GOOD GOD, SOMEONE TALK ME OUT OF THIS ONE....

Gilbert

Scott0527.............Rock Hard Skull, really..................If it's not bought for it's Audio capabilities, what is it you are collecting......DUST ? Do you buy it then hang it on the wall ? Put it away and save it ? Do you really have that much money ? No one on this forum is going to buy that amp, it's all talk, so what's the point ? Are you going to buy it ? What's the point of Rock Hard Skull?.................Me, I rather buy McIntosh anyway, and I do realize that Marantz bought out McIntosh......................[;)]

Oh hush-up you old koot. Go drive your porche on the limit,..... ooops, you can't do that on US Highways. You fool you, ya done went and purchased a car with capabilities you will never ever be able to fully appreciate and enjoy. Should have gotten a Yugo, and saved yourself $50,000.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those things are gorgeous, they look like they'd put that poor little 8b to shame, and then some. What is so special about the Marantz 9's, why do they command such a price?

How often do they pop up? I think for something like that, I had better start going to some of these estate auctions they have around the old oil barron houses near downtown Tulsa. I've heard stories, and even went to a house, but when I saw the number of cars there, I decided not to bother. Any ideas where to find that kind of gear? I can't imagine someone selling that kind of gear on epay.

Good looking 9's are getting rare. 5 years ago, $10 grand would have bought a pretty decent pair. Now it's $17K to $20K. Back when Allan owned them, he probably sold them for a couple hundred each! I'm on the hunt for some 9's someday. I need a pair to mate up with my audio consolettes. Not that cheapo low budget Marantz Model 7.

Now that is the cat's meow..... Wow Scott, I love that beast.

post-12381-13819321217716_thumb.jpg

Hey Travis! This past weekend was my first off since late September. My girlfriend and I were behind you a few weeks on our way back from The County Line. I didn't realize it was you until you pulled into your subdivision. I still have your Zeppelin DVD. We should hook up soon.

Scott0527.............Rock Hard Skull, really..................If it's not bought for it's Audio capabilities, what is it you are collecting......DUST ? Do you buy it then hang it on the wall ? Put it away and save it ? Do you really have that much money ? No one on this forum is going to buy that amp, it's all talk, so what's the point ? Are you going to buy it ? What's the point of Rock Hard Skull?.................Me, I rather buy McIntosh anyway, and I do realize that Marantz bought out McIntosh......................[;)]

Oh hush-up you old koot. Go drive your porche on the limit,..... ooops, you can't do that on US Highways. You fool you, ya done went and purchased a car with capabilities you will never ever be able to fully appreciate and enjoy. Should have gotten a Yugo, and saved yourself $50,000.

Save myself $50,000...................What a laugh.....Old Koot......I didn't start this thread, You did. .................Capabilities you will never ever be able to fully appreciate and enjoy.. That's a real good one. You need to get out of the cities more often.................The Porsche is about handling, not speed...come up here to the Adirondacks , no different than the mountain roads of Germany, Yes, I've been to Germany........You throw figures around of what I paid for a car.............And you don't have a clue what I paid, don't want to BRAG what I paid for a classic Porsche, like some brag about what they pay for Audio Gear here on this forum...............You fool you, YUP........ and I think about being so foolish every time I go through the gears..........Boy oh boy, can I feel the love or what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "Good God, Someone talk me out of this one", more of a thread than I bargained for.

ANYBODY HERE WIN THAT POWER AMP ?????????

Okay, okay.... calm down you old koot! [;)]. FYI, I am country boy, pure country. I hate the city and city life.

As for throwing figures around,.. well, certainly no more than what you are doing by stating limits or degrees of cost that members on an audio forum should place on audio gear purchases.

As for cars, you don't want to go there with me. I know cars pretty well. No, I don't know what model porche you have, but I've heard you tout about it on more than one occassion and on more than one forum. Besides, I couldn't be too far off, unless were talking about a collector version, or your car's a turbo, or it's just a beater high mileage porche. In any event, I think you got the point regarding your arrogant opinons concerning the limits people should pay for audio gear.

