who makes the warmest sounding solid state amps?

jrios212

in you're opinion who makes the warmest sounding amplifiers?  in about 6 months i'll need to purchase a 5 channel amp and i'm thinking i'd like to go for something warm.

any suggestions on stuff i should try to check out?  my budget will be about $1000 and i'd like to get something that excels at music.  i'm willing to buy used as well.

thanks,
jacob 

in you're opinion who makes the warmest sounding amplifiers? in about 6 months i'll need to purchase a 5 channel amp and i'm thinking i'd like to go for something warm.

any suggestions on stuff i should try to check out? my budget will be about $1000 and i'd like to get something that excels at music. i'm willing to buy used as well.

thanks,

jacob

Jacob,

Though I have not tried one of their 5-channel amps, I have owned several Classe 2-channel amps, and they always sounded surprisingly warm and lush for a solid state design. Within your price range, however, I'd say have a look at amps from Audio Refinement, Arcam, NAD, Parasound, and Rotel, all worthy candidates for a 5-channel system.

William

WPM----You know the joke with the punchline ----"Me? You're the guy with the dirty pictures" ;-)

You're a good sport. What kind of car?

No offense taken. The dash shot is from a 2005 Ferrari 575 Maranello.

William

• 3 weeks later...

does this seem like a good amp? has anyone heard it? i feel like it would be a good match with my rb-75s.

http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?ampsmult&1175802022

jacob

http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?ampsmult&1175802022 Parasound...........? never heard that particular amp, someone else did recomend parasound....GOODLUCK. I have bought a couple times from Audiogon without a problem.