Come on you Panty Waist...

thebes

Interesting idea, Thebes. I've been saving this sealed LP for some years now. It just doesn't seem right not to share its opening with a Lithuanian, though, or a kankles fan. I'm not worried about halving its value--I can afford to lose 15 cents--but it just seems selfish somehow.

You could share its opening with me, as I am full quarter Lithuanian by decent, via my grandmother on my mother's side!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AF- you are da man! Someone has to devirginize that vinyl and might as well be you.

With all the vinyl GaryMD has shipped me over the past year or two, here is the only truly factory sealed item I could find. Hope it's not worth a lot on the market but HERE GOES.

[slitting the plastic wrapper]

It's Funk & Wagnalls Family Library of Great Music No. 7

Tchaikovsky's Piano Concerto No1 and Nutcracker Suite (can't go wrong) 1966 Fabbri Music

(Inset photo is the album edge, with intact wrapper--ooooooo)

Michael Ponti on piano-anybody know much about this pianist? Pretty energetic playing style. Great dynamics on the LS, although I have to really crank it when playing the Thorens.

Ponti is remembered fondly by a generation of music lovers for his
wide-ranging recordings of the unknown romantic repertoire. He recorded
a series of concertos, many of which had never been recorded before and
some, indeed, unrecorded since, by such composers as Ignaz Moscheles, Charles-Valentin Alkan, Sigismund Thalberg, Moritz Moszkowski and Hans Bronsart von Schellendorf. He also recorded the piano music of Scriabin,
much of which was otherwise unavailable. His output amounts to over 80
discs. His playing had a verve and technical virtuosity that well
suited this romantic repertoire.

post-10755-13819321491936_thumb.jpg

I agree with Max. Another reason is that I have seen shrink wrap continue to shrink over time, which will eventually warp the record(and for sure malforms the jacket), which kind of defeats the purpose of not opening it and playing it right away. I submit that you Thebes, are the panty waist for owning sealed records, Ha!

Some time ago Fini had come across a box of operas and such which he was kind enough to send to me. There were 25 box sets in all of which 2 were sealed. I had planned to keep the Norma/Callas sealed - but that lasted a week. Sadly it was a dreadful condition record (despite being sealed) of a poor recording of a not great performance. Can't win em all.

Max, you can return that LP for a full refund. I wonder if it fell overboard on the way to Greece?

I did rip open a Bruce Springstein (sp) Born in the USA. We did a "LP" or "CD" test using only 2 channel from a pair of Cornwalls. Most said they could tell a difference and picked the LP sound over the CD. My storage location is not handy for fast and easy record playing (wife said, "put them in the closet"} So we do not do much spinning any more.

"So - having got all that off my chest - am I OK to continue rummaging through my wife's drawers for lacey underwear?

Thebes? Thebes? Why are you running away.....?"

Oh Max, Max, Max. Ever since the Profumo Affair it's been
common knowledge around the world that all Brits are a bit sexualy
bent. Then you up and move to Greeece a country where traditional
dances are performned only by men and usually involve prancing around a
glass of ouzo placed on the floor, the idea to get as close to the
glass with your feet without knocking over the glass.

Now a real man would be sneaking a peek at the real goods to see
just how those lacy panties looked in action on on display.

Jeremey, you da man and so isThe Colterman. Of course you guys
may just be faking manly in order to cover up your obession with
crossdressing, but at this point I'm not being choosy.

I myself picked up two more of them today at my local Salvation
Army. Something called Brand X, "Is There Anything About" and
another by the same group called "Masques". I think I'll go with
the latter first.

Wonder where Pual is, probably listened to the lp and immediately headed out to a Kankle-fest.

All right ladies, which won of you is going to step up next and if
you've got a sealed lp of The Village People of Flashdance you're going
to have to do some very quick talking.

"Jeremey, you da man and so isThe Colterman. Of course you guys may just be faking manly in order to cover up your obession with crossdressing, but at this point I'm not being choosy.

I myself picked up two more of them today at my local Salvation Army. "

You picked up two more crossdressers at the local Salvation Army? You da man Thebes.

In honor of this thread, any time I violate the factory fresh seal of a virgin album, I will announce beforehand that I am going to kankle the album.

I'll let my wife know it's done in a combination of the spanking scene from "In Search of the Holy Grail," and youthful nights spent skanking around for lustful bar beauties. Kinda see what response THAT generates.

• 9 months later...

All right ladies this joints been entirely to staid lately. What's next a show tune thread?

Time to get a little testosterone going. I haven't shaved or showered today (0nce a week weather I need it or not). Feeling frisky. Slipped out of my tights and shed my ballerina shoes. Just ate a hank of something in the red meat family. Did a double, passed gas and belched at the same time. Got four boilermakers lined up on top of my turntable and I'm going to try to down them hands free while they whirl around. Wearing a baseball jersey (Go Yokohama Tigers!). My feat are up on the couch and I refuse to put the toilet seat down even if if one of The Twins goes "eek!" in the middle of the night and comes at me with fire in her eyes.

That's right I'm one mean male. I'm the Sixty Minute Man, no longer tied to the whipping post and you better know I'm bad to the bone.

What's that you say? How'd Thebes of all people, an urabane sensitive product of the late 20th century turn into some sort of run-a-monk cave man?

Well I've gone underground. Freed myself via the Vinyl Liberation Movement. You've read the previous posts. You've seen what the simple act of slicing open some pristine vinyl can do the Casper Milktoasts of the Forum. So join up, take off your training bras, slip out of your panties, stop twirling that parasol and start ripping apart some virgin vinyl.

I've got an even dozen sealed lps here and for everyone who joins me I'll rip open another one.

Just to show you that I'm serious, I'm starting off with a sealed Travelling Wilburry's volume 3. Yup, that's a meat clever in the pic. Fergetabout that sliding your ruby red nail polished fingernail down the seam. Go at it with some gusto.

So, in the immortal words of John Bulsuhi (Blutto Blutarski) in Animal House....

Let's Do It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

post-14801-13819349535548_thumb.jpg

Well, I'm sad to say I still haven't opened the Talking Heads, and have actually added another LP to the list... Rickie Lee Jones' Pop Pop on Geffen. This is the Alto pressing that I got from Gary (thank you Bro!), and I just saw one sell for $190 on eBay. As much as I want to open it (I love this album) I am holding out for a used pressing. Unfortunately, these don't show up too often so I'll give it 6 months or so, and if I can't snag one this one's coming out.

Also wanted to say hi to Marty! [:D]

Mike

Tomorrow I will open my copy of Pink Floyd Echoes. It's only because I want to hear Astronomy Domine on 180 gram virgin vinyl instead of my beat to sh!t 40 year old copy of A Nice Pair.

It'll be one of those times I wish I still fired up a doobie now and then.[H]