Now go find yer'self a 60% steep declining grade that approaches a 10 mph curve w/o guardrails and take it at 80mph. Then come back and tell me you've pushed your porche's limits. Adirondacks or not, I know you have not pushed the limits of that car. Not on city/county/or mountainous roads. If you ever make it down Tulsa way, please send me an email. I would love to personally take you for a mountain ride in my car.[:D] [+o(]. Then, I will treat you to a first class meal afterwards. Feel the warmth, and the love. [;)].

Take care geezer

Here you go Gilberto[;)]

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pair-Of-Rare-Marantz-Model-9-Amplifiers-Exc-Condition_W0QQitemZ130068257859QQihZ003QQcategoryZ50593QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

A little pricy for all those smudges on the faceplates[:o]<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I just made him an offer, but a frightfully low one though. The condition of the offer was money in hand, with personal pick up only.

Gilbert Bud, get your facts straight...............You have never seen me post on another forum, never. This is the only forum worthy of my arrogant attitude and opinions. I stated many times how a man spends his money isn't my business, and I didn't tell anyone NOT to buy it, I just stated I wouldn't....................Now you talk about arrogant, what is with taking a 60% grade stuff you wrote............That to me sounds like you want me to kill myself, because that's what would happen. Who are you kidding, you could do that????? Again Bud, You started this thread, qoute;"Good God, Someone Talk Me Out Of This One"............Gee, guess I failed.........HUH ????????

ANYBODY HERE WIN THAT POWER AMP ?????????

No, I wish, but too think the Marantz #-series are way over-rated

But I DID manage to win THIS one though..

1961 Harman Kardon A-260 integrated amplifier

Tube compliment : 2 x 12AX7 > 2 x 12AU7 > 2 x 7247 > 4 x 6L6GC ,

IMO it's kind of a a poor man's MC-240, and the iron is decent but certainly not as substantial as the McIntosh- but I've always been a fan of the lowly 6L6GC "geeetar tube"

(But my ultimate plan is to alter the plate voltage/cathode load to allow it to run either a quad of 350B or maybe KT66s in push pull)

Hope it doesnt need too much work, still need to find a schematic...

WopOnTour

post-19879-13819321225256_thumb.jpg

Mike, what the helll is that avistar of yours. I've been trying to figure out if it's a turd or a brown termite with 4 legs. [:D]

Geezer, I am not trying to do you in, I wouldn't want that at all. Your opinion is okay with me, it's not worth much here, but it's certainly welcome. And by the way, the "General Discussions" section is another forum in itself. Take care, have a hot totty and enjoy that fine Realistic 2 channel system of yours. And for what it's worth, I'm dead serious about my offer for a mountain ride, I'll show you how to make a set of ultra high performance tires cryout in pain as we drift around a tightass turn,.... all while jambing to zepplin's Going To California.

post-12381-13819321239826_thumb.jpg

Mike, what the helll is that avistar of yours. I've been trying to figure out if it's a turd or a brown termite with 4 legs. [:D]

Geezer, I am not trying to do you in, I wouldn't want that at all. Your opinion is okay with me, it's not worth much here, but it's certainly welcome. And by the way, the "General Discussions" section is another forum in itself. Take care, have a hot totty and enjoy that fine Realistic 2 channel system of yours. And for what it's worth, I'm dead serious about my offer for a mountain ride, I'll show you how to make a set of ultra high performance tires cryout in pain as we drift around a tightass turn,.... all while jambing to zepplin's Going To California.

I would rather Jam to Zep's Rock and Roll, my self, althought Going to California is a favorite also...................Don't care how much my opinion worth.......doesn't matter on an open forum..........Again I venture where I don't belong..............I have no business being on this type of forum, I am so unschooled in the world of Audio..............Please forgive my ignorance, I am sorry I don't agree with everybody, everytime, on everything, I don't know how I could be that arrogant.....................Silly Me !!!!!!!.......

I would rather Jam to Zep's Rock and Roll, my self, althought Going to California is a favorite also...................Don't care how much my opinion worth.......doesn't matter on an open forum..........Again I venture where I don't belong..............I have no business being on this type of forum, I am so unschooled in the world of Audio..............Please forgive my ignorance, I am sorry I don't agree with everybody, everytime, on everything, I don't know how I could be that arrogant.....................Silly Me !!!!!!!.......

I enjoy your opinions.Shoot! With 4000 posts,you must know something.How about Skynard instead of Zepplin?

Larry