Sony SXRD

T2K

The SXRD is a fantastic TV. I've been a proponent of LCoS for quite a while, and Sony is doing it very well. One thing to consider before you take the plunge is the JVC HD-ILA sets. The light engines JVC uses is virtually identical to Sony's. The only real difference between the two is the video processing; Sony's is slightly better on standard def. content, but it also gives the TV a pretty heavy red push (if you go to Best Buy, wait for the Mitsubishi promo to come up, when they show the Mitsubishi logo the background is all red... it'll almost burn out your retinas in a way). Both are fantastic TVs, but just remember to tone down the SXRD a little bit as far as the profile set is concerned. Standard or movie is always good.

just my two cents...i live in dallas and there is a mall with a sony store. in this store there is a 70" sxrd 1080p tv. you should see this thing. now at the store it's $6000, but i found it on line, new from a company...not individual for $4200. i am going to use that in my future media room instead of front projection. it will only be used for movies.

is this tv for regular tv viewing? if so, don't get the 70"....the 40" look the best for regular tv. if you want to check on line heres the link..... http://www.nextag.com/70-tv/search-html

good luck!

Thanks for the comments. I visited the local Circuit City today only to find that the store is closing after tomorrow (Saturday) to move into a new store. They didn't have any of the SXRD's in stock because of stock issues. Since I'm in no hurry I'll just order online and have it delivered along with one of those heavy a$$ glass stands. Personally, I'm not crazy about the physical appearance of the TV or any stand that I can find. I do like the prices though, when utilizing the online coupon. Prices locally are:

60" SXRD - $2100

55" SXRD - $1875

50" SXRD - $1650

What U think?

Thanks again.

Keith

I saw their 70" model at the Sony Store in SF two years ago and I was blown away. Make sure the viewing angle works for you. Where are you fixing to buy it? Amazon charges no sales tax, and shipping might be free.

Hey Gregg. I'm going to buy at CC. I looked around on the net and the CC online prices I posted above vs other store online prices are little if any. Since I'm not planning on paying for the extended warranty, rather relying on their past reliablity, the local service issue becomes important (my time constraints). I'm still not crazy about the silver on the TV. I hate silver on a TV. I guess I can buy a can of black spray paint.

Keith

EDit > Since CC didn't have the TV in store I'll just order on their site and have it delivered by CC for free. Hope that's less confusing.

I'm still not crazy about the silver on the TV. I hate silver on a TV. I guess I can buy a can of black spray paint.

Keith

Man,

I totally agree with you on this silver on TV issue, it's so distracting. And I would not be afraid to mask off and spray paint flat black any silver on a TV we get in the future.

Nice going on the new TV.......