DVD Player with SACD & DVD Audio?

texxas guy

While waiting for the price of Blue Ray to come down, I want to fill the void with a player that will play both DVD Audio and SACD, without breaking the bank. It also must deliver a good picture as well. What are some good options out there right now that you guys might recommend?

Thanks, and a Happy (Klipsch) New Year to all!

Larry

I thought that model Oppo didn't do SACD, LOL I have the thing - I should know that eh? I've been using a Denon 2900 which I shouldn't have bought. Oppo much better picture.

My bad!! It is the Oppo DV-970HD model that does SACD and DVD Audio. It's $149.

HD Up-Conversion to 720p/1080i

SACD, DVD-Video/Audio and Much More

HDMI Output, HDMI Cable Included

480i over HDMI

DivX Certified

USB & Card Reader

I have one of these on order:

Has DVD audio/SACD and upconverts to 1080p.  DCDi by Faroudja.  Audio direct mode, 192 khz/24bit DAC, RS232 port.  I chose it for the high quality video processor and high quality audio features.

The OPPO units get good reviews, however my friend who does high end home theatre says they can be problematic to customize and integrate with some remotes; may or not be an issue for you..

I like the oppo for analog only vs. the Denon 2900 for cd which I won't use cuz I have a dedicated cd player. What's not working for me is the picture. I am experiencing 'clay faces', artifacts, and just plain weirdness. Like, I'm watching a good quality concert video (done in a studio) and a trailing effect. Like an eyebrow will have a ghost double with movement. And it seems like I'm looking through 2 layers of tv screen.... like artifacts over the image. Darned weird and not good. I don't remember this before yet nothing was changed except some audio cables. No clue how to fix it. I'm sure tomorrow I will wake up, turn it on, and everything will magically fix itself. As is usually the case here. Electronics do not behave in my home the way it does for others. Nope.

From what I have heard from a couple of people who own it and for the price, the Pioneer Elite DV-45A is a sweet piece, and from what I have seen and read on the net, nice piece at a low cost, from around $180-250 on Ebay, I''d recommend it for that price range and both Audio formats...