Where is Daddy Dee?

gaspr

Gentlemen,

Thanks for the thoughts. I've been pretty well covered up in work and getting settled in after my wife's move. Combining two households is a joy after living under two roofs for the best part of seven years. I just keep reminding myself, we have a finite number of boxes to sort. I'm not a garage sale type, so the GoodWill and Habitat stores and the church garage sale are doing well.

Thanks Bob and Michael for the hospitality in Crites Labs this afternoon. We had a great time and hit the Watta-Burger on the way back to Little Rock.

..."I've been pretty well covered up in work and getting settled in after my wife's move. Combining two households is a joy after living under two roofs for the best part of seven years. I just keep reminding myself, we have a finite number of boxes to sort. I'm not a garage sale type, so the GoodWill and Habitat stores and the church garage sale are doing well."

I know exactly how you feel, Dee. After our dad retired in October, our folks packed up all their stuff and moved out of their CT townhouse back down here to our old house in FL, and they're still settling in. My two younger brothers and I have been living there together since '99 (originally the rest of the family's been here since '82 with family members coming and going throughout the years), so we've gotten used to just the three of us (with plenty of room for friends to stay over). Now with our parents here, we've donated our old beat-up furniture and replaced it all with their newer, better quality furnishings. But they also had alot of extra stuff that's still creeping their way into all the rooms, and we're still stumbling over boxes and unused furniture just sitting in the way! And as you said, "Combining two households is a joy after living under two roofs for the best part of seven years", which also fits our situation to a tee. There went any chances of me relocating my audio system to the livingroom like I had planned, especially now since my one bro was kicked out of the masterbedroom so our parents could use it for themselves...it's only a 3 bedroom ranch with 5 grown adults now living there, so my bro's now using the livingroom as his temporary bedroom! What a setup!