JBL 2404H phasing

IB Slammin

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hope no one minds if I ask an off topic and unrelated queston.

Rob,

How do they sound?

tc

Slammin'...

Well, I think that they sound great (that is both sides with a 2404). Of course, my hearing is pretty much shot either by (1) covering my ears and repeating "nah, nah, nah, nah...", or (2) living 67 years (!)

Really, the TADs go all the way to 7500Hz in my set-up, so there's not really all that much heavy lifting for the tweeters to do.

• 5 months later...

Can someone help me with a basic understanding..... I have the 2404's perched atop the khorns running to a stock AK-3 x-over. On the back of the JBLs, there's a black colored plug and a red. I have my red wire on the red plug running to the red spot on the ak-3 (where the red on k77m was) and of course black to black. Is that wrong?

(EDIT: I don't think these are the "H" type. I think).

If I'm not mistaken black is positive on JBL drivers.

Actually Lisa the frequency wavelengths of the tweeter's output is less than 3" so it would be very easy to put them in or out of phase with the midrange just by moving them slightly or moving your listening location so at that frequency range it is going to be pretty hard to hear if they are in phase or out with the midrange especially with the steeper tweeter rolloff of the AK-3 network also.

You might play some 1/3rd octave band pink noise around the 4kHz to 6kHz range while you are at your most critical listening position and see if you have a preference but remember once you move off this axis anything goes.

mike tn[:)]

If I'm not mistaken black is positive on JBL drivers.

mike tn[:)]

Yep Mike is exactly correct. This is discussed earlier in this thread.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Rob

Yes black is positive on most of the JBL,,,,,EXCEPT on the new present day drivers and woofers....They finally made the changeover to the world norm configuration......Confusing??? remember the house wireing uses black as hot,,,so JBL back then thought there drivers should do the same...Thats where the confusion started...But of course all of California is confused. (like Quebec)., There alter eago.

Yes black is positive on most of the JBL,,,,,EXCEPT on the new present day drivers and woofers....They finally made the changeover to the world norm configuration......Confusing??? remember the house wireing uses black as hot,,,so JBL back then thought there drivers should do the same...Thats where the confusion started...But of course all of California is confused. (like Quebec)., There alter eago.

Being a Quebecois transplanted to Detroit, would the two cancel each other out if I moved to California??

You need more than an engineering degree to hang a painting.....you also need to get a degree in the fine arts to make sure you understand how the aesthetics are influenced by your culture and how it will influence the future of our culture.

Now THAT is funny!

I hope no offence was made to a Quebecois....I made a visit out to a California restraurant asked for a dozen shrimp, the waitress didnt know what a "dozen" ment.

Funnier yet. No offense at all. I'm like Don Rickles I poke fun at everyone, including myself. Maybe it's the same waitress from Montreal who was asked "Do you have frog legs?" she says, "No I always walk like this."