belle in the box!

steve hollowell

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a truck if you need a hand with them. Just give me a call. Bill 743-9490

That's a good idea Bill; I'll meet ya half way like before, and hold on to them for Treys cousin. Nothing too out of the way to help a relative a Trey. Hey hey hey, I'm a poet and didn't know it.

Just waiting on a call, we would be more than happy to help out if needed. Bill

Gilbert I let my buddy borrow the Cornwalls back in December to get a feel for them. I dont think he is going to give them back. They do sound sweet in the game room. Later Bill

I hear that, it's easy to get hooked on those classic looking, and more importantly, awsome sounding cornwalls.

• Moderators

Okay Steve, it's now Sunday. We want to see the pics and hear the story about the pickup. Oh yes, and your impression of those awesome Belles.

Your wife calling the owner was probably three fold: She does love you and was sick of "hearing your crap/whining" and probably wanted the speakers "in the house" as bad as you do.

Uh...I wonder if the third one didn't outweigh the first two.[;)]

Congratulations again.

Oh yes, Trey does have a huge extended family, but in this case it looks like "blood is thicker than water". We all can see who scored the new Belles in the box.[:D]

It is Sunday and I am reminded "All good things come to those who wait". Alas my contact had to go out of town Saturday and I'm still on hold.........However, famous last words were "Monday is my short day and we should be able to meet at my warehouse around noon".....so the saga continues!

Trey didn't turn me on to the speakers but if another pair were available he would be very interested! And as a side note my wife must love me because she is not only giving me the chance to upgrade my sound systrem, but I love guitars and in the last three years I've acquired a PRS Custom 22, a Les Paul Elegant Custom shop and my pride and joy a Rick Turner Model 1. Damn, I could have turned that money into these Belle's and a THX Ultra 2 for my home theater............ I guess live and learn is the rule of th day.

Thanks for your comments and a prayer would also be appreciated......I really want this deal to come thru.............

Steve

Short and not so sweet.........still no deal. The guy talks the talk but doesn't seem in any hurry to come through.....At this point I'm going to leave it alone for a week until I get off of vacation and see what develops. At that point I will be inclined to post his phone number to see how many of ya would like to enquire about a pair of speakers for a good deal in Arkansas.....Maybe jam his business with calls!!!!!!!! NOT THAT MY TEMPER IS GETTING SHORT! Actually I wouldn't do that, but this guy is getting to be very inconsiderate when he tells me when to call him, and then puts me off and willnot return my call.
Any way.......... Later
                                           Steve

It's just after 9:00 on Tuesday morning and the final{maybe} outcome follows:

the dude is to busy at this time and wants to wait until he opens his new store in about two months, I'm tired of his crap and am going to just go with some other options.......I'll call Trey later today and see if he wants me to contact the guy later for him, but the aggrevation doesn't seem to be worth the end result.....or I have finally reached my point of diminishing returns....I may be dumb to not wait him out but somtimes you do what you feel like you have to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Later.....

on probably another topic............

Steve

Steve,

Know how you feel.  Spent a few weeks dealing with 14 or so sellers who had the same mode of operation.  My basic take is some folks like running up a list of buyers, to determine who they can sell to at the highest price.  

You gave him your price.  Recommend you move on, and either you will find another deal, or that particular seller will call you if he is ever ready to move.

so true, it's time to move on..........how abot some La Scalla 2's........new in the box, but in this case they are new in the box............ thanks to the forum I got to vent my frustrations and it cost less than a shrink! I'll kick that money in on really NEW Speakers!

Thanks for the input..........

Steve

• Moderators

Steve,

I was beginning to wonder about this guy a while back when he kept putting you off.[:^)]

The folks on this Forum have a way of helping you work through your frustrations while you still keep a smile on your face. So...you did find all of us and that is something you didn't have before.[:D]

I was hoping the deal would work out for you. In my experience, sometimes when things are too good to be true, they usually are.

Maybe some NEW speakers in a box are what is really meant for you. Like I tell our girls, "If it's meant to be, it will happen".

Can't worry about the things you can't control. Look out there and see what's in your budget, since you have already allocated to funds to purchase speakers. There's probably something much better meant for you....like new Scala IIs.[:D] I have to say they did sound pretty awesome when we heard them in Hope.

Keep us updated and let us know what you decide to do.

• Moderators

so true, it's time to move on..........how abot some La Scalla 2's........new in the box, but in this case they are new in the box............ thanks to the forum I got to vent my frustrations and it cost less than a shrink! I'll kick that money in on really NEW Speakers!

Thanks for the input..........

Steve

Steve the LaScala II's sounded awesome when we auditioned them in Hope. Also the folks at the plant told us the walnut veneer they had for the LaScala II's was some of the finest they had seen in years. This was back in June of 2006. If you decide to buy new be sure and ask about the walnut.

Good luck.

• Moderators

To busy ? Just walk in there, he don't know what you look like. Act like a new customer looking around the store with $ to spend, bet he would have time to spend with you then. After about ten minutes tell him who you are, see what kind of excuse he has then.

Actually they just came in and I got first shot so it looks like the middle of next week. They have the walnut veneer, the only kicker is 175 lbs., thank the Lord they are at least in four boxes and I have a stout son to help.......once everything gets set I will be proud to post some pictures.........

Later,

Steve (a very happy boy) Hollowell