5th anniversary of proposing marriage to my wife tonight

wuzzzer

I know, I know. Call me a romantic fool but I think that I should do something special for my wife tonight considering 5 years ago tonight she agreed to marry me.

So far I have: Lit 5 candles in a hanging chandelier-type thing in our dining room, bought her a beautiful floral bouquet and a nice card to go with it.

She has to work until 7pm tonight and I have a nice dinner planned at her favorite Italian restaurant (Biaggi's in Maple Grove, MN). I'm not going to tell her where we're going. She'll probably figure it out when we get close, though.

I knew picking January 1st would make it easy to remember when I popped the question! [A]

And, considering that everything in my signature below (with the exception of our TV) was purchased in 2006, I have quite a bit to be thankful for!

Be good to her. Many marriages don't make it much past the five year mark. The farther behind it gets the better it gets. I mean, it really just gets better and better. I'm sure Eldon and Christy can attest to that.

Bruce

Well my wife came home and was surprised to see the lit candles. She read the card I got for her and loved the flowers. Then I asked her if she could figure out why I lit 5 candles. It took her a few seconds and then she was embarassed that she didn't remember the date. HA! Score 1 for me! [:)]

We drove an hour to the Italian restaurant and we had fried ravioli for an appetizer (incredible!), ziti al forno (shrimp and chicken with ziti and cheese and ham...wow) and for dessert two cannolis. I'm so stuffed right now, and I have about half of the ziti in the fridge to take to work tomorrow and my wife has a whole cannoli to enjoy.

It was fun to surprise her. She had planned to spend the evening cleaning the house. I think she enjoyed my plan just a little better.

• Moderators

Well keep it up and you will be married for a long time. It was very smart of you to pick a date that is easy to remember, really.

I hope you know you are making it hard for us lazy people to look good with what you did for her today !

And Marvel is correct it only gets better every year.

Keep up the good work.

lol Arf - I've got a pair of PS400's available to my disposal if I was a bit sneaky...in fact, there are a pair of Chorus speakers being powered by one at my church in the music library now that I think about it. I also used to help manage a PA with a 10 foot amp rack filled with PS-400s. I didn't know they could do DC though [Y] I was being serious that they'd make awesome gifts - but I should probably pretend otherwise so I can rock out for a few months [;)]

Yes, sorry for the hijack [A]

• Moderators

Arfandbark does not play around, he is serious !

He told me about a Harmon Kardon reciever , and the next thing I know it's on my porch !

Doc I don't know if you want to try the amp or not, that's up to you and Arf, talk to him. Tell him you are looking for a young lady and see what shows up on your porch, it's worth a shot. [:D]