OT: I'm going on a beer only diet.

sputnik

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

flannj..................GREAT PICTURE.......everytime I answer you the thread gets pulled, think it will be different this time ???????????

LOL - Not every time OB, just enough to keep it interesting. I think we play pretty well together. Let's not tempt Amy on this one though.

- Jim

Stay off the beer......get off your lazy butttttts get out there and do the 5 mile run Be a man not a wuss. your body and heart needs the excersize. Diets are a lazy way to propper fitness. If you have a Y with a indoor pool that will take the pounds off ,,,Swim every morning. Now get out there & hit the bricks you lazy putts.

No need,they are naturally. Of course the Vodka or Gin is another matter, but Olives are AOK.

How Many Calories Can You Fit Into One Olive?
Not as many as you think! We'd like to let you in on a secret. Olives are a great choice for a low-calorie snack or recipe ingredient. They add flavor and variety with only seven calories per extra large olive (21 calories per serving). Recent research reveals that many consumers think black ripe olives have more than twice the number of calories than they actually have. They're wrong.

How California Ripe Olives Stack Up to the Snack Competition

California Ripe Olives

4 Large (15 grams)

25 calories, 2.5 gms fat

Cheddar Cheese

1 ounce

115 calories, 9 gms fat

Crackers: Party Mix

1/2 cup

300 calories, 22 gms fat

Low-Fat Yogurt

6 ounces

200 calories, 3 gms fat

Mixed Nuts

1/2 cup

400 calories, 35 gms fat

Large Apple

120 calories, 0 gms fat

Air-Popped Popcorn

2 cups

60 calories, 0 gms fat

Tortilla Chips

20 chips

180 calories, 10 gms fat

Just finished breakfast on Day 1. I tore the sudoku puzzle out of the paper so that I can make sure that all of my weight loss will not be due to killing brain cells. I figure that if I can still solve the Sunday sudoku puzzle (the hardest one of the week) in a reasonable time, there was no harm done. Beer for breakfast may sound like a good idea but honestly, it took a while to get it down. On the plus side though, prep and clean-up were a snap.

post-17394-13819321190996_thumb.jpg

Stay off the beer......get off your lazy butttttts get out there and do the 5 mile run Be a man not a wuss. your body and heart needs the excersize. Diets are a lazy way to propper fitness. If you have a Y with a indoor pool that will take the pounds off ,,,Swim every morning. Now get out there & hit the bricks you lazy putts.

Thank you for your kind concern but in the interest of science, I need to take this one step at a time. The question here is not strictly one of fitness. Granted, I got out of my normal exercise routine during my holiday gluttony and that may have helped me put on a few pounds. I'm still pretty fit though and fairly active. I'll resume my normal exercise next week, but for now, the only energy I intend to burn are the ten or so calories it takes to warm up a cold beer to body temperature after I drink it.

A couple problems just came up. I need to have lunch with a client tomorrow. Would I be cheating on the beer diet if I just had a salad? Also, we might have to go skiing this weekend - that blows my commitment to not exercising. It's hard to stick to a diet.

Sputnik, I am with ya on the beer diet. The weekend before last I snagged this off of craigs list. It will hold 3 commercial kegs or 12 of my 5 gallon kegs of home brew. Right now I have a Rogue Brewery "Dead Guy Ale" clone, a Belgium Pale Ale and a Holiday Ale similar to Anchor's offering from this year. My IPA keg kicked the weekend before last so I need to get brewing. NOTE that those nasty Bud and Miller tap handles are long gone.

I suggest you send your "left over" cases my way and I will keep them nice and cool for you. Just let me know when you want them back and I will remove that annoying liquid in them to save you on the postage.

BTW HT fans the door to the right is the door to the theater. Not a far walk if you get thirsty during a movie. Quite frankly I think a stainless steel keg cooler is way better then a popcorn machine

post-16462-13819321192346_thumb.jpg

1] There was a news report on the net lately about a man in Las Vegas (I think) whose house was full of empty beer cans - tens of thousands! He had been drinking a can of beer every waking hour for many years and was as skinny as a rail. Beer was his exclusive diet.

2] Don't worry about killing brain cells. The ones that die are the ones that are weak and feeble. Killing them off makes the average of your cells increase in performance. This is just like predators killing off the weaklings of a heard which makes the remaining heard stronger, and this explains why you feel smarter after a few beers. Biologists tell us that we naturally lose about 100K brain cells each day post puberty and that in the course of a long life this adds up to about a 4% total loss because you start with so many. It only makes sense to make sure that the daily loss is comprised of the slow and stupid brain cells by drinking beer each day.

SPUTNIK....Don't give up now! Your my hero....take a deep breath.....

OK...It's ok to have a sensable salad for lunch, consider aqua dressing. Also pound a few immediatly after that horrible salad.

As for the skiing, please consider snow tubing. minimal exertion involved. Remember, always use the people mover!

Don't let anyone crush your spirits about that snake oil exercise crap....

I am your chearleader...Sputnik, Sputnick, he's our man, if he can't drink it no one can!!!!

Thanks for the support. I'll have to see this through now. I just had a Coors and it didn't hit me as hard as the Corona did this morning. I'll knock back the second one in a little while. I'm thinking of picking a malt liquor for desert tonight. Pauln's brain cell survival theory makes a lot of sense, maybe this diet will improve my sudoku puzzle solution time.

rplace..............What the dog had a liquid lunch ?????????

No he was just taking a break from shooting pool. Sputnik, perhaps you need a light like the one below over you kitchen table to both enspire your drinking and help light up the puzzle.

post-16462-13819321193856_thumb.jpg