This is just INSANE!

colterphoto1

On my Colts HDTV thread I showed my setup for tomorrows game. I'd been talking about setting the Crown DC300AII in place for the main channels. Today I actually got it wired up. This is crazy, just crazy

So here's the damage:

Crown is putting 300 clean wpc into the LSBR's with Decorator Heresy on top (4 ohm load) The Heresies are for height to reach over the crowd. They don't even act like they're working hard.

THX KA1000 is conservatively 1000 watts into 2x12" THX subs

Yamaha reciever will deliver 120 (+/-) into the twin KP201 centers, the CW side surrounds and Heresy rear center. There is plenty of power supply because I'm only running 4 of the available 7 channels.

There is another 150 watts in the KSW12 doing rear sub duty with the Heresy (wired through the hi-level terminals in order to hi-pass the Heresy- and this channel and the CW's are all set to LARGE)

Watched a little basketball today and a friend came over and we put on Black Sabbath Last Supper DVD. It's totally insane. I can run the Yamaha up to -0 db with no discernable distortion. Every amp is wide open and it's deafening and crystal clear at the same time.

I calculate roughly 2000 watts RMS for this Superbowl setup.

I like this setup, I think I'm keeping the Crown in place.

Anyone else got an INSANE setup for tomorrow?

GO COLTS !!

Watch out for commercials ! They will be insanely loud compaired to the game !

Inside I will have a combination of a Quad 606 and bridged Carver AV806x amps powering 5 Belles . 1320 watts on tap . Plus my 1250 watt Velodyne DD 18 sub . Viewing will be on a Samsung 50" DLP TV .

Outside I had planned on using an Acurus 3x100 amp powering a pair of Heresys and Mirage MC-si center and an M&K V 125 sub . They are calling for scattered showers tommorow which might nix that plan . The old 35" Toshiba CRT will be out in the breezway though . I'm more concerned about the audio equipment .

• Moderators

Hey Michael, the "set up" here is insane as usual.[;)] We miss you lots and lots.

Glad to see you finally got a set-up (and a mighty fine one at that). Now you know what you have been missing!!!

At least I know what are you aren't doing.....making me a CD????[;)] JUST KIDDING...I forgive you cuz I know you have busy with your COLTS "insanity".[;)]

I know Christy, here in Indy we basically lost 3 weekends due to the playoffs. I'll get onto the work thing soon enough.

Lucky in SC to be able to go outside. I was gonna put some HIP's on the front open patio for smokers area, but the Wisconsin lads sent some ZERO degree air down here. So I cleaned off part of the back porch for drinkies and smoking lounge. That backs up to the main system, so they'll have plenty of sound.

It was 2 degrees high in Indy this afternoon. That is COLD!

• Moderators

Michael, I was just trying to give you a rough time[;)]

At this rate I am going to charge you a pair of Heresies for not delivering that CD in a timely manner.[;)]

I will collect my debt when I arrive at your home in June as a guest for a few days....

Don't you miss all of us warm friendly folks down here?[*-)]

Scooter- you'll have that big-ol custom center box screaming at ya! You'll be fine!

btw, I moved a KP201 to the back, it has a stand mount and I got a Ultimate stand, so I have my rear center about a foot from the ceiling- seems to make a great difference having that height component.

You guys know that this makes me want to start designing my dedicated HT, don't you?

Watch out for commercials ! They will be insanely loud compaired to the game !

Inside I will have a combination of a Quad 606 and bridged Carver AV806x amps powering 5 Belles . 1320 watts on tap . Plus my 1250 watt Velodyne DD 18 sub . Viewing will be on a Samsung 50" DLP TV .

Outside I had planned on using an Acurus 3x100 amp powering a pair of Heresys and Mirage MC-si center and an M&K V 125 sub . They are calling for scattered showers tommorow which might nix that plan . The old 35" Toshiba CRT will be out in the breezway though . I'm more concerned about the audio equipment .

I have the Yammie Mute set to -20, it's just right for knocking the edge off the commercials.

Yah, that should do the trick man- how do those Belle Klipschs sound for sports?

Btw, nice outdoor setup- wish it was warmer here or I'd put up the LSI stacks.

Colter Asked ,

Yah, that should do the trick man- how do those Belle Klipschs sound for sports?

Well , as long as I have a good signal they sound Great ! But if the signal is crap they will let ya' know . The networks love to throw in some weird LFE these days during the game and my sub will freak some unsuspecting people out on occasion .

I realy hope the weather holds out so that I can set up the audio system outside . This is the 11th annual and last Super Bowl party at my present location . I would like to go out with a BANG !

yea, those sound effects when the scores and data come WHOOOOSHing up on the screen really aren't needed, just more wow/boom factor imho. I think I watched a concert too loud last night- woke up with headache/noise hangover. But you know how those COLTS FANS LIKE IT LOUD.

maybe I'd better wear earplugs tomorrow...

yea, those sound effects when the scores and data come WHOOOOSHing up on the screen really aren't needed, just more wow/boom factor imho. I think I watched a concert too loud last night- woke up with headache/noise hangover. But you know how those COLTS FANS LIKE IT LOUD.

maybe I'd better wear earplugs tomorrow...

on second thought, maybe it's the lack of caffiene, I've been laying off the sodas and didnt' have any tea yesterday. Enjoying a nice tall Mountain Juice right now (thats' what my lil nephew calls it)