hello heres something i never thought i would be doing, VRD's FS

joessportster

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been listening to heritage Klipsch longer than most of you, I would guess, (over 30 years [:P]). I grew up in Hope, AR so there's lot's of history there. I've heard them on SS and SET, now it's time for VRDs (on a Wright WPL20 tube pre ). Maybe a BB w/Cream in the future!

Careful Tonto [:o], (and I'm just funning with ya), but I've had mine for 27 years (and I'm 46), so it's been almost 60% of my life !

Additionally, I didn't have the luxury of living in a cool place like Hope to know about Klipsch until I was 18. I had to discover Klipsch all by my itty bitty self (tweety bird impersonation) when I saw these cool boxes at a dealer and had the wisdom to ask "what are THOSE!!!" [:o]

Ok, enough of my bantering... you say there's a lot of history. I'd guess it would interest more than one here to hear of some of your stories??!!

I liked Hope, thought it was a charming town. Even more given the history of Klipsch there. Maybe you can give us some dirt on Trey, even if you need to make it up?

[;)]

hey lighting i will ship to craig if you prefer no problem, and craig we discussed waiting to ship and decided to wait till after x-mas for the very reason you describe, the longer the apes have a package the more likely they will damage it

Joe

Joe,

Call me or send me an email and I'll call you when your ready to pack them up. I want to make sure all the foam pieces are used in the right spots when you pack them up.

Craig

Hey now!!! I think my spelling and grammar abilities have went from like 6th grade to 11th grade around here in the last 5 years!! Next year I get a degree for graduating the klipsch forum school of spelling and grammar! This new spell check software sure helps!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Craig-

Your spelling and grammar have made tremendous strides, not that it matters. We love you regardless. Its your knowledge and willingness to share that knowledge that we value, not your writing style.

Youre even becoming a diplomat and humorist. I really enjoyed your wry observation that you were being looked to as the voice of reason in some recent spats among other forum regulars and one former forum regular.

Neil,

Why thank you. I really love this place along with the members and use as a way to relax after all those boring hours soldering.

Craig

"

Hey now!!! I think my spelling and grammar abilities have went from like 6th grade to 11th grade around here in the last 5 years!! Next year I get a degree for graduating the klipsch forum school of spelling and grammar! This new spell check software sure helps!

Craig-"

It is something I feel strangely proud of.....[:D]

And you my dear Greek friend should be very proud!! I'm indebted to you on many occasions of help and guidance.

Craig

Mike,

looks like I may be going the PP route, we'll see. I've been running 2a3 monos on my khorns and love the sweet midrange, but I'm after more bass and full range sound. I know how much everyone loves the VRDs and just quickly pulled the trigger when they came up for sale.

Coytee,

Hope was a great small town for my formative years, lots of friendly, laid-back people there. My best friend's older sister worked at K&A in the '70s so I got a few priviledged glimpses into the coolest place to work in Hope. Lots of people had Heresies and Cornwalls. My friend and I threw the best high school graduation party ('77) from a cabin in the woods with his sister's La Scalas on the front porch, playing rock music to the crowd in the warm summer night. Probably frightened every animal within a two mile radius! My graduation present was my first pair of walnut Heresies. I run a pair of '78 Khorns today and am quite proud to tell visitors they were made where I grew up and by a man I went to high school with.

Never met Trey (I basically left Hope in '77), but I'll make up a story if you'd like![;)]