GOOD GOD, SOMEONE TALK ME OUT OF THIS ONE....

Gilbert

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=009&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=190069757143&rd=1&rd=1

I can't stand it, she just looks too beautiful. I've already contacted the owner and it's legit. He'll even let me pick her up locally. OMG.... Help Me! I want a vintage Marantz system, and this is just too good to let go. Cash only sale too, so I know the paypal credit card kids won't be competeting. OMG

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't do it Gilbert. You don't want a 2nd-owner piece of equipment, you want it only from the original owner.

"I have gone the low power SET route"--Boy will he regret this move. You should hope that he doesn't come to his senses before the auction is over.

Don't do it Gilbert. You don't want a 2nd-owner piece of equipment, you want it only from the original owner.

"I have gone the low power SET route"--Boy will he regret this move once he regains his senses.

I hear that, he told me it was a spare of the moment decision, and know's he'll regret it later down the road. CRAIG, keep your fingers crossed, because she'll be comming your way in a couple of months... if I'm lucky.

Oh Paul, I can't stand it... she's just sooooo perrrrrfect.

post-12381-13819321156486_thumb.jpg

Gilbert,

Oh boy I love the 8B but don't you have enough buns in the oven? Hold out and get some of the Marantz mono blocks. If you buy the 8B you will just be thinking in the back of your mind...what if I got some model 2 or 5 or 9 monos. Ask Allan Songer or Guy Landau which are the absolute best Marantz amps. I know your a nothing but the best kind of guy.

Craig

The Marantz gear would look great painted black. You might have to paint over the original lettering but most of it isn't really necessary anyway.

Egads, man...that would be a sacrilege; are you mad?

C'mon, Gilly, whaddaya waitin' for? Just do it...now before you regret it.

$6,700.........for pre-owned Marantz power amp............as is ??? Forgive my ignorance............are you guys crazy? Isn't that alot of money for a power amp.................I guess it's equipment like that, that serates the men from the boys................I don't understand what makes that piece of equipment so expensive..............How much better can it sound? You still need a pre amp too, don't you?..........Out of my league...$6,700....unreal.......

Craig is right, ..... I do have too many irons in the fire. And it looks like my VRD's will be ready to go very very very soon. By the end of this week in fact.

When I do build my vintage Marantz system..... which are the cream of the crop Tube Amps to go for. The Pre and Tuner I have in mind are the 7C and 10B, respectively.

From my limited knowledge of these things, I have discovered that the Marantz 9 mono blocks are the babys to get. But what do these buggers sell for. Consider a pair in excellent to pristine condition.

$6,700.........for pre-owned Marantz power amp............as is ??? Forgive my ignorance............are you guys crazy? Isn't that alot of money for a power amp.................I guess it's equipment like that, that serates the men from the boys................I don't understand what makes that piece of equipment so expensive..............How much better can it sound? You still need a pre amp too, don't you?..........Out of my league...$6,700....unreal.......

Your right...it's a sickness...uncureable.

I just bought a Mcintosh MC-2000 for a little more than that.  Now, I have to find a matching pre-amp.

There were only 525 or so MC-2000's ever made.