K510 Jubilee little HF horn....

sfogg

So Roy. If I were to get a pro cinema setup in my new house....just wondering about getting a little bit of it at a time as mentioned before in threads.

For now either a 510 with K69 (Grand HF-T) or 510 with the DE75 (KPT-904-HF). There is also the KPT-335MF. I would want what would worked best as the mid horn....without EQ.

I'm very interested in trying out this horn and integrate in with some of my stuff. Later maybe using it for complete two way with a particular Pro Bass bin.......may or may not be Jubilee.

Shawn....what is the most outer dimensions of the mouth....including the mounting lip?

Thanks

jc

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is with the screen tilted up (it hangs from the ceiling to give me clearance for the ContraBass and mini-split heat pump....) and the cloth out of the way. The sub up top is bi-polar, it has the same driver layout on the other side. It is one of Tom Danley's crazy designs... no traditional voice coils in it. It literally has a servo motor connected to the cones with belts/arms. There are also 14 bass shakers (2 per chair push/pull) installed for the LFE channel.

My room is small so I had to keep the sides/rears fairly small to fit. They are RS-3II. I needed their dual horn setup to get enough coverage for both rows of seating.

Shawn

post-12845-13819325767086_thumb.jpg

I'm in Ma. The THX 525s look like they are nice surrounds as well. I could probably fit them in if I wanted to go that route. It would be interesting to hear them in my room.The RS3IIs have been working out well though as is and of course those are already paid for.

Shawn

So Roy. If I were to get a pro cinema setup in my new house....just wondering about getting a little bit of it at a time as mentioned before in threads.

For now either a 510 with K69 (Grand HF-T) or 510 with the DE75 (KPT-904-HF). There is also the KPT-335MF. I would want what would worked best as the mid horn....without EQ.

I'm very interested in trying out this horn and integrate in with some of my stuff. Later maybe using it for complete two way with a particular Pro Bass bin.......may or may not be Jubilee.

Shawn....what is the most outer dimensions of the mouth....including the mounting lip?

Thanks

jc

basshornguy (yes you jc, by the way i am impressed with your determination, experimentation, and instrumentation on the other thread!!),

decisions, decisions.....for mid, using the 510 horn, either bnc or 69. i like the 69 a little better than the bnc75 and it costs less too, i think. i wouldn't use a tweeter just cause you don't need it and keeping crossover points to minimum should be a priority if you are not concerned with getting the most acoustic horse power you can get, like in a large cinema room. and eq is not bad, as long it is used in the hands of a professional....is there a sound guy in the house? [:)]

have a blessed day,

roy delgado

ps in case shawn doesn't have a tape measure (would probably be the only measuring device he doesn't have!), the horn is 15 x 9 with flange.

OK. Few questions.

Would there be any advantage of using the k1133 Klipsch driver?

If I use the 510 with any KLipsch driver behind a passive for two way or three way, How would I EQ? Is ther some active parametric EQ w/o the active XO....Or would you just use a pro EQ like one by Ashley or dbx or something?

If I use EQ...I may need some help.

jc

"If I use the 510 with any KLipsch driver behind a passive for two way or three way, How would I EQ? I"

The EQ can be done in a passive network too. If you use an autoformer to attenuate the driver you can bypass the autoformer with an appropriate sized capacitor to act as EQ for example. There are other ways of doing it too.

Shawn

Roy,

"ps in case shawn doesn't have a tape measure (would probably be the
only measuring device he doesn't have!), the horn is 15 x 9 with flange."

"Tape measure" you say?!?!? Sounds fascinating, I'll have to check that one out to add to my collection. ;)

Shawn

OK. Few questions.

If I use the 510 with any KLipsch driver behind a passive for two way or three way, How would I EQ? Is ther some active parametric EQ w/o the active XO....Or would you just use a pro EQ like one by Ashley or dbx or something?

jc

hey hornbassguy,

the k-1133 is strictly meant for mid. the k-1132 is a driver that meets thx spec. that was before these extended top end drivers came out. thx applies a known amount of boost to the top end so it expects a certain amount of rolloff. if is doesn't have that roll off, the top end is too bright. the k-69 and bnc75 are the extended top end drivers that we use so i would use either for your application.

have a blessed day,

roy delgado

They don't sell the 904 with the K-69-A? How strange.

hey deano,

everybody loves somebody sometimes....hiccup......

we do offer a 510/69 combo; the grand hf ......

from tom petty to you..........yeah the waiting .......is the hardest part......

have a blessed day,

roy delgado

OK. Few questions.

first put on the suit....the one that ties the sleeves together.......oh not that kind of help......ACOUSTIC help....sure no probem.....

jc

have a blessed day,

roy delgado

This is with the screen tilted up (it hangs from the ceiling to give me clearance for the ContraBass and mini-split heat pump....) and the cloth out of the way. The sub up top is bi-polar, it has the same driver layout on the other side. It is one of Tom Danley's crazy designs... no traditional voice coils in it. It literally has a servo motor connected to the cones with belts/arms. There are also 14 bass shakers (2 per chair push/pull) installed for the LFE channel.

My room is small so I had to keep the sides/rears fairly small to fit. They are RS-3II. I needed their dual horn setup to get enough coverage for both rows of seating.

Shawn

almond.........no..........pecan................uhuh.....................cashew......................negative..................brazillian.................nope

..................pea.................naw....................hazel..............oh i give up....

hey shawn,

what kind of nut are you?

have a blessed day,

roy delgado

OK. All Joking aside.

So I call up Chuck or email him and ask for a pair of Grand-HF-T. Then I will get a pair of 510 and K69?

So now again...is there a parametric EQ you would recommend in addition to a passive network as opposed to EQ'ing the passive?

Any chance you could show us some curves of this 510 with the K69?

Also.....You can consider me "hornbassguy" out of determination with no expertise....but I'm an expert as a "waterpipesguy" with little left of determination....OK!

jc

post-16499-13819325808224_thumb.jpg