Khorn hybrids find new home

Tarheel

Not to steal Spongeworthy's thunder but tommorow Spongeworthy comes to the port city to pick up yet another set of speakers. How many pair does that make? I know he just bought some Cornwalls and now he is picking up a pair of khorn hybrids built by Bluesboy and decked out in piano black lacquer and paduak trim. After a stop at Bluesboy's shop to audition the speakers and eat some ribs, we will go to my house to listen to my hybrid La Scalas. We don't get many forum members down our way so this is kind of a big deal for us.

I am sure Spongeworthy will give everyone a full report once he gets them home and set up. Four sets of klipsch....what an understanding wife.....I've got to meet her someday. Anyway...a great Saturday in store. Keith..plan to spend the night if you want we have the room.

Chuck

• Moderators

Not to steal Spongeworthy's thunder but tommorow Spongeworthy comes to the port city to pick up yet another set of speakers. How many pair does that make? I know he just bought some Cornwalls and now he is picking up a pair of khorn hybrids built by Bluesboy and decked out in piano black lacquer and paduak trim. After a stop at Bluesboy's shop to audition the speakers and eat some ribs, we will go to my house to listen to my hybrid La Scalas. We don't get many forum members down our way so this is kind of a big deal for us.

I am sure Spongeworthy will give everyone a full report once he gets them home and set up. Four sets of klipsch....what an understanding wife.....I've got to meet her someday. Anyway...a great Saturday in store. Keith..plan to spend the night if you want we have the room.

Chuck

Looks like congratulations are in order again for Spongeworthy. I would really like to see a pic of those Khorns when he gets them.

I hope you guys have a great time talking Klipsch. We have really enjoyed the visits from fellow forum members.

Thanks Dtel's wife...I am looking forward to Keiths visit...its really fun connecting with folks with the same interest....some just don't get our interest in music/equipment. Last weekend I had some friends over for dinner and they said my system sounded really great but they just didn't see sitting silently in front of a system passively listening. He talked of buying a new plasma tv and being entertained that way. It doesn't have to be an either/or situation you can have either or both.

I agree...I would like to meet more forum members....this will be the first visit..excluding bluesboy...and he's no fun...but seriously if you ever get to the east coast give us a call.

Chuck

I can't wait to get down there and see them in person. Don does some beautiful work and if they look half as good as the la scalas, it will be money well-spent. I am definitely looking forward to the trip.

I passed on a $250 pair of HWOs in Raleigh today. How about that? Don't worry, once I hook up on a pair of Belles, I'll have the original Heritage series covered. That's my goal, one pair of each. Then I'm done.

I am really loving my Cornwalls right now - first pair that I've owned. Amazes me that an all-original 34 year-old speaker can sound this sweet. My wife was fairly amused when I brought home the Cornwalls. She just shook her head and gave me the 'I can't believe I actually married you' look. She's a pretty good sport.

Chuck/Don - I'll see y'all tomorrow.

Spongeworthy just now left from my house for that long dark stretch of I-40 to Raleigh. He met us at Don's shop earlier and the khorns were ready and waiting for his xovers and midrange drivers. A quick hookup and we all were in store for a musical treat. Don brought along several cds including the remastered Santana Abraxas and Keith brought along a Red Hot Chili Peppers cd. Wonderful sound...some of the best music that I have ever heard.

We then went to my house for ribs, chili and mexican beer talked music, equipment, and the forum and some of our favorite forum personalities. We listened to my hybrid LS and much too quickly said so long. It was a very nice saturday afternoon. My take was that Spongeworthy was pleased with his purchase and it was really great to meet him.

Chuck

• Moderators

Spongeworthy we are up to four pairs of Klipsch and I do not regret any of the purchases or winning the Cornwalls. You are right most folks just don't get it.

One day I am sure we will purchase the much coveted Khorns, and definitely a pair of Heresies. I just love the way the Heresies sound, especially the HIII's. They were awesome.

Congratulations on your purchase and we hope you enjoyed your visit with other forum members.

Thanks Dtel's wife. I've made a few good buys and some new buddies over the past few weeks.

This is the most exciting purchase I can remember in years. Don does some outstanding work and he and Chuck were great hosts. I'll report more on the trip later - need to get these beasts out of my van. Here's a peek.

post-21879-13819321695718_thumb.jpg

Well, I have my new speakers in corners and finally hooked up. Thankfully, they are in the same condition that they left Bluesboy's shop. I am sitting here with my jaw on the floor listening to TV on the Radio's 'Return to Cookie Mountain'. They sound phenomenal and I will be listening all day and experimenting with the taps on my DeanG built ALK Jr.s and ALK's tweeter attenuators. I will post some in room pics later.

I can't say enough about Bluesboy's fine craftmanship. The look might not be for everyone, but to me, they look as good as they sound. These are exactly what I was after - just didn't have the skills to pull it off. Without this great forum, I never would have hooked up with Bluesboy and Tarheel. I'm sure glad I did.

• Moderators

Nice speakers...................there are some amazing people hidden in this forum.......................EH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are some amazing, extremely talented people hidden in this forum.

Those speakers are awesome looking, definitely one of a kind. Spongeworthy, you should be proud to own speakers with such fine craftmanship behind them!!!!

I saved that picture. I'm still looking for nice ways to finish of my top hat on my Khorns and this looks like it might do the ticket. Dtels wife........my kitchen is still torn up. The granite guys haven't been too on top of stuff and it will have taken 3 visits to get the install done right. I'll post pics when it's all done.

• Moderators

I saved that picture. I'm still looking for nice ways to finish of my top hat on my Khorns and this looks like it might do the ticket. Dtels wife........my kitchen is still torn up. The granite guys haven't been too on top of stuff and it will have taken 3 visits to get the install done right. I'll post pics when it's all done.

I guess we need to post some new pics of the countertops. Dtel and I got the wood edging completed and it really came out nice. I will try to get some new pics and revive that thread within the next few days, if you don't beat me to it.[;)]