OT: I'm going on a beer only diet.

sputnik

Well, I just went through the last of the Christmas candy today (they weren't even the good ones, just the reject pieces that had already been picked over.) It was a disgusting display on my part and I'm feeling a bit remorseful and puffy. We had a lot of company through the holidays and I pretty much pigged out. Lots of rich food. If I saw it, I ate it and washed it down with egg nog. Looks like I put on almost ten pounds and went up a belt notch in a pretty short amount of time. About all that's left of the holiday goodies are 4 cases of beer and a few bottles of wine.

Beer is filling, right? I drank a lot of beer in college and never got fat. I also have to get rid of all this beer somehow and the Superbowl is a ways off yet. So, why not just go on a beer diet for a few days to break my feeding frenzy and transition back to normal (non holiday) eating habits next week. I figure a bottle of beer has anywhere from 180 to 250 calories, so five or six beers a day is anywhere from 900 to 1,500 calories per day. That's about right for a diet, right? It might sound stupid at first but think I've heard of a beer diet somewhere before so this should work.

Here's my plan. I drink one beer (probably a Corona) for breakfast, two beers (Coors) for lunch, and two beers (probably a Becks and a Moosehead) for dinner and that leaves another beer (perhaps a microbrew) for a free snack. I don't want to be impaired [;)], so I'll space out the lunch beers by at least a half an hour (it's Coors anyway, so not much to worry about). I don't want to get dehydated either, so I'll drink a lot of water too. I'll take a vitamin supplement as well. Work isn't too demanding right now and I don't have to be on the road so it's a perfect time to do some nutritional research.

Jenny Craig, Weight Watchers and South Beach? Those are diets for slappy little Nancy boys. A beer diet is a man's diet. Wish me luck, I'm starting the regimen tomorrow .

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would not doubt that in at least some ways I am a Nancy boy, but I don't take offense to that. [:)] I am doing a sushi diet right now, edamame, sushi, ginger salad. It so healthy and full of protein.

Last year I did a beer diet sort of thing, only it was vodka. Didn't lose any weight but I was sure talkative with all of those redbul vodkas!

Don't forget your fiber. Beer and Metamucil is all you need.

Metamucil,ah thanks this is what I need to be a more regular...forum poster these days.

Beer diets I know a few not far from me who live on beer diets,we call them up here les GROSSE BEDAINE. They wear sneakers,and drag a Molson or Labatt case of 24 each morning home! The high life

I would not doubt that in at least some ways I am a Nancy boy, but I don't take offense to that. [:)] I am doing a sushi diet right now, edamame, sushi, ginger salad. It so healthy and full of protein.

Last year I did a beer diet sort of thing, only it was vodka. Didn't lose any weight but I was sure talkative with all of those redbul vodkas!

My last trip to Las Vegas was filled with to many Redbull's & vodka.

MOOSEHEAD...the best beer on the face of the earth. trust me, i just finished six of them.

good call. my suggestion--ditch the coors.

i have a relative that is a former professional athlete, he and his teammates drank guiness (sp) . it is low in carbs and calories. personally, i can't stand the taste. at my daughters wedding reception, we had a keg of moosehead, a keg of guiness, a keg of michelob, and a keg of bud light. (i was opposed to buying bud lite, but gave in).

good luck with the diet--if you need a dieting partner, give me a call.

Well, I just went through the last of the Christmas candy today (they weren't even the good ones, just the reject pieces that had already been picked over.) It was a disgusting display on my part and I'm feeling a bit remorseful and puffy. We had a lot of company through the holidays and I pretty much pigged out. Lots of rich food. If I saw it, I ate it and washed it down with egg nog. Looks like I put on almost ten pounds and went up a belt notch in a pretty short amount of time. About all that's left of the holiday goodies are 4 cases of beer and a few bottles of wine.

Beer is filling, right? I drank a lot of beer in college and never got fat. I also have to get rid of all this beer somehow and the Superbowl is a ways off yet. So, why not just go on a beer diet for a few days to break my feeding frenzy and transition back to normal (non holiday) eating habits next week. I figure a bottle of beer has anywhere from 180 to 250 calories, light beers are 200-300 calories...... regular beer is like 400-500, and microbrews can be up to 600 or 700 calories. Remember it takes alot of barley and hops to make beer and barley is calorie ridden but as my college orientation on alcohol told us, its empty calories meaning those calories turn into fat and does not turn really into energy as easily as say a slice or bread or such. so five or six beers a day is anywhere from 900 to 1,500 calories per day. That's about right for a diet, right? It might sound stupid at first but think I've heard of a beer diet somewhere before so this should work.

Here's my plan. I drink one beer (probably a Corona) for breakfast, two beers (Coors) for lunch, and two beers (probably a Becks and a Moosehead) for dinner and that leaves another beer (perhaps a microbrew) for a free snack. I don't want to be impaired [;)], so I'll space out the lunch beers by at least a half an hour (it's Coors anyway, so not much to worry about). I don't want to get dehydated either, so I'll drink a lot of water too. I'll take a vitamin supplement as well. Work isn't too demanding right now and I don't have to be on the road so it's a perfect time to do some nutritional research.

Jenny Craig, Weight Watchers and South Beach? Those are diets for slappy little Nancy boys. A beer diet is a man's diet. Wish me luck, I'm starting the regimen tomorrow .

btw I did a 30 pack in one day spaced out.... about two beers every hour you are awake, that is not so bad.....