OT: Anyone going to AudioKarma Fest 2007

Piranha

Hey Tom,

I drove from Cheyenne to Detroit last year and partook in the AK fest with Craig, Audio Flynn, Dean, Parrot and a bunch of other really cool dudes. That audio show is a great time. Rosalie and I are planning on going to Chicago, by train in July, to listen to jazz and blues for a week or 2. I am still up in the air on whether to go to AK Fest or to Indy for the pilgrimage.

Coytee-----It's the way drivers in Ohio bunch up, this seems to be caused by the fascistic speed enforcement policies of the state cops. Illinois is flatter than Ohio but a drive from Chicago to Cairo goes by pretty good because in Illinois you can ROLL. Same with Indiana, you can roll there too.

Patrick, AK Fest does sound like fun.

I wonder if any of the WI, IL or IN boys will be going? I will likely go.

Klipsch is an exhibitor I presume?

Tom,

Klipsch was not there last year. In fact the reason I went was for the friendships rather than the gear. AK Fest seems to have more members rooms than vendors rooms. Craig was there to work last year and I respect his business but after hours time was sure a blast.

Patrick, AK Fest does sound like fun.

I wonder if any of the WI, IL or IN boys will be going? I will likely go.

Klipsch is an exhibitor I presume?

Tom,

Klipsch was not there last year. In fact the reason I went was for the friendships rather than the gear. AK Fest seems to have more members rooms than vendors rooms. Craig was there to work last year and I respect his business but after hours time was sure a blast.

Hmmmm.....I wonder why Klipsch didn't/doesn't go? Weren't McIntosh and Manley there last year? Seems to me that if McIntosh goes then it must be worthwile for vendors.

• 2 weeks later...

Cool, I see Marantz and Mac will be there this year. Patrick, are you going again?

Curious to see if any of you WI, OH, IL, MI guys going? boomac, j-malotky, damonrpayne, smilin, Parrot, DeanG, picky, Audio Flynn? garymd, what about you? I am considering going, what do you think? Craig? [<:o)]

Too bad Klipsch isn't going. [:(] Or are they?

I'm considering attending this year. I feel I really missed-out by not going last year. I live only a few miles away from the fest. Perhaps, some of you guys would like to stop by our place for a demo while you are out here? Patrick almost made it last over year but there were too many other things going on. I happen to know that he had a blast.

This year, the whole thing for me depends on whether or not we have my wife's brother and sister in-law visiting at that time. They're from Alaska and make an annual visit here in the winter for about 4 weeks. If they are here, I'll be too tied up with other activities to attend. I would not ask them to attend with me as they are not into the whole audio thing. I'll have to let you know what I decide later. -Glenn