anything with a moulded end comes from these houses.  There are good cables available, but research before you buy to find out if the cables are really any different from the mass manufactured stuff.

"better than a $20 Power strip for if no other reason, Monster Warrents like $400,000 in connected electronics If a power surge frys anything.."

My house insurance will cover such problems.

"But a $20 power Strip really offers nothing more than multiple Plug-ins."

Which is just what I need, perfect.

" It doesn't filter power"

My gear is built with proper power supplies.

In any event there is no audio theory or product so cockamamie that some some "audiophile" won't claim it makes an audible improvement.