New addition to the family

Spongeworthy

Hey Chuck,

Not sure exactly what I'm going to do at this point! I've always wanted a pair of Cornwalls. These showed up locally, so I decided to buy them and work out the details later. I wouldn't say mint but they are in really nice shape for their age. The tops and sides are near perfect, but a few chips/dings on the front.

I bought them from an older gentlemen whose wife made him get rid of them (wives are great in that regard). We spent a couple of hours listening to some great music and you could tell it was just killing him to sell them. That's one thing this hobby has done for me is allowed me to meet some really great people and get a taste of some different music too.

I'll be down this weekend for sure. Two of my kids have basketball games on Saturday, so I would either leave Raleigh mid-afternoon Saturday or come on Sunday. Are you gonna be around this weekend? Looking forward to meeting you.

Those are in great shape for '73s. Congratulations. You will enjoy.

I have the same year pair but decorator models, nowhere near as nice as those. My serials are 690 and 691 I think...so not too far away.

I put a set of ALK cornwall networks in them and love them to this day. You will probably find that your nets need some work after 34 years. Lot of options for you as you know.

Nice speaks.

Edit: By the way mine say C D BR-15. Not sure why the 15...maybe the woofer size?

One of the flaws is on the grill of the speaker not pictured. It appeared to melt a little bit on a small section on the bottom. My question:

How do you get the grill off of these guys?

1. Remove the back of the speaker.

2. Remove the crossover and all of the drivers.

3. Remove all of the screws holding the motorboard in place.

4. Remove the motorboard.

5. Remove the NINE BILLION little staples holding the grill cloth in place.

Figure the better part of a day to replace the grill cloth on both speakers.

One of the flaws is on the grill of the speaker not pictured. It appeared to melt a little bit on a small section on the bottom. My question:

How do you get the grill off of these guys?

1. Remove the back of the speaker.

2. Remove the crossover and all of the drivers.

3. Remove all of the screws holding the motorboard in place.

4. Remove the motorboard.

5. Remove the NINE BILLION little staples holding the grill cloth in place.

Figure the better part of a day to replace the grill cloth on both speakers.

Thanks Allan - I was afraid that was going to be the case. Well, after 34 years, I'm sure the crossovers will need rebuilding or replacing. I'm going to send them to Bob after I enjoy them for a while. I figure that will be a good time to replace the grill cloth.

Hi Keith....yes I will be here this weekend...come on down. Been in Rocky Mount on business the last two days and Just got in....a little road weary. Time for a scotch and some music. Suppose to be very cold Friday but moderating for the weekend. I will check with Don and see how your speakers are coming along. Looking forward to seeing you.

Chuck