Positives and negatives of klipsch speakers...???

Darkninja86

If the Klipsch horns are too bright look at your listening room and then your amp and then your sub. You can dampen the brightness with fabric/plush furniture/carpeting. Experiment with towels/blankets draped over chairs/furniture to see the dampening effect on the brightness. Different amps boost different frequencies. It does make a difference. Different subs provide different amounts of bass for balancing to the high frequencies. Hope this helps. Don't give up on the Klipsch brand. Look for ways to accomodate the Klipsch idiosyncrasies. It will be worth it to you.

Pros: They sound incredible and look great. If you look at what you typically pay for Klipsch that are 10-20 years old you'd probably pay 10x that amount for new speakers from other brands that still probably won't sound as good.

Cons: Thanks to this forum you'll never be satisfied with what you get. You'll always want bigger, better, LOUDER! [:)]

that's about right

"Regarding the bright sound of the horns,  I have noticed that mine do not begin to have a brightness to the sound until I am really pushing serious volumes (>105db). "

This is a typical description of horn systems, but is not necessarily limited to horns only.  Just that horns are capable of tremendously loud sounds before dying.

Here is a simple test to try out.

Crank them up until they reach the offending loudness, then walk into an adjacent room to listen.  If the shrillness goes away in the other room, the problem was not the speaker.  Quite possibly your EARS doing the distortion from sheer overload.

And room problems may as well do the same number on your ears.  Many possible reasons besides the speaker itself.

Don't get me wrong since the speaker might actually be the culprit.

• Moderators

Pros: They sound incredible and look great. If you look at what you typically pay for Klipsch that are 10-20 years old you'd probably pay 10x that amount for new speakers from other brands that still probably won't sound as good.

Cons: Thanks to this forum you'll never be satisfied with what you get. You'll always want bigger, better, LOUDER! [:)]

that's about right

That's why I said if you are not in a hurry to make a purchase you should read a little on the forum before you make your decision.

Although, that probably won't help the con part. Dtel and I have four Forte IIs, two Fortes, two Cornwall III's and a sub. That's nine speakers in our "family room"....and...are still wanting to purchase more Klipsch speakers.

We both would like at least one pair of Heresies and of course a pair of Khorns!!! Let's see....a couple of Belle's, a couple of Chorus...well you get the point.

Welcome to the forum darkninja..

If you are not in a hurry to make a purchase may we suggest you to stick around the forum for a little while before making any decisions.

Either way BUY KLIPSCH!! It's a great company, that produces great speakers.

Excellent advice there.

Wow really it has all those features.Hmm...and isn't like pioneer a more respected name than onkyo?

Ok so you guys are helping me,but now I have to do more research.lol Harman/Kardon,Outlaw,and Pioneer.Those are what i've been hearing thrown around the most.I will have to check their specs. Thanks, I want a top of the line reciever without having to spend 3000$ or 10,000$ on it. Budget like 1200$ sounds alot better to me.I do want to run an entire RF-82 system on it,maybe even up to seven channels.So i'll check your reccomends out.

Wow really it has all those features.Hmm...and isn't like pioneer a more respected name than onkyo?

Ok so you guys are helping me,but now I have to do more research.lol Harman/Kardon,Outlaw,and Pioneer.Those are what i've been hearing thrown around the most.I will have to check their specs. Thanks, I want a top of the line reciever without having to spend 3000$ or 10,000$ on it. Budget like 1200$ sounds alot better to me.I do want to run an entire RF-82 system on it,maybe even up to seven channels.So i'll check your reccomends out.

1200 gives you alot of choices, heck you can even get into some pre/pro with that pricetag. Also do you have your speakers yet cause I know a dealer that has rockbottom prices.

Also the pioneer 1016 and the pioneer elite 80 I believe are identical models...... just like some lexus and toyota are the same car.... they both are great but you get 90% of the technology and stuff and pay half the cost for the 1016.

Also the denon 2807 is nice

yamaha vsx are also nice. it depends goto a dealer or pm me about the dealer that worked with me.

Pro: Power, clarity, don't need a monstrous amp, lasts a long friggin time (15 years with my dinky 2.2kgs, and they still kick ***), good for all types of music, used Heritage usually a great value that can't be touched.

Con: They can be BIG - a la Khorns and Cornwalls, new top of the line models are kinda pricey, Synergy series cheapened the name, Klipsch spending too much time and energy on HT (my opinion), some people run great Klipsch speakers with lesser components like HK, Onkyo, etc. (again, my opinion).

• Moderators

Good post ibanezhater, welcome to the forum.

Yes, some of the speakers can be big, but with a little thought and planning they can be worked into a room.

Dtel has owned numerous brands of speakers in the twenty eight years we have been married. I have to admit that I really didn't like the fact that most of those speakers "were too big".

After all of the "big" speakers, we decided to purchase Klipsch Synergy SB3, SC1 and SS1, which when we compared the Synergy to other speakers in the same price range, Synergy outperformed all others, in our opinion. The Synergy speakers were our introduction to Klipsch.

Shortly thereafter we purchased the two pair of Forte II's, a pair of Fortes and the DIY sub. Then...we won the Cornwall III's (see "Pics of dtel's Cornwalls", in the Pilgramage section of the Forum). That makes eight "big" speakers, and a sub...couldn't be happier to have all nine of them in our family room.

Three of the Fortes are mounted on the rear wall, two Fortes are in the front corners, mounted about 40 inches from the floor and inverted, (for proper horn placement), one Forte(center) sits atop the entertainment center which surrounds the 65 inch television, sub is the L corner (under the L-front Forte) and the Cornwall III's (reserved primarily for two channel) are placed to either side of the entertainment center. Risers were removed from all Forte's and proper protection afforded for the two that are inverted (to prevent tops from being scratched).

The best part is...we don't tell visitors to our home how many speakers are in the family room, until they have "listened" for a while. When we tell them there are nine speakers, they look at us like we are crazy and start counting to see if we are lying!!!

I guess what I am trying to say is dollar for dollar, speaker for speaker, it is hard to beat a Klipsch, regardless of the "negatives" Of course, that is just my opinion.

Again, welcome to the Forum. We hope you stick around and visit the "Nut Hut" often.[;)